FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 12:50

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat 08.18.2012, 16:12 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 07.28.2012, 12:47
Posts: 102
Sand$: 348
Donate
2QB 6pts TD league

12 teams 0.75 PPR

QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Keeper league!!
i'm keeping Rogers as my 1st round pick, and i'm drafting 4th

Looking for general tips for 2QB league help

1. When should i get my 2nd QB?

2. Thinking about drafting 2QB and 2RB first 4 round, good or bad idea?

3. What about WR? would it be too late if i start drafting in 5th round?

4. Since it is keeper league, how should i target my draft in late round? (We can only keep who we draft)

5. When should i draft my 3rd QB? I read about the key to win in 2QB league is draft ur 3rd QB before everyone else, is that true?

6. Any late round QB suggestion?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 00:44 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Wed 08.15.2007, 10:19
Posts: 141
Sand$: 389
Donate
Location: Flatland
Any time I've played in a 2 QB league, the teams with the best QB's ALWAYS do well. It seems obvious, but 2 top QB's are going to stomp two top RB's 90% of the time. Especially with Rodgers, if you add even a second tier QB to that, you're looking at maybe a ten point average advantage over your opponent at the QB position. So if you can get a guy like Eli Manning, or Michael Vick, or even Matt Ryan the next best guy can only be even with you if he has Tom Brady or Drew Brees plus an equivalent QB. The owners who have Stafford or Newton will probably be a step back from you.

Now I would expect in such a QB heavy league, that several QB's are going to be keepers. But I can see how the idea that getting your third QB could be a solid strategy. There are always surprise RB's that pop up every year. Like DeMarco Murray last year. So I'd hit QB hard to start and then kind of play it by ear as you go. Don't be a slave to a rule book once you've solidified the QB spot. If there's a dominant receiver that falls into your lap when you're expecting to take a RB, snatch him up.

And keep in mind that in a keeper league, QB's are more valuable than RB's every minute of every day. Ray Rice is a rock solid fantasy stud and could end up being a Hall of Famer if he keeps it up. But I'm willing to bet that Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, and Aaron Rodgers are still top ten fantasy players when Ray Rice is making his Hall of Fame induction speech.

I think it will be too late to score any sure-fire stud receivers when the 5th round comes around, but there should be some borderline number 1 guys still there. And if you're shored up at the two most important positions for your league, the WR position is so deep you'll be able to stay in good shape. You could still be looking at guys like Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, or maybe even Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson in the 5th and 6th rounds. Not too shabby if you're already set at the other positions.

Some late round QB's you might be able to grab up are likely to be guys who may have struggled last year, but are either healthy or have some new weapons.
Guys I like are Matt Schaub. If he stays healthy and Andre Johnson stays healthy, he can get 4K yards and 20 TD's easy. Jay Cutler. With Brandon Marshall back in his offense, he can finally start throwing the ball in Chicago. Josh Freeman. The addition of Vincent Jackson will be a big help and Doug Martin catching the ball out of the backfield can only help. If they're not available, you can go with unproven guys with potential. Carson Palmer hasn't played much for a while now, but he's surely more familiar with the offense now and there's talent on that team. Matt Flynn in Seattle is a lifelong backup, but he did throw for like a thousand yards in one game last year (that's what the internet says anyway). Sam Bradford is on a dismal team again, but at least he'll be assured to have to throw the ball 40 times a game.

Anyway, that may not have answered all your questions, but good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 07:36 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Thu 07.19.2007, 11:00
Posts: 1640
Sand$: 3870
Donate
I play in a 12 team QB flex and most draft as a 2 QB league and they fly off the board. I have always done well not following the trend. Drafted last night and ended up with Cutler and Fitzpatrick in the 6th and 7th rounds. I took Calvin at #6 and got Charles in the 5th....some very good players drop way too far IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 10:28 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 07.28.2012, 12:47
Posts: 102
Sand$: 348
Donate
jaikkhubb wrote:
Any time I've played in a 2 QB league, the teams with the best QB's ALWAYS do well. It seems obvious, but 2 top QB's are going to stomp two top RB's 90% of the time. Especially with Rodgers, if you add even a second tier QB to that, you're looking at maybe a ten point average advantage over your opponent at the QB position. So if you can get a guy like Eli Manning, or Michael Vick, or even Matt Ryan the next best guy can only be even with you if he has Tom Brady or Drew Brees plus an equivalent QB. The owners who have Stafford or Newton will probably be a step back from you.

Now I would expect in such a QB heavy league, that several QB's are going to be keepers. But I can see how the idea that getting your third QB could be a solid strategy. There are always surprise RB's that pop up every year. Like DeMarco Murray last year. So I'd hit QB hard to start and then kind of play it by ear as you go. Don't be a slave to a rule book once you've solidified the QB spot. If there's a dominant receiver that falls into your lap when you're expecting to take a RB, snatch him up.

And keep in mind that in a keeper league, QB's are more valuable than RB's every minute of every day. Ray Rice is a rock solid fantasy stud and could end up being a Hall of Famer if he keeps it up. But I'm willing to bet that Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, and Aaron Rodgers are still top ten fantasy players when Ray Rice is making his Hall of Fame induction speech.

I think it will be too late to score any sure-fire stud receivers when the 5th round comes around, but there should be some borderline number 1 guys still there. And if you're shored up at the two most important positions for your league, the WR position is so deep you'll be able to stay in good shape. You could still be looking at guys like Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, or maybe even Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson in the 5th and 6th rounds. Not too shabby if you're already set at the other positions.

Some late round QB's you might be able to grab up are likely to be guys who may have struggled last year, but are either healthy or have some new weapons.
Guys I like are Matt Schaub. If he stays healthy and Andre Johnson stays healthy, he can get 4K yards and 20 TD's easy. Jay Cutler. With Brandon Marshall back in his offense, he can finally start throwing the ball in Chicago. Josh Freeman. The addition of Vincent Jackson will be a big help and Doug Martin catching the ball out of the backfield can only help. If they're not available, you can go with unproven guys with potential. Carson Palmer hasn't played much for a while now, but he's surely more familiar with the offense now and there's talent on that team. Matt Flynn in Seattle is a lifelong backup, but he did throw for like a thousand yards in one game last year (that's what the internet says anyway). Sam Bradford is on a dismal team again, but at least he'll be assured to have to throw the ball 40 times a game.

Anyway, that may not have answered all your questions, but good luck.


Thanks for your help I'm targeting Ryan for my 2nd QB if he does not go super early. So far, Rogers, Brees, Newton, Stafford is kept.... but too me it doesnt matter that much. they would have gotten draft 1st or 2nd round anyway and those who kept them have to draft one less QB at the beginning round which is equal it out.

Another thing i plan on doing to trade to draft RB, WR, TE that does not have the same bye week as Rogers and whoever my 2nd QB going to be. Should i Do that?
I'm thinking i will be already hurting from not having my star QB starting that week, i dont think i can afford to have other starter out in the same week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 10:28 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 07.28.2012, 12:47
Posts: 102
Sand$: 348
Donate
theplayer11 wrote:
I play in a 12 team QB flex and most draft as a 2 QB league and they fly off the board. I have always done well not following the trend. Drafted last night and ended up with Cutler and Fitzpatrick in the 6th and 7th rounds. I took Calvin at #6 and got Charles in the 5th....some very good players drop way too far IMO.


Can you post ur draft recap if possible thanks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 15:17 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Wed 08.15.2007, 10:19
Posts: 141
Sand$: 389
Donate
Location: Flatland
You have nothing to worry about in regards to Rodgers' bye week. The other teams off that week are Cleveland, Washington, and Arizona. RG3 could be an enticing draft choice for you, but not as your #2, but you should stay away from him. The Browns' and Cardinals' QB's should be avoided at all costs for your #3, so no issue there.

Atlanta is off the same week as Denver, KC, Philly, SD, and Miami. So choosing Ryan will put you in a position to avoid QB's like Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Michael Vick. Those players won't be around long enough to be your #3 QB anyway. So stay away from Matt Cassell and whoever ends up starting in Miami.

As far as RB, WR, TE not off on the same weeks as Rodgers (and possibly Ryan) you're looking at the same teams being off. The players who will be hard to replace those weeks are Trent Richardson, Ryan Mathews, LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, and Antonio Gates. McCoy and Mathews will already be gone before you get a chance to draft them. Richardsom might be too. So you're in good shape there, too.

Other than that, you shouldn't have to concern yourself with bye weeks at all as far as QB goes.

So, if you're going to focus on bye weeks during your draft, avoid these players for your critical spots:

QB3 - RG3, Matt Cassel, and the Dolphins
RB1 - Michael Turner, LeSean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Trent Richardson, and Jamaal Charles
WR1/2 - Roddy White, Julio Jones, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, and Dwayne Bowe
TE1 - Antonio Gates, Jermichael Finley, and Tony Gonzalez

When you get further down your depth chart, don't hesitate to pick up ANY of these guys that might fall to you. If you can get Jeremy Maclin as your third receiver, jump on it. Be careful with bye weeks, but try not to let it dictate your strategy completely. If you draft high quality guys and some of them have the same bye week and you see a possibility of issues later on, look to the trade bait early in the year. Keep tabs on buy-low/sell-high candidates and try to take care of your bye week problems before the bye weeks come around.

Again, good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 22:23 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 07.28.2012, 12:47
Posts: 102
Sand$: 348
Donate
jaikkhubb wrote:
You have nothing to worry about in regards to Rodgers' bye week. The other teams off that week are Cleveland, Washington, and Arizona. RG3 could be an enticing draft choice for you, but not as your #2, but you should stay away from him. The Browns' and Cardinals' QB's should be avoided at all costs for your #3, so no issue there.

Atlanta is off the same week as Denver, KC, Philly, SD, and Miami. So choosing Ryan will put you in a position to avoid QB's like Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Michael Vick. Those players won't be around long enough to be your #3 QB anyway. So stay away from Matt Cassell and whoever ends up starting in Miami.

As far as RB, WR, TE not off on the same weeks as Rodgers (and possibly Ryan) you're looking at the same teams being off. The players who will be hard to replace those weeks are Trent Richardson, Ryan Mathews, LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, and Antonio Gates. McCoy and Mathews will already be gone before you get a chance to draft them. Richardsom might be too. So you're in good shape there, too.

Other than that, you shouldn't have to concern yourself with bye weeks at all as far as QB goes.

So, if you're going to focus on bye weeks during your draft, avoid these players for your critical spots:

QB3 - RG3, Matt Cassel, and the Dolphins
RB1 - Michael Turner, LeSean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Trent Richardson, and Jamaal Charles
WR1/2 - Roddy White, Julio Jones, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, and Dwayne Bowe
TE1 - Antonio Gates, Jermichael Finley, and Tony Gonzalez

When you get further down your depth chart, don't hesitate to pick up ANY of these guys that might fall to you. If you can get Jeremy Maclin as your third receiver, jump on it. Be careful with bye weeks, but try not to let it dictate your strategy completely. If you draft high quality guys and some of them have the same bye week and you see a possibility of issues later on, look to the trade bait early in the year. Keep tabs on buy-low/sell-high candidates and try to take care of your bye week problems before the bye weeks come around.

Again, good luck!


thanks for all the great info

Here is what i ending getting tonight

QB Aaron Rodgers
QB Tony Romo
RB Jamaal Charles
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR Marques Colston
WR Robert Meachem
TE Brent Celek
W/R Willis McGahee
W/R Donald Brown
BN Stevan Ridley
BN Lance Moore
BN Christian Ponder
BN Randall Cobb
BN Shane Vereen

Tried to get Ryan but he went 2nd round, tried to get River but he went one pick before me.... so I took Romo at 3rd round. I'm not 100% on Charles but he was the best available at that time. I was targeting Lynch but he also went one pick before me so i end up getting Charles.

Forgot about TE, i have Gate, Finley, Davis and Gresham as my target but missed all of them. Finally got my TE at 13th round.

I think i overloaded with RB Picked 5 in first 8 rounds. Should have gotten a better WR or TE but WR is so deep this year and I love Moore @ 10th round and Cobb @ 12th round.

Hate New England RB but they were the best available at the time. got Rodley at 8th round.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 08.20.2012, 04:47 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Wed 08.15.2007, 10:19
Posts: 141
Sand$: 389
Donate
Location: Flatland
I love the Romo pick. I prefer him over Rivers personally. And I think Ponder will surprise people. The Vikings aren't very good, so there's always the chance he'll have to throw it a lot this year.

I think the RB situation is actually pretty tight. I doubt any of those guys will be chasing 2,000 yards or 20 TD's, but I don't see any risky guys, as long as Charles is all the way back from his knee injury. The TE situation isn't anything to be too concerned about. If you don't have Gronkowski or Graham, there's no need to reach. After those two guys, the difference between the rest is reasonable. Celek should be sufficient, especially since you were able to get really good quality at the other three positions.

You might have some issues with WR depth, but the guys you got should definitely perform well. I especially like Meachem this year, considering Vincent Brown just went down for the first half of the season. Colston is as consistent as you can get, so while he won't put up Megatron numbers, the Saints offense should help him put up top 10 receiver stats. He's one of the most underrated receivers in the league.

I like your team a lot. Well done.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apes, Baidu [Spider], bowwhizzle, emjones2001, fishfry, Google [Bot], Supersock69, TheCommonwealth, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group