FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.29.2014, 13:50

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 21:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
Who stands out to you? Who should we stay away from?

Stand out

Pierre Garcon ADP 83 ... Uber talent who will be RG3's stud... You have to expect that double coverage will be hard to do with a runner QB at the helm... Should open a lot of opportunities.

Stay Away

Vincent Jackson ADP 55 ... You play for TB... Josh freeman is getting drafted in the 10th round... Unless every ball goes VJ you can count on a mediocre season... Way too early for my taste.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17165
Donate
nyg.gif
Brandon Lloyd - ADP 60. Very talented WR playing for an coordinator who loves him and is catching passes from the best QB in football...and all reports about this in training camp are glowing. Sometimes, there are gimmes and this is one at his ADP.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:34 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 4074
Donate
ne.gif
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Pierre Garcon ADP 83 ... Uber talent who will be RG3's stud... You have to expect that double coverage will be hard to do with a runner QB at the helm... Should open a lot of opportunities.

Stay Away

Vincent Jackson ADP 55 ... You play for TB... Josh freeman is getting drafted in the 10th round... Unless every ball goes VJ you can count on a mediocre season... Way too early for my taste.

I tend to disagree on VJAX. Believe me I am not a Freeman Kool-aid drinker, but I feel as though last year's lack of production was due to a lack of weapons. I saw a stat that 10 of 22 interceptions were thrown K.Winslow's direction. That tells me he was forcing the ball. I think Martin gives them more options on third down and VJAX will surprise some people this year. By your post, maybe even you. If Winslow averaged 72 receptions over the last three years in TB i would have to say that is VJAX floor. I think projections are accurate, i would even give it an uptick 80-85 receptions, 1200yds, 11 TDS. That will work as my WR2!

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39062
Donate
pit.gif
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

really not seeing how you should stay away from Vjax in the 5th round, If your looking for a wr2 in this spot I dont see how you cant consider him.

Last edited by rugger48 on Thu 08.16.2012, 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13746
Donate
atl.gif
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

really not seeing how you should stay away from Vjax in the 5th round, If your looking for a wr2 in this spot I dont see how you cant consider him.

His QB is complete shoot. I'm not sold on VJax this year, I think his ceiling is lower than most guys. I'd rather wait very late and gamble on Mike Williams benefiting from the VJax addition. If the value is right you're forced to take V Jax, but I haven't really been reaching out to grab the guy in any drafts. I mean VJax has never caught over 70 balls in a year, that worries me and now he's downgrading his QB.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:46 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2048
Donate
gb.gif
I won't be drafting any receiver mentioned thus far.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39062
Donate
pit.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

His QB is complete shoot. I'm not sold on VJax this year, I think his ceiling is lower than most guys. I'd rather wait very late and gamble on Mike Williams benefiting from the VJax addition. If the value is right you're forced to take V Jax, but I haven't really been reaching out to grab the guy in any drafts. I mean VJax has never caught over 70 balls in a year, that worries me and now he's downgrading his QB.

his qb is good enough to pass for 20 tds, in my mind I think 8-9 can go to Vjax easily. again were talking about the mid 5th round, if your waiting to take a wr1 because you took 2 rbs a qb and a te your going to have to take some chances, if hes your wr2 I dont see how you dont take the chance. I think the difference between this year and last in tampa is the coaching staff and better discipline. They dont have a coach who is trying to be everybodies friend, everything is more structured in tampa.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 22:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13746
Donate
atl.gif
I'd still prefer guys like Jennings, Miles, Green, Lloyd, Stevie over him but that's me.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 00:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13253
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

his qb is good enough to pass for 20 tds, in my mind I think 8-9 can go to Vjax easily. again were talking about the mid 5th round, if your waiting to take a wr1 because you took 2 rbs a qb and a te your going to have to take some chances, if hes your wr2 I dont see how you dont take the chance. I think the difference between this year and last in tampa is the coaching staff and better discipline. They dont have a coach who is trying to be everybodies friend, everything is more structured in tampa.

The problem with VJax is that he'll win you a couple games with an 8-122-2.

Then he'll follow it up with a 2-26.

His totals look good at the end of the season, but he's the ultimate boom or bust WR.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 03:48 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3561
Donate
Location: Im throwing down a Goody powder and getting ready for another day
den.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

His totals look good at the end of the season, but he's the ultimate boom or bust WR.

CHUH-CHING!

After riding that roller coaster the past 2 years (a large contributing factor to finishing 1st and 2nd in total points only to lose 1st round of playoffs)....Im gonna pass this time.

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 04:00 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3561
Donate
Location: Im throwing down a Goody powder and getting ready for another day
den.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
I'd still prefer guys like Jennings, Miles, Green, Lloyd, Stevie over him but that's me.

Im 2 other owner's picks away from Stevie falling to me at 6.07. Holding my breath. Ummmm...is there something I've missed in the news lately?

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 04:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
rugger48 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

On the $

VJax is overrated in both fantasy and reality

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 05:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
darksideofoz wrote:
I won't be drafting any receiver mentioned thus far.

Do continue...

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 06:07 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1070
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:

Stand out

Stay Away

Thing is, with V-Jax, you just don't start him the week after he went big. If you live by that theory, you'll be fine..lol..he hasn't scored two games in a row, or had two 100-yard games in a row since fall 2009..! Seems he is content for a while every time he sees his own image on the front page! [-X

Though, I have to say I am a little curious as to how he'll do. SD did have a bunch of people to catch those balls, and now he's in less crowded space, with a talented (yes, I believe so) reciever to be the decoy (and yes, I am one of those who draft TBMW in round 12-13). You would think, regardless, that V-Jax is able to put up with some double coverage cause of his size and vertical. Martin (and perhaps Blount - no OK sorry!) may also give him some breathing space, while not stealing as many passes as, say Mathews, Tolbert (and Gates).

This is one year where I actually "cuff" a couple of WR's. If I pick V-Jax I pick MW late. I do the same with Meachem and Brown if he falls to rd. 12-13 (given up on Floyd..) You gotta think one will have a decent season. V-Jax as WR2 - I tend to like it..but bench him after a big game! :thumbright:

QB: M. Stafford, J. Cutler
RB: R. Bush, J. Bell, C. Michael, K. Hunter, D. Brown
WR: V. Cruz, R. White, S. Watkins, C. Shorts, J. Hunter, G. Jennings, S. Bailey, K. Stills, TBMW, C. Givens
TE: J. Graham, D. Walker

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 06:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
WillieBeamen wrote:
I tend to disagree on VJAX. Believe me I am not a Freeman Kool-aid drinker, but I feel as though last year's lack of production was due to a lack of weapons.

Freeman had same weapons in 2011 as he did in 2010.

Freeman's accuracy (lack of) will always be his downfall.