User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 6,288.48
I saw this right after I drafted him, as my RB3:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain. Stewart has exactly two weeks until Week 1. If he were to miss time, DeAngelo Williams would get a massive bump in value. :F
Leopard Shark
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011
Sand$: 374.00
I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
Shelled wrote:I saw this right after I drafted him, as my RB3:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain. Stewart has exactly two weeks until Week 1. If he were to miss time, DeAngelo Williams would get a massive bump in value. :F


Tolbert + Cam are still gonna combine to own the goal line, but DeAngelo's touches should increase... I don't see the bump being quite as massive as it would have been in years past though, Tolbert's proven he can handle a significant load
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 6,288.48
I am glad the x-rays were negative and that he has a couple of weeks until the first game.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2011
Sand$: 2,521.66
TheChamp wrote:
Shelled wrote:I saw this right after I drafted him, as my RB3:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain. Stewart has exactly two weeks until Week 1. If he were to miss time, DeAngelo Williams would get a massive bump in value. :F


Tolbert + Cam are still gonna combine to own the goal line, but DeAngelo's touches should increase... I don't see the bump being quite as massive as it would have been in years past though, Tolbert's proven he can handle a significant load

This.....exactly.
_______________________________________

Bottom-Dweller League 34 10-3 Lost in Finals
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB L Bell, L Murray, Gio, Denard
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Vjax
TE Julius, Fleener
K Barth
DEF Rams

Griffmo wrote:the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,506.00
i wouldn't be concerned. he might miss the first game...but i wouldn't expect more than that but i doubt he even misses one.

fwiw, d-will said on facebook last night that stewart was fine.

i'm not worried.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1014
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011
Sand$: 2,443.58
I think it's incorrect to assume that they would pull Tolbert from FB and start giving him carries. Hes the fullback and will continue to be. The first play after Stewart got hurt, DWill got a goal line carry from the 3. He didn't get in but very likely that was a Stewart carry if he hadn't gotten hurt. A prolonged injury to Stewart is obviously a massive bump for DWill, who is a talented back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his career. If he gets an extra 5 carries a game, which is a low estimate, that's 2.5 more points and 5 more touchdown chances - on the low end. I think a better assumption is that Cam comes nowhere near 14 rushing TDs again and those TDs go to rbs. With Stewart out, DWill will get most of them. They didn't pickup Tolbert for him to be a backup HB. Hes the fullback. How many carries does be have again this preseason? 4?
Last edited by Yermomza on Mon 08.27.2012, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

12-team standard league
Team name: Victoria's Secret [7-6, 3-0 in playoffs, 1st place, thanks Kirk]
QB Cousins, Peyton
RB Gurley, Artis-Payne, Hill, Gillislee, Joique
WR Julio, Evans, Maclin, Floyd, Hilton
TE Reed
DEF Chiefs
K Boswell
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 15,746.70
SameSongNDance wrote:I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.


One of my 12-team PPR competitors picked Gronk at 21 with Charles and SJax still on the board.

Then he made JStew his second RB in the 6th!

Then he picked DeAngelo in the 7th!

Because any time you can lock up 2/4 (Cam, Tolbert) of a RBBC with two of your top seven picks, you just have to do it.

Meanwhile, I picked Reggie Bush and David Wilson in the 6th and 7th despite already having Forte and DeMarco on my roster.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
Great White Shark
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 41,135.50
That ankle twist looked nasty in slo-mo.

I'm not a doctor, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him miss a game or two.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 15,746.70
Shelled wrote:I saw this right after I drafted him, as my RB3:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain.


Crutches suggest taking cautionary measures, nothing more.

Steve Smith was on crutches for a foot infection.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44635
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,556.52
Yermomza wrote:I think it's incorrect to assume that they would pull Tolbert from FB and start giving him carries. Hes the fullback and will continue to be. The first play after Stewart got hurt, DWill got a goal line carry from the 3. He didn't get in but very likely that was a Stewart carry if he hadn't gotten hurt. A prolonged injury to Stewart is obviously a massive bump for DWill, who is a talented back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his career. If he gets an extra 5 carries a game, which is a low estimate, that's 2.5 more points and 5 more touchdown chances - on the low end. I think a better assumption is that Cam comes nowhere near 14 rushing TDs again and those TDs go to rbs. With Stewart out, DWill will get most of them. They didn't pickup Tolbert for him to be a backup HB. Hes the fullback. How many carries does be have again this preseason? 4?


Sorry, but your Tolbert assumptions are pretty off IMO. He's shown that he's not just a FB in the league. And the Panthers have been using him at a variety of spots in the off-season. He'll get some of Stewart's carries if he's out but I don't think he'll be out long anyway.

How many games have we seen of Stewart playing after being on the injury report that week. Dude is tough and has been playing through pain since about 3rd grade.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 15,746.70
pwbowen wrote:
Yermomza wrote:I think it's incorrect to assume that they would pull Tolbert from FB and start giving him carries. Hes the fullback and will continue to be. The first play after Stewart got hurt, DWill got a goal line carry from the 3. He didn't get in but very likely that was a Stewart carry if he hadn't gotten hurt. A prolonged injury to Stewart is obviously a massive bump for DWill, who is a talented back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his career. If he gets an extra 5 carries a game, which is a low estimate, that's 2.5 more points and 5 more touchdown chances - on the low end. I think a better assumption is that Cam comes nowhere near 14 rushing TDs again and those TDs go to rbs. With Stewart out, DWill will get most of them. They didn't pickup Tolbert for him to be a backup HB. Hes the fullback. How many carries does be have again this preseason? 4?


Sorry, but your Tolbert assumptions are pretty off IMO. He's shown that he's not just a FB in the league. And the Panthers have been using him at a variety of spots in the off-season. He'll get some of Stewart's carries if he's out but I don't think he'll be out long anyway.

How many games have we seen of Stewart playing after being on the injury report that week. Dude is tough and has been playing through pain since about 3rd grade.


Absolutely. Tolbert has tailback skills in a fullback's body.

Just another reason all the Carolina backs were off my radar this year.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
Leopard Shark
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011
Sand$: 374.00
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.


One of my 12-team PPR competitors picked Gronk at 21 with Charles and SJax still on the board.

Then he made JStew his second RB in the 6th!

Then he picked DeAngelo in the 7th!

Because any time you can lock up 2/4 (Cam, Tolbert) of a RBBC with two of your top seven picks, you just have to do it.

Meanwhile, I picked Reggie Bush and David Wilson in the 6th and 7th despite already having Forte and DeMarco on my roster.


Haha, in every league I'm in from my most competitive to least, people continue to do things that surprise me. I constantly see teams with more WRs than RBs, back-up QBs for players not named Vick and kickers rostered in the preseason. I drafted a team three weeks ago and was taking a look at the kickers. The top 10 kickers were essentially rostered in 99% of all leagues. 99%! I can't be one of only 1% who knows you're supposed to wait until the start of the regular season to pick up a kicker.

@pwbowen I believe the statistic is Jstew has played in 62 our 64 possible games in his career. He plays through injuries, that's for sure.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21037
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006
Sand$: 11,776.78
He's a 1%er, get'em boys!!!
_______________________________________

Image

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44635
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,556.52
SameSongNDance wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.


One of my 12-team PPR competitors picked Gronk at 21 with Charles and SJax still on the board.

Then he made JStew his second RB in the 6th!

Then he picked DeAngelo in the 7th!

Because any time you can lock up 2/4 (Cam, Tolbert) of a RBBC with two of your top seven picks, you just have to do it.

Meanwhile, I picked Reggie Bush and David Wilson in the 6th and 7th despite already having Forte and DeMarco on my roster.


Haha, in every league I'm in from my most competitive to least, people continue to do things that surprise me. I constantly see teams with more WRs than RBs, back-up QBs for players not named Vick and kickers rostered in the preseason. I drafted a team three weeks ago and was taking a look at the kickers. The top 10 kickers were essentially rostered in 99% of all leagues. 99%! I can't be one of only 1% who knows you're supposed to wait until the start of the regular season to pick up a kicker.

@pwbowen I believe the statistic is Jstew has played in 62 our 64 possible games in his career. He plays through injuries, that's for sure.


Some leagues don't do FA before the season starts and some people believe that not drafting enough to have a valid starting lineup is bush league.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest