Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,543.22
Every year I try to be as fair as possible to the team owners who can't show-up on draft day. However, this has always met with a sizable amount of complaining from the owners at the draft and the owners you draft for who are absent. So this year I have decided to print out the ADP from Fantasy Calculator and just draft the next player that is un-drafted. This usually works well for the owners who are absent, but the owners who are present complain about why should they get him is they aren't here?

Does anyone have an idea how to be fair to both owners present and absent from draft day events ?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,135.50
If they can't follow along by phone or computer, I say time to find a new owner. Especially if its the same person every year.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,518.26
A list is fine, but it needs to come from the absent owner. Have him do his own rankings. And I'd say some type of gameplan: Round 1 RB, Round 2 WR, etc. if possible. Realistically it would be more like "by round 5 I want 2 RB, 1 QB, 2 WR" or such.

Take every bit of your influence out of it if possible.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,421.24
My feeling has always been they should be required to find someone to attend the draft for them. Even if that person only goes off an ADP list at least no one can complain.

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,765.66
And coming from the perspective of the owner I would hate the thought of other owners drafting my team. Happened 2 years ago in my work league to me, my co-workers gave me Favre and Deangelo at picks 2 and 3, oh and it was a PPC and PPR league, so they were definitely thinking in my best interest..Plus I found out the hard way when Peyton scored 90 points on me one week haha

Sand$: 1,132.33
The preparation and draft is my favorite part of this entire fantasy football thing. Why join a league if you can't be there for the draft?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,135.50
One year this guy sent his wife to draft for him. He was on fishing trip or something.

Half his roster ended up being players that were injured or just sucked.

We all kept straight faces when she looked in her FF mag and picked them at random.

Surprise surprise, he showed up the next yr.

Whale Shark
Sand$: 521.98
endzoneview wrote:The preparation and draft is my favorite part of this entire fantasy football thing. Why join a league if you can't be there for the draft?

While beside the point, I agree with that, haha. I can't imagine adopting someone else's team (or an ADP team) for a year and caring about it.

My general rule has been simple -- if one person can't attend, they call-in. If more than one person can't attend, we do it online for everyone. The live draft is the best day of the year, but it's not worth compromising the league or interest of those in the league. The rule just gives added pressure for people to make the time, rather than get dogged by the rest of the league for messing it up for everyone.

.5PPR
QB:Ben,Dalton,Taylor
RB:Lewis,Gore,L.Murray,M.Jones,Andrews,Michael,D.Cobb
WR:A.Brown,ODB,Green,J.Brown
TE:Olsen,Gates

PPR
QB:Brady
RB:AP,Hyde,CJA,Ellington,Riddick
WR:Sanders,J.Jones,Maclin,J.Brown,Jeffery
TE:Clay
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,421.24
endzoneview wrote:The preparation and draft is my favorite part of this entire fantasy football thing. Why join a league if you can't be there for the draft?

Life? I mean you pick a date for the draft and maybe somebody has something more pressing. I get that.

But that person should still be responsible enough to have somebody represent them. It shouldn't be up to his league mates or the commish.

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
Sand$: 1,132.33
fishfry wrote:

Life? I mean you pick a date for the draft and maybe somebody has something more pressing. I get that.

But that person should still be responsible enough to have somebody represent them. It shouldn't be up to his league mates or the commish.

I get that. Sounds to me like that would be very rare and the OP is stating drafting for multiple absentee owners. I wouldn't even bother with it.

But to the point, I guess just picking up a random ADP sheet and making picks is the best solution.
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,687.24
hankrip wrote:One year this guy sent his wife to draft for him. He was on fishing trip or something.

Half his roster ended up being players that were injured or just sucked.

We all kept straight faces when she looked in her FF mag and picked them at random.

Surprise surprise, he showed up the next yr.

At least she didn't turn up pregnant.... did she?

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,837.86
One option is to say you will be drafted based on ADP before the pre-season games (August 1st). With PUP players removed.

I think that's fair, because pre-season tends to affect things greatly. You can still get a decent team, but you might end up with Ryan Mathews at 1.06.

But yeah, I still think they should make the list. Whether it's just them printing out an ADP sheet from <insert favorite site>.

They should also write down a draft order they want you to take positions in (RB in 1st, QB in 2nd, etc...), so your judgment doesn't affect them. Maybe in separate envelopes if they're paranoid.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,232.50
It's a game. Some people need to realize that not everyone is going to be around for a live draft. Just go down the ADP list and fill out their starting lineup first, then take the BPA to fill out the bench.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,543.22
While I am usually a proponent of if you cant show you don't play, these two owners are long-time league members with legit reasons for being absent. In the past our league penalized players in different ways, drafting a kicker in the first, missing a round, or drafting last. This year I am actually more concerned about the people at the draft complaining about picking from an ADP list because they wanted the player and someone who was not there got him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,714.00
Use some other ADP list if you're gonna do that, the FFCalculator list is too accurate. However, if that person finds that list himself and says use it, then that would be fine I suppose. He needs to provide his own list, and preferably have someone there to draft for him.

Trent Richardson should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.
QB RB-RB WR-WR TE FLEX DST K (PPR)
QB: Ryan, Ben
RB: Ellington, Bradshaw, Ball, Hillman, Ingram, Sims, Mason
WR: Demaryius, Kelvin, Baldwin
TE: Gronk, Daniels