Titus Young

Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,032.00
I tried searching for his thread, but I didn't find any.

What do you think of this? Worth taking a flier on or am I overreacting?

Titus Young - WR - Lions

NEWS: SI.com's Chris Burke backs up beat writer sentiment that WR Titus Young "continues to look like he's on the verge of a huge season."

ANALYSIS:  Burke follows the Lions as closely as any team, so he has a good read on Young's progress. Coach Jim Schwartz calls Young "an important part" of the coaching staff's plans this season. Young is the favorite to finish second on team in receiving yards behind Calvin Johnson

Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
QB: Freeman-E. Manning
RB: Rice-Ridley-ADP-Bradshaw-Hillman
WR: Austin-Decker-D. Moore
TE: Gates
K: Bryant
D: CIN-NYJ
Whale Shark
Sand$: 521.98
I like him. I do have him outside my top-30 WRs though, along with guys like Denarius Moore, Darius Heyward-Bey, Torrey Smith, Vincent Brown and Meachem. The only thing keeping me from raising him much further is that I think his ceiling is relatively capped starting across from Calvin, especially in any kind of ppr format.

.5PPR
QB:Ben,Dalton,Taylor
RB:Lewis,Gore,L.Murray,M.Jones,Andrews,Michael,D.Cobb
WR:A.Brown,ODB,Green,J.Brown
TE:Olsen,Gates

PPR
QB:Brady
RB:AP,Hyde,CJA,Ellington,Riddick
WR:Sanders,J.Jones,Maclin,J.Brown,Jeffery
TE:Clay
Blue Shark
Would you rank him above Malcolm Floyd, who's injury prone, and is now up against a healthy Gates, and receivers like Brown/Meachem?

I might have to drop Floyd in order to pick him. Don't know if it's a good or bad move..

Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,834.06
Titus could easily break into the top 30 on the offense. He is building a good base. He is a guy who I could see take a real jump in ADP if he has a good preseason. I would take him for the simple fact that teams initial game plans will be to shut down Calvin which could boost Young's. Then flip Young for an slow starting player for later.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
Pad264 wrote:I like him. I do have him outside my top-30 WRs though, along with guys like Denarius Moore, Darius Heyward-Bey, Torrey Smith, Vincent Brown and Meachem. The only thing keeping me from raising him much further is that I think his ceiling is relatively capped starting across from Calvin, especially in any kind of ppr format.

Titus caught ~50 balls last season, Burleson caught ~80

If Titus is gonna overshoot Burleson as many are predicting him to this year, he can put up a pretty darn good year
Blue Shark
Sand$: 788.00
and he's still Young.

Rate/comment on my team. It's pretty good, but Yahoo gave it a D+ (picking 10th outta 10)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=305803&p=4223040#p4223040
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,229.78
whiskeytown wrote:and he's still Young.

Forever Young?

SCS Wolfpack

Bortles, Roethlisberger
DeAngelo, C. West, Hill, Ware
Dez, Diggs, J. Brown, Martavis
Watson, Rodgers
Bailey, Hopkins
Broncos, Seahawks

12-team / .5PPR / 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST
Whale Shark
TheChamp wrote:
Pad264 wrote:I like him. I do have him outside my top-30 WRs though, along with guys like Denarius Moore, Darius Heyward-Bey, Torrey Smith, Vincent Brown and Meachem. The only thing keeping me from raising him much further is that I think his ceiling is relatively capped starting across from Calvin, especially in any kind of ppr format.

Titus caught ~50 balls last season, Burleson caught ~80

If Titus is gonna overshoot Burleson as many are predicting him to this year, he can put up a pretty darn good year

Burleson is still there though. Even if Burleson moves to the slot, which seems likely, Detroit is always in 3-WR sets. I wouldn't count on Young to get more than 70 receptions this year, and I think that's his pie-in-the-sky ceiling.

.5PPR

PPR
Whale Shark
hakunamatata wrote:Would you rank him above Malcolm Floyd, who's injury prone, and is now up against a healthy Gates, and receivers like Brown/Meachem?

I might have to drop Floyd in order to pick him. Don't know if it's a good or bad move..

Definetely. And it's not so much to do with Titus as much to do with Floyd, who I'm completely over. Every year I think the guy might breakout and this year I've given up hope. The reality is just that he's not very good. I'm off that train completely.

.5PPR

PPR
Blue Shark
Not trying to wish harm on anyone, but I believe in the Madden Curse as well :neutral:

Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,229.78
Pad264 wrote:
hakunamatata wrote:Would you rank him above Malcolm Floyd, who's injury prone, and is now up against a healthy Gates, and receivers like Brown/Meachem?

Definetely. And it's not so much to do with Titus as much to do with Floyd, who I'm completely over. Every year I think the guy might breakout and this year I've given up hope. The reality is just that he's not very good. I'm off that train completely.

^^^^this

I think Vincent Brown is the WR to get for the Chargers. Young I think could have a breakout year this year, as long as he doesn't pick any more fights with the defense in practice.

SCS Wolfpack

Bortles, Roethlisberger
DeAngelo, C. West, Hill, Ware
Dez, Diggs, J. Brown, Martavis
Watson, Rodgers
Bailey, Hopkins
Broncos, Seahawks

12-team / .5PPR / 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST
Blue Shark
Sand$: 788.00
hakunamatata wrote:Not trying to wish harm on anyone, but I believe in the Madden Curse as well :neutral:

yea, not sure i "believe" in it... but i'm glad i'll be passing on Calvin in the first round of my draft.

and someone tell the Madden people that RB is thin enough as it is, dont put a RB on the cover next year!

Rate/comment on my team. It's pretty good, but Yahoo gave it a D+ (picking 10th outta 10)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=305803&p=4223040#p4223040
Sand$: 811.59
hakunamatata wrote:I tried searching for his thread, but I didn't find any.

You sir, are getting 100 sands :thumbright:
Sand$: 811.59
I'm wary of the practice reports. He's looking awesome against the Lions secondary, whoop-de-freaking-doo

Still, I rather take a shot at him and his potential over some of these other guys around him like Floyd, Holmes, Wayne, Boldin, etc
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 38,105.20
don't draft him. he's a scrub.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian