FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 10:46

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 19:05 

Sand$: 48582
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Owner Jim Irsay tweeted Thursday that "serious trade winds are swirling" with the Colts willing to give up a high pick for a "serious vet/starter."
It's unlikely the Jaguars would trade Maurice Jones-Drew within the division, but unsigned restricted free agent Mike Wallace makes a lot of sense with Austin Collie's (concussion) status up in the air and former Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians now calling the plays in Indy. Irsay concedes these types of deals "often crumble and don't reach completion," but assures Colts fans that GM Ryan Grigson "isn't afraid to roll the dice" and aggressively improve the roster. "My checkbook stands ready," adds Irsay.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 19:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3145
Donate
den.gif
Imagine Wallace on that turf, wow!

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 21:17 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 492
Donate
ind.gif
We already know he is looking for a Collie replacement, and hopefully someone for Brown:) but I doubt anyone will bite, unless the Price is enough.

Of course he could probably get T.O. or Moss if the money is right LOL... Wonder why they didnt try and grab Chad Johnson 3 months ago when the Pats tried to trade him.

Also wonder why they dont try and sign Plaxico since he is FA, they could easily grab him on a 2 year deal, and he is better than Collie anyways.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 22:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37964
Donate
car.gif
I can't wait for the Jerruh/Irsay open bar at Christmas this year.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 22:58 

Sand$: 48582
Donate
nyj.gif
well, word is they want a cornerback or an offensive lineman

So basically they're just like the other 31 teams.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 23:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12682
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
well, word is they want a cornerback or an offensive lineman

Yeah, but IND had some pretty terrible CBs last season. Not sure if it changed in the offseason.

My best guess would be BAL Cary Williams, since he had no intention of signing long-term with Baltimore. They might as well move on, start Jimmy Smith, and get picks outta Cary. Second guess would be trading with ARI for Toler, or Falcons for Robinson.

Not sure who'd they'd trade with for an OLine guy.

Last edited by jnadke on Thu 08.23.2012, 23:18, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 23:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39398
Donate
pit.gif
Please wallace. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 23:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Don't rule out Percy Harvin. We are not on record as not wanting to trade him.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 23:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
I think we're trading them Tarvaris Jackson and TJack team message board haunters Zanary and crew for 3 1sts.

PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2012, 23:45 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2684
Donate
atl.gif
MJD would make an amazing addition to the Colts. He's a tank, and one that Luck can lean on. You gotta stack the box on Mojo and Luck could have a field day.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham
2 Roster Spots used for Waiver Picks

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 06:52 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1496
Donate
mia.gif
Hi6hLyTe wrote:
MJD would make an amazing addition to the Colts. He's a tank, and one that Luck can lean on. You gotta stack the box on Mojo and Luck could have a field day.

That would guarantee the Jags came in last in their division so even IF MJD were to be traded it won't be to Indy

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 07:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17210
Donate
jax.gif
Hi6hLyTe wrote:

No way would the Jags trade MJD to the Colts unless they are offering an insanely ridiculous deal like a 1st and 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 07:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Markulous wrote:
Hi6hLyTe wrote:

No way would the Jags trade MJD to the Colts unless they are offering an insanely ridiculous deal like a 1st and 2nd round pick.

With his health issues I'd say no. I think its some crazy DE deal or WR. Rb makes no sense since Indy isn't a playoff team. LB would be over payment. OL maybe. DB Maybe but who. What team would let a shut down corner walk.

I am guessing Wallace if not then , Allen, Percy , Hernandez, Welker, D Will maybe. Could be by high pick they are talking a second rounder which opens the gate to a ton of players. I wouldn't be stunned if the vikes fire saled Allen or Percy we have cap issues and our team sucks. Younger cheaper has been Ricks motto. I'd even throw out a long shot on Jennings the pack needs to improve it O line and a high pick would look like a quick fix for a guy they can't resign.

What ever team is trading a stud has to be a really bad footballl team. This late in the game. Then again maybe Irsay fell off the wagon and is high as a kite.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 09:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Markulous wrote:
Hi6hLyTe wrote:

With his health issues I'd say no. I think its some crazy DE deal or WR. Rb makes no sense since Indy isn't a playoff team. LB would be over payment. OL maybe. DB Maybe but who. What team would let a shut down corner walk.

I am guessing Wallace if not then , Allen, Percy , Hernandez, Welker, D Will maybe. Could be by high pick they are talking a second rounder which opens the gate to a ton of players. I wouldn't be stunned if the vikes fire saled Allen or Percy we have cap issues and our team sucks. Younger cheaper has been Ricks motto. I'd even throw out a long shot on Jennings the pack needs to improve it O line and a high pick would look like a quick fix for a guy they can't resign.

What ever team is trading a stud has to be a really bad footballl team. This late in the game. Then again maybe Irsay fell off the wagon and is high as a kite.

Problem with that is they run a 3-4, and they're already intent on ruining Mathis and Freeney by asking them to switch positions late in their careers from DE to OLB.

Plus Jerry Hughes (former 1st round pick) has looked really good at OLB. Pass rushing isn't an issue. Pretty much everything else is.

Also Irsay is an idiot. Only he could cut a 35 year old QB with a huge contract coming off of a major injury that held him out an entire year, draft the best QB prospect in decades and set the team up for decades of success...and look really, really bad doing it.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 09:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13445
Donate
chi.gif
[quote="Hoosier"[/quote]
Also wonder why they dont try and sign Plaxico since he is FA, they could easily grab him on a 2 year deal, and he is better than Collie anyways. [/quote]

Wait what?