FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.01.2014, 07:38

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Steve Smith on Crutches
PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 18:05 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1454
Donate
mia.gif
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2386/steve-smith

Staph infection... ugly.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 20:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
unless your season includes preseason i wouldn't worry.

just gives the coaching staff a chance to see which WRs step up.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 20:31 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1454
Donate
mia.gif
I'd normally agree but when a coach says if this was regular season he'd be OUT. NFL I've never seen someone go from OUT to go in one week.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 20:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35310
Donate
mia.gif
bd destroyers wrote:
I'd normally agree but when a coach says if this was regular season he'd be OUT. NFL I've never seen someone go from OUT to go in one week.

Really? Happens with illness all the time. A staph infection isn't that big of a deal unless it's not treated.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 22:54 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 18768
Donate
nyg.gif
Elmagister wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

Really? Happens with illness all the time. A staph infection isn't that big of a deal unless it's not treated.

Disagree. Have witnessed it with a guy in highschool on the football team. Depending on how serious this is could cause surgery, not heal, get infected again, etc. His got infected twice requiring surgery both times and lost a lot of muscle around the thigh/knee area.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 23:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21891
Donate
cle.gif
Not good if a staph. It takes months to clear and more to get your body back. It's ruined NFL careers.

Bummer to me since I drafted him once for the first time ever.

(4-5) College
(3-9) FSNFL

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 23:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35310
Donate
mia.gif
ny10giants wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

Disagree. Have witnessed it with a guy in highschool on the football team. Depending on how serious this is could cause surgery, not heal, get infected again, etc. His got infected twice requiring surgery both times and lost a lot of muscle around the thigh/knee area.

People die from the flu. Most people get over it though.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 23:09 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 260
Donate
Elmagister wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

Yeah some antibiotics and its gone in a few days 4-5

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 23:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21080
Donate
sd.gif
ny10giants wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

Nah, Elma's right. He'll be fine, he's only using crutches to avoid walking on a sore foot. Staph infections are whatever, I've had 2 due to sports related abrasions and they were no biggie at all.

As long as you use antibiotics appropriately, it shouldn't get complicated.

PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2012, 23:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36790
Donate
car.gif
bd destroyers wrote:

Regular season starts next weekend? Someone might need to let them know that. :lol:

It's only been called an 'infection' by folks around here so I don't put a lot of stock in ESPN. They've already commented that it's responded to antibiotics.

HWBF

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 08.25.2012, 02:44 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1552
Donate
ind.gif
ny10giants wrote:

I think the doctors are just a little bit better at the pro level, than the family physician down the street. He will be fine.

PostPosted: Sat 08.25.2012, 09:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Elmagister wrote:
ny10giants wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

People die from the flu. Most people get over it though.
yep.

this is a great opportunity to get him for cheap, though. just make people hit the panic button by making incredibly rare worst case scenarios more likely.

PostPosted: Sat 08.25.2012, 09:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
pwbowen wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

Regular season starts next weekend? Someone might need to let them know that. :lol:

It's only been called an 'infection' by folks around here so I don't put a lot of stock in ESPN. They've already commented that it's responded to antibiotics.

HWBF
yep. only one saying anything about a staph infection is mort/ESPN.

PostPosted: Sat 08.25.2012, 17:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21891
Donate
cle.gif
raynman wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
bd destroyers wrote:

HWBF
yep. only one saying anything about a staph infection is mort/ESPN.

Glad to heart that. ESPN is pretty much a bag of over hyped hot smelly wind.

(4-5) College
(3-9) FSNFL

PostPosted: Sat 08.25.2012, 17:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
smitty's foot is getting better and i've heard that it's just a little swollen.

main reason he won't be playing this week is that he hasn't been practicing and been a part of the game planning this week. if this was a regular season game i would expect him to be out on the field this week, but being preseason there's no reason, esp. since they want to see how the WRs look and the WR3 job is still up for grabs.
Quote:
Smith missed practice for a second consecutive day Thursday, although coach Ron Rivera said Smith’s foot had improved following a round of antibiotics.

Rivera said the Panthers will decide Friday whether Smith will play in Sunday’s exhibition against the New York Jets. But Rivera indicated the teams plans to be cautious.

“Putting him out there right now in this situation and circumstances would not be smart, especially if he doesn’t get any practice reps in terms of what we do,” Rivera said. “This is really a game-plan week. We’re approaching this week as if we would any regular-season game. … To put a guy out there when he hasn’t had a chance to get those reps would be careless.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/0 ... rylink=cpy