FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.25.2014, 03:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 04:29 
Chum

Sand$: 76
Donate
I just registered tonight in order to see player projections based on my league's custom settings (standard decimal scoring, 1 pt/10 yards rush/rec, 1 pt/25 yards passing, 4/td). I wrote down all of the Shark's QB projections and compared them to three others sites' which I use and they came out a bit odd.

First off....over 400 pts for Ray Rice this season? That's fifty more points than any other site projects for their consensus #1 RB, Arian Foster.

Also in comparison to the other three sites, Sharks projected 14 quarterbacks to score at least THIRTY fewer points than the QBs lowest-projected score for each site. Example for RG3: Site one = 322, Site two = 289, Site three = 301, Sharks = 249.

Hopefully they'll update these projections...because Matt Ryan only scoring 5 more points than he did last season is absurd.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 04:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17748
Donate
atl.gif
Masd71 wrote:
I just registered tonight in order to see player projections based on my league's custom settings (standard decimal scoring, 1 pt/10 yards rush/rec, 1 pt/25 yards passing, 4/td). I wrote down all of the Shark's QB projections and compared them to three others sites' which I use and they came out a bit odd.

First off....over 400 pts for Ray Rice this season? That's fifty more points than any other site projects for their consensus #1 RB, Arian Foster.

Also in comparison to the other three sites, Sharks projected 14 quarterbacks to score at least THIRTY fewer points than the QBs lowest-projected score for each site. Example for RG3: Site one = 322, Site two = 289, Site three = 301, Sharks = 249.

Hopefully they'll update these projections...because Matt Ryan only scoring 5 more points than he did last season is absurd.

Well, I'd say stick with your "other" sites and don't let the door hit you on the way out. We happen to like it here.

Welker, Hilton, Floyd (AZ), Boykin
Thomas, Walker
Gostkowski
NE Def

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 05:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
I think your doing the right thing by comparing and coming up with your own opinion... Well find out at the end of the year who was right... @DD... Easy big fella

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 05:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17748
Donate
atl.gif
tmidgley wrote:
I think your doing the right thing by comparing and coming up with your own opinion... Well find out at the end of the year who was right... @DD... Easy big fella

:thumbright:

Welker, Hilton, Floyd (AZ), Boykin
Thomas, Walker
Gostkowski
NE Def

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 06:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8081
Donate
jax.gif
Masd71 wrote:

Try a FF magazine. I hear they are the most accurate.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 06:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2963
Donate
nyg.gif
Still not sure what your are concerned about....you're concerned that you don't agree?

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 07:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23463
Donate
cle.gif
Masd71 wrote:

Masd71--Welcome to the Tank. Enjoy your swim!

IMO, the Tank projections are --like ALL projections--simply opinions and need to be weighed as part of an overall ranking. The true strength of the Tank is in the forums. A lot of these guys are extremely knowledgeable and can provide you with a real advantage in playing this game we all love.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 07:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7648
Donate
pit.gif
What he said ^^^^

Projections are just that....They are conjecture. Use them as a tool, not the end-all, be-all. If you look at projections as the bible you will not do well in ANY draft.

Welcome to the tank.

RIP Bro....
7-14-2011

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 07:55 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 536
Donate
chi.gif
bluemist wrote:
Masd71 wrote:

IMO, the Tank projections are --like ALL projections--simply opinions and need to be weighed as part of an overall ranking. The true strength of the Tank is in the forums. A lot of these guys are extremely knowledgeable and can provide you with a real advantage in playing this game we all love.

The articles and projections, etc are nice here....but this is by FAR the best forum I'm a part of....the info you can gather here is valuable and the discussions (while sometimes grade school name calling) are usually well argued.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4562
Donate
kc.gif
Projections are not the strength of this site.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33469
Donate
car.gif
First off, you wrote them down? What year is this? :lol:

They're PROJECTIONS. That means they are OPINIONS. Do your own and also please post them now so that you can be graded later.

I can absolutely guarantee you that the ones here won't be 100% right. Heck, they probably won't be 66.67% right. But you need to take these types of things and walk through and adjust them to fit your OPINIONS. Take off the training wheels and pedal.

Welcome to the tank and yes, get off my lawn. :wink:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33469
Donate
car.gif
hawkdogger wrote:
Projections are not the strength of this site.

And feel free to post the right ones. I'd appreciate that. And how about the Pick 3 numbers for today also, k?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:32 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1876
Donate
mia.gif
ironmonkey78 wrote:
bluemist wrote:
Masd71 wrote:

The articles and projections, etc are nice here....but this is by FAR the best forum I'm a part of....the info you can gather here is valuable and the discussions (while sometimes grade school name calling) are usually well argued.

Long live the forums!!! I came here first for the projections too but I agree the forums are the strength. Well that and the Shark Leagues.

Careful though some of our brother sharks DO bite, not in a good way either, but most are harmless.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:49 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1074
Donate
car.gif
You can always go with Mathew Berry and Tim Hasselbacks projections instead, was watching them last night and boy do they know their stuff.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 08:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8081
Donate
jax.gif
Dutchmaster17 wrote:
You can always go with Mathew Berry and Tim Hasselbacks projections instead, was watching them last night and boy do they know their stuff.

Berry is only one worth 2 shoots FF wise over at that place.