FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 04:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 23:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6088
Donate
stl.gif
I saw this right after I drafted him, as my RB3:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain. Stewart has exactly two weeks until Week 1. If he were to miss time, DeAngelo Williams would get a massive bump in value. :F

PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 23:05 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.

PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 23:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Shelled wrote:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain. Stewart has exactly two weeks until Week 1. If he were to miss time, DeAngelo Williams would get a massive bump in value. :F

Tolbert + Cam are still gonna combine to own the goal line, but DeAngelo's touches should increase... I don't see the bump being quite as massive as it would have been in years past though, Tolbert's proven he can handle a significant load

PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 23:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6088
Donate
stl.gif
I am glad the x-rays were negative and that he has a couple of weeks until the first game.

PostPosted: Sun 08.26.2012, 23:41 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1848
Donate
phi.gif
TheChamp wrote:
Shelled wrote:

Tolbert + Cam are still gonna combine to own the goal line, but DeAngelo's touches should increase... I don't see the bump being quite as massive as it would have been in years past though, Tolbert's proven he can handle a significant load

This.....exactly.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
i wouldn't be concerned. he might miss the first game...but i wouldn't expect more than that but i doubt he even misses one.

fwiw, d-will said on facebook last night that stewart was fine.

i'm not worried.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:39 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1554
Donate
I think it's incorrect to assume that they would pull Tolbert from FB and start giving him carries. Hes the fullback and will continue to be. The first play after Stewart got hurt, DWill got a goal line carry from the 3. He didn't get in but very likely that was a Stewart carry if he hadn't gotten hurt. A prolonged injury to Stewart is obviously a massive bump for DWill, who is a talented back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his career. If he gets an extra 5 carries a game, which is a low estimate, that's 2.5 more points and 5 more touchdown chances - on the low end. I think a better assumption is that Cam comes nowhere near 14 rushing TDs again and those TDs go to rbs. With Stewart out, DWill will get most of them. They didn't pickup Tolbert for him to be a backup HB. Hes the fullback. How many carries does be have again this preseason? 4?

RB
WR
TE
DEF
K

Last edited by Yermomza on Mon 08.27.2012, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13225
Donate
SameSongNDance wrote:
I bet CAR is glad they paid him all that money with him not being able to make it through the preseason and all. For the record, he's also my RB3 in my PPR league. I'm pretty bummed about it. Good thing I have 6 RBs on my bench.

One of my 12-team PPR competitors picked Gronk at 21 with Charles and SJax still on the board.

Then he made JStew his second RB in the 6th!

Then he picked DeAngelo in the 7th!

Because any time you can lock up 2/4 (Cam, Tolbert) of a RBBC with two of your top seven picks, you just have to do it.

Meanwhile, I picked Reggie Bush and David Wilson in the 6th and 7th despite already having Forte and DeMarco on my roster.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7661
Donate
jax.gif
That ankle twist looked nasty in slo-mo.

I'm not a doctor, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him miss a game or two.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Shelled wrote:

The Panthers are calling Stewart's injury a sprain after X-rays came back negative. There's no word on the severity, but the crutches suggest that this is more than your garden-variety Grade 1 sprain.

Crutches suggest taking cautionary measures, nothing more.

Steve Smith was on crutches for a foot infection.

Cutler, Ben
Martellus, Wright
CIN

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32684
Donate
car.gif
Yermomza wrote:
I think it's incorrect to assume that they would pull Tolbert from FB and start giving him carries. Hes the fullback and will continue to be. The first play after Stewart got hurt, DWill got a goal line carry from the 3. He didn't get in but very likely that was a Stewart carry if he hadn't gotten hurt. A prolonged injury to Stewart is obviously a massive bump for DWill, who is a talented back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his career. If he gets an extra 5 carries a game, which is a low estimate, that's 2.5 more points and 5 more touchdown chances - on the low end. I think a better assumption is that Cam comes nowhere near 14 rushing TDs again and those TDs go to rbs. With Stewart out, DWill will get most of them. They didn't pickup Tolbert for him to be a backup HB. Hes the fullback. How many carries does be have again this preseason? 4?

Sorry, but your Tolbert assumptions are pretty off IMO. He's shown that he's not just a FB in the league. And the Panthers have been using him at a variety of spots in the off-season. He'll get some of Stewart's carries if he's out but I don't think he'll be out long anyway.

How many games have we seen of Stewart playing after being on the injury report that week. Dude is tough and has been playing through pain since about 3rd grade.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 11:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Yermomza wrote:

Sorry, but your Tolbert assumptions are pretty off IMO. He's shown that he's not just a FB in the league. And the Panthers have been using him at a variety of spots in the off-season. He'll get some of Stewart's carries if he's out but I don't think he'll be out long anyway.

How many games have we seen of Stewart playing after being on the injury report that week. Dude is tough and has been playing through pain since about 3rd grade.

Absolutely. Tolbert has tailback skills in a fullback's body.

Just another reason all the Carolina backs were off my radar this year.

Cutler, Ben
Martellus, Wright
CIN

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 12:11 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

One of my 12-team PPR competitors picked Gronk at 21 with Charles and SJax still on the board.

Because any time you can lock up 2/4 (Cam, Tolbert) of a RBBC with two of your top seven picks, you just have to do it.

Meanwhile, I picked Reggie Bush and David Wilson in the 6th and 7th despite already having Forte and DeMarco on my roster.

Haha, in every league I'm in from my most competitive to least, people continue to do things that surprise me. I constantly see teams with more WRs than RBs, back-up QBs for players not named Vick and kickers rostered in the preseason. I drafted a team three weeks ago and was taking a look at the kickers. The top 10 kickers were essentially rostered in 99% of all leagues. 99%! I can't be one of only 1% who knows you're supposed to wait until the start of the regular season to pick up a kicker.

@pwbowen I believe the statistic is Jstew has played in 62 our 64 possible games in his career. He plays through injuries, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 12:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9083
Donate
pit.gif
He's a 1%er, get'em boys!!!

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 13:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32684
Donate
car.gif
SameSongNDance wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

Haha, in every league I'm in from my most competitive to least, people continue to do things that surprise me. I constantly see teams with more WRs than RBs, back-up QBs for players not named Vick and kickers rostered in the preseason. I drafted a team three weeks ago and was taking a look at the kickers. The top 10 kickers were essentially rostered in 99% of all leagues. 99%! I can't be one of only 1% who knows you're supposed to wait until the start of the regular season to pick up a kicker.

@pwbowen I believe the statistic is Jstew has played in 62 our 64 possible games in his career. He plays through injuries, that's for sure.

Some leagues don't do FA before the season starts and some people believe that not drafting enough to have a valid starting lineup is bush league.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.