Twitter for player status updates

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,518.00
Now that the season is almost upon us, I was wondering if the tank had any thoughts as to who to follow on twitter for player updates - mainly injuries - during the season.

I looked at the NFL twitter page but it has too much extraneous stuff.

I was thinking of following one of the sportswriters, like Jason LaCanfora or something.

This is my first year with twitter, and was wondering if anyone else could provide some help.

Did a quick search but nothing popped up, mostly twitter urls.

Thanks!
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,040.00
Don't know if you want to use an app. But I use PFW Fantasy (Pro Football Weekly). It has latest news and tweets from (Experts/NFL PLayers/Other), and other stuff.

"... if you really want to try and out fox Shanahan you have to match crazy with crazy. Similar to how a negative times a negative makes a positive, crazy times crazy may make sanity..." - T. Holmes '12 Week 1 Prog
Sand$: 744.15
LaCanfora and Glazer are my favorite national guys

But I like to load up my twitter with my players beat writers

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=286214&hilit=Twitter
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,681.00
Twiter is a double edged sword. You will get the information first, but about 1/3 of it will just be wrong.

QB: Brees
WR:Cruz, Decker, Shorts, Hartline, Allen
RB: Charles, MJD, McFadden, Hillis, Jennings
TE: Jordan

1 20 passing
1 10 rushing/receiving
1 PPR, 12 man league.
All TDs 6 Points.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,956.04
endzoneview wrote:LaCanfora and Glazer are my favorite national guys

But I like to load up my twitter with my players beat writers

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=286214&hilit=Twitter

This sumna bich knows what up.
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,687.24
bradburyesqu wrote:Twiter is a double edged sword. You will get the information first, but about 1/3 of it will just be wrong.

100% agree. People like LaCanfora care more about being first than being right.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,044.00
National guys are less important to me than the local beat writers; guys like John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) for the Texans, Kent Somers (@kentsomers) for the Cardinals, Bedard for the Patriots, Matt Maiocco ‏(@MaioccoCSN) for the 49ers, Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) for the Phins, Sal Maiorana (@salmaiorana) for the Bills, Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) for the Vikes, Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) for the Jets, Kevin Acee (@UTKevinAcee) for the Bolts, etc. ect. Some sites have published their own lists of beat writers for you to pick and choose from, notably Rotoworld and the Fake Football. I'm constantly adding and weeding my list for guys (and gals) who tweet relevant stuff (an add-on like TweetDeck is good for organizing, say, beat writers from national reporters from fantasy writers from statistics guys)

Now, you might ask, why would I need to follow teams that don't even represent players I don't even own or want to own?

One very relevant anecdote: last season, the severity of Fred Jackson's leg injury only became known mid-week, after waivers had cleared. Since I got Sal Maiorana's tweet before my leaguemates, I was able to scoop up CJ Spiller immediately. That move helped drive me to the championship.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,353.56
gballs1 wrote:
bradburyesqu wrote:Twiter is a double edged sword. You will get the information first, but about 1/3 of it will just be wrong.

100% agree. People like LaCanfora care more about being first than being right.

But Glazer is very accurate.