FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 05.28.2015, 05:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 02:23 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined Wed Sep 22, 2010
Sand$ 3,388.00
Posts 1488
Location New Orleans, LA
no.gif
6 pt PA TD, 1 PT/25 YD PA, +2 PT BONUS if over 300+ yds
6 pt RU TD, 1 PT/10 YD RU, +2 PT BONUS if over 100+ yds
6 pt RE TD, 1 PT/10 YD RE, +2 PT BONUS if over 100+ yds

12 man snake draft BIG Money League!!! \:D/

Just got Rodgers in the 1st round with the 7th pick!

Please realize Brees was the leading scorer in our league last year and we are Saints homers; but this is how the #1 QB fell to me at number 7...

Foster, Brees, Brady, Rice, C Johnson, Mccoy, Rodgers:

Let me know how I did, please

1. Rodgers
2. D Murray
3. T Richardson
4. H Nicks
5. A Bradshaw
6. J Maclin
7. K Britt
8. DHB
9. S Rice
10. Celek
11. K Rudoloh
12. Patriots
13. Cinci
14. Bailey
15. Suisham

_________________
J Cutler, R Wilson
M Ball, A Ellington, CJ Spiller
C Johnson, V Jackson, T Smith, M Wallace, R Randle
C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 04:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Wed Oct 21, 2009
Sand$ 8,209.00
Posts 2212
Location Delaware
den.gif
You've been here 2 years, you know this doesn't go in the main tank. Try over here.....
viewforum.php?f=36

_________________
Shark Assassins League 2012 Champion


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 05:27 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$ 11,927.12
Posts 8508
Location Hangin' with A-Rod at Lambeau
gb.gif
lsumc131 wrote:
6 pt PA TD, 1 PT/25 YD PA, +2 PT BONUS if over 300+ yds
6 pt RU TD, 1 PT/10 YD RU, +2 PT BONUS if over 100+ yds
6 pt RE TD, 1 PT/10 YD RE, +2 PT BONUS if over 100+ yds

12 man snake draft BIG Money League!!! \:D/

Just got Rodgers in the 1st round with the 7th pick!

Please realize Brees was the leading scorer in our league last year and we are Saints homers; but this is how the #1 QB fell to me at number 7...

Foster, Brees, Brady, Rice, C Johnson, Mccoy, Rodgers:

Let me know how I did, please

1. Rodgers
2. D Murray
3. T Richardson
4. H Nicks
5. A Bradshaw
6. J Maclin
7. K Britt
8. DHB
9. S Rice
10. Celek
11. K Rudoloh
12. Patriots
13. Cinci
14. Bailey
15. Suisham


With 6 pt TDs across the board, I can't believe that Rodgers was still available at the 7 hole...you struck gold. As for the rest of your team, You have some injury concerns near the top with T-Rich and Nicks. Unless you're required to carry two each at TE/K/DST, be prepared to drop one or more of them for some bench help. If you aren't required, I can't understand why you'd pick two of each. I'd rather load up on WRs and RBs.

_________________
This is my clever signature


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 07:08 
Offline
Tiger Shark

Joined Mon Sep 27, 2010
Sand$ 528.00
Posts 249
Rodgers went #1 in 3 leagues I am in where TDs are 6pts. If I were you, I would be buying beers for the previous 6 pickers. :Drink)

_________________
"The rose goes in the front, big guy." ~~ Crash Davis in Bull Durham


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 09:12 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined Sun Jun 14, 2009
Sand$ 1,636.08
Posts 644
Location U.P. Michigan
gb.gif
I would bet Brees wasn't the top per game qb in your league. Brees being top scorer is what I tell people when I'm trying to get them to pass on Rodgers. Even though I won't ever draft him that high.

_________________
K/DEF challenge 2011 & 2012 champion


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 09:28 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Aug 23, 2007
Sand$ 11,485.20
Posts 6885
Location Tampa, FL
tb.gif
I came in here to say that there is no way you would get him there. Congrats...

The rest of your team.... :F

_________________
Extreme Sharks Baseball 2009 and 2010 Champion

Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Also, if any woman complains about the size of your package, there's one sure way to make her think it's too big....put it in the metered mail slot.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 10:30 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined Tue Nov 2, 2010
Sand$ 562.00
Posts 430
:F

way to blow a giftwrapped start to a draft

like another said, you're gonna need some empty roster spots...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 10:39 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Fri Nov 26, 2004
Sand$ 7,240.22
Posts 15487
Location Golfing
nyg.gif
buoy wrote:
:F

way to blow a giftwrapped start to a draft


who's he supposed to take with those 1st six picks off the board? CJ1K? DMC? Rodgers at 1.07 is a no-brainer in 6ptPassTD leagues...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 10:49 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Aug 23, 2007
Sand$ 11,485.20
Posts 6885
Location Tampa, FL
tb.gif
JayP37 wrote:
buoy wrote:
:F

way to blow a giftwrapped start to a draft


who's he supposed to take with those 1st six picks off the board? CJ1K? DMC? Rodgers at 1.07 is a no-brainer in 6ptPassTD leagues...


I agree. Just seems like the rest of the team is... :-k

_________________
Extreme Sharks Baseball 2009 and 2010 Champion

Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Also, if any woman complains about the size of your package, there's one sure way to make her think it's too big....put it in the metered mail slot.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 11:13 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined Tue Oct 21, 2003
Sand$ 4,256.10
Posts 27214
Location Austin, TX
hou.gif
trippwwf wrote:
JayP37 wrote:
buoy wrote:
:F

way to blow a giftwrapped start to a draft


who's he supposed to take with those 1st six picks off the board? CJ1K? DMC? Rodgers at 1.07 is a no-brainer in 6ptPassTD leagues...


I agree. Just seems like the rest of the team is... :-k



I actually don't think his RB's are bad IF Richardson does an Adrian Peterson rookie campaign...of course, Peterson was the last time a rookie RB went into beast mode, so we'll see. I think Murray and Bradshaw are going to be solid for him. At WR, Nicks is always in injury risk but performs pretty well when he's not injured...I don't like the Britt pick...he's such a loose-cannon and always an eff-up away from suspension. The team has promise but will need some help from the anti-injury gods to keep in contention.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rodgers w 7th pick?
PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 11:28 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined Wed Sep 22, 2010
Sand$ 3,388.00
Posts 1488
Location New Orleans, LA
no.gif
darksideofoz wrote:
I would bet Brees wasn't the top per game qb in your league. Brees being top scorer is what I tell people when I'm trying to get them to pass on Rodgers. Even though I won't ever draft him that high.


Sorry this is a total points league. no head to head every week. and we must carry that many roster spots

_________________
J Cutler, R Wilson
M Ball, A Ellington, CJ Spiller
C Johnson, V Jackson, T Smith, M Wallace, R Randle
C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group