FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.22.2014, 21:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 00:29 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3350
Donate
no.gif
In 1 12 team draft I did last night and 1 10 team draft I did today, Santana Moss went undrafted!

He 46 receptions last year with 4 TDs for almost 600 yds.

He also had 100 targtes. All of this with no QB. I know he is getting older; but why in the world is he NOT getting drafted?

I am not saying draft him to play him; but for a 5th WR he seems like a value that could obviously wait until the final round...

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 04:54 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
He's sitting on both my 12-team, PPR WWs as I type this. I think him being on WWs is a testament to just how deep the position is. With so many high upside options in the later rounds there's almost no reason to roster a WR with minimal upside such as himself, even if he could be a "solid" WR4. You're much better off rostering a RB with equivalent value.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 07:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14505
Donate
SameSongNDance wrote:
He's sitting on both my 12-team, PPR WWs as I type this. I think him being on WWs is a testament to just how deep the position is. With so many high upside options in the later rounds there's almost no reason to roster a WR with minimal upside such as himself, even if he could be a "solid" WR4. You're much better off rostering a RB with equivalent value.

I agree. I ended up with 9 RBs on my 20-man roster. Can never have too many.

Santana went 10th round in my 12-team PPR. Way too early.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 09:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37694
Donate
chi.gif
He's going undrafted because he's boring, and the vast majority of FF players have incredibly short memories.

When an aging veteran has a down year, he's washed up and can be ignored forever after, but poor seasons from young players are generally overlooked and forgiven.

People love to feel like they outsmarted everyone by "discovering" young breakout guys. It's more fun to find this year's Antonio Brown than this year's Steve Smith.

Moss is a good late round pickup who is capable of posting good WR2 stats this season.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 09:44 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1500
Donate
dal.gif
lsumc131 wrote:
In 1 12 team draft I did last night and 1 10 team draft I did today, Santana Moss went undrafted!

He 46 receptions last year with 4 TDs for almost 600 yds.

He also had 100 targtes. All of this with no QB. I know he is getting older; but why in the world is he NOT getting drafted?

I am not saying draft him to play him; but for a 5th WR he seems like a value that could obviously wait until the final round...

He lasted till the 15th/final round in my 14 team league, and the guy who picked him, didnt even really want him...

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 09:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14505
Donate
hard 10 wrote:
He's going undrafted because he's boring, and the vast majority of FF players have incredibly short memories.

When an aging veteran has a down year, he's washed up and can be ignored forever after, but poor seasons from young players are generally overlooked and forgiven.

People love to feel like they outsmarted everyone by "discovering" young breakout guys. It's more fun to find this year's Antonio Brown than this year's Steve Smith.

Moss is a good late round pickup who is capable of posting good WR2 stats this season.

I mostly agree with this. I had him on my target list as a late-round option. But 10th round? Nah.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 09:54 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 558
Donate
do not want.

he used to be one of my favorite receivers, but his speed can't make up for his size anymore (it seems).

RGIII staring him down won't help me.

i'd take garcon in ppr for the targets as a WR3, but no other redskins are draftable to me.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18025
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
I call shananigans.

Shannys progression for RG thought process.
1. Is Garcon open.
2. Where Fred Davis
3. Who ever lines up accross for Garcon is he open.
4. Shannys flavor of the week RB. Did he sneak open.
5. Run rookie Run.
6. Santana Moss sure look bored on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 10:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9418
Donate
dal.gif
hard 10 wrote:

This is well said and I'm guilty as charged. It seems every season, including this one, I go after young talent that "may be" good this year rather than a proven older WR who has proven he can get it done in this league.

TE- Whitten, L.Green
K- Hauschika, Novak
D- SD,Cincy

Disclaimer-We have to carry 2 (TE) 2 (K) and 2 (D) on our roster at all time

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 11:25 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1084
Donate
He went undrafted in 4 of my 5 leagues (ppr that start 1RB, 3WRs, 1RBWRflex, and has 18 players on each team, which tends to result in WR heavy rosters).

From what I've seen he seems locked into slot duty, and the question then is how often Wasington will be using 3-wide sets, and I don't know the answer to that.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 12:30 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 16052
Donate
nyg.gif
md2002 wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

This is well said and I'm guilty as charged. It seems every season, including this one, I go after young talent that "may be" good this year rather than a proven older WR who has proven he can get it done in this league.

I was thinking the same thing as he sat there late in the draft until i realized he's not even listed as a top 2 receiver on his team...Looks like he's stuck in the slot and I don't see nearly enough targets coming.

I'm fine looking for a comeback from guys- but Smith has always been WR1 on that team. This years "Steve Smith Comeback Award" candidate...Braylon Edwards (has had a good preseason and a new, young gunslinger in town- yeah he's the WR2 but he put up 904 and 7 in the Jets O across from Holmes...think he has a decent shot at 900-1000 and 6-8 tds imo)

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 13:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
TD Celebration wrote:
md2002 wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing as he sat there late in the draft until i realized he's not even listed as a top 2 receiver on his team...Looks like he's stuck in the slot and I don't see nearly enough targets coming.

I'm fine looking for a comeback from guys- but Smith has always been WR1 on that team. This years "Steve Smith Comeback Award" candidate...Braylon Edwards (has had a good preseason and a new, young gunslinger in town- yeah he's the WR2 but he put up 904 and 7 in the Jets O across from Holmes...think he has a decent shot at 900-1000 and 6-8 tds imo)

I will take the young hyped guy who had Curtis Fuggen Painter as his QB and went 2011 70 947 13.5 87 6 then the old guy who got 2011 46 584 12.7 49 4 with Rex Grossman but thats me.....Curtis Fuggen Painter.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 13:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27908
Donate
chi.gif
hard 10 wrote:

I agree, but I can see the other side, too.

Yes, many people would rather draft, say, Lestar Jean to appear like they know something you don't, than an old reliable - and by old reliable, I mean he's old and he'll put up WR3 numbers - like Moss.

But as reliable (I think) as Moss is, let's face it, the upside is pretty limited. With Lestar Jean - well, he's got the physical tools of Superman, and the Texans are dying to find a WR2 opposite AJ. I mean, their WR2 is Kevin Walter, any questions? So there's a lot of upside potential to be had there at a very cheap price.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fn' muscle.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 14:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
gballs1 wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

Yes, many people would rather draft, say, Lestar Jean to appear like they know something you don't, than an old reliable - and by old reliable, I mean he's old and he'll put up WR3 numbers - like Moss.

But as reliable (I think) as Moss is, let's face it, the upside is pretty limited. With Lestar Jean - well, he's got the physical tools of Superman, and the Texans are dying to find a WR2 opposite AJ. I mean, their WR2 is Kevin Walter, any questions? So there's a lot of upside potential to be had there at a very cheap price.

also WR2's with rookie QBs might be worth 700 and 2 TDs. Who the hell wants to start that on your FF team. By week injury to your back up back ups poke and a prayer.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 18:43 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3350
Donate
no.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
gballs1 wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

also WR2's with rookie QBs might be worth 700 and 2 TDs. Who the hell wants to start that on your FF team. By week injury to your back up back ups poke and a prayer.

I disagree, Although I did not draft him, I went with DHB as my fifth overall WR, I still think he will fit in great as a slot WR, capable of getting many red zone targets.

I also think his QB is allot better this year and can move around the pocket and make things happen.

Again, I did not draft him; but seeing him on the ww in both of my leagues right now IS surprising. And I would only be looking at him as a bye week fill in or depth should one of my other WRs get hurt.

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti