FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 02:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:23 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2056
Donate
The Jets look terrible on offense. Their first 5 games:

vs BUF
@ PIT
@ MIA
vs SF
vs HOU

That looks like 2-3 at best to me, maybe 1-4. If the Jets start 1-4, what are the chances Tebow becomes the starter against Indy (a home game) for week 5?

And if he does start, what will his numbers look like? I think we all realize the Jets will probably suck either way. But is it worth it to stash Tebow and hope this offense continues to struggle? And if they do, what are Tebows numbers likely to be?

100 yds throwing, 80 yards rushing and just 1 touchdown = 18 pts in most leagues. I think those are low end numbers for what he could do as a starter. Is Tebow a viable starter and low end qb1 if he becomes the Jets starter?

RB McCoy, Morris, Richardson, Joique
WR Jordy, Keenan, Crabtree, Gordon, Baldwin
TE Fleener, Donnell
DEF Kansas City
K Bailey

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 170
Donate
dal.gif
The Jets have a offense under Tebow?

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11782
Donate
sf.gif
Third and Long wrote:

The Jets will be offensive under Tebow. I don't know if they'll have an offense.

But to answer the question, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the throw Tebow in sooner than later if the offense struggles (which I think it will).

I think you're probably close on the numbers...150 or so yards passing, 50-70 yards rushing, a touchdown here and there.

I guess there's some value there, but I'm not touching the whole situation.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21080
Donate
sd.gif
mobsters wrote:
Third and Long wrote:

The Jets will be offensive under Tebow. I don't know if they'll have an offense.

But to answer the question, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the throw Tebow in sooner than later if the offense struggles (which I think it will).

I think you're probably close on the numbers...150 or so yards passing, 50-70 yards rushing, a touchdown here and there.

I guess there's some value there, but I'm not touching the whole situation.

Makes for a solid QB2 with those rushing totals

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39024
Donate
pit.gif
I dont see that happening, if it does than jets gm needs to be fired ancd ryan need to be seriously evaluated after this year, because the jets basically put themselves in this corner.

Last edited by rugger48 on Mon 08.27.2012, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 16:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3259
Donate
I think the Jets will have to be worse than 1-4 for Tebow to come in... but that's certainly a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 17:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13922
Donate
atl.gif

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 17:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14801
Donate
Tebow's ascension is inevitable.

And when it happens, he will have fantasy value, just as he did in Denver last year.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 19:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25391
Donate
bal.gif
:pukeright: :pukeleft:

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 19:52 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 516
Donate
nyg.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
Tebow's ascension is inevitable.

And when it happens, he will have fantasy value, just as he did in Denver last year.

QFT.

WR:Brown,Green,Wallace,Floyd,Decker
TE:Olsen,Donnell

10team ppr
QB:Wilson
RB:Foster,McCoy,Jennings,Robinson,Ivory
WR:Green,Hilton,Hopkins,Randle,Floyd
TE:Ertz

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 19:52 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2560
Donate
nyj.gif
I think the Jet's offense will surprise a lot of folks this year. A top ten unit? Probably not. But all they will be asked to do is to keep games close as the defense is going to be top five, if not number one. Unless Tebow magically gets better at throwing the ball, all he will be is a talented RB with decent passing skills. All we have seen is a very basic, stripped down version of the offense.

QB: Ryan, Brady
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Vereen, Ben Tate, Oliver
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Benjamin, Patterson
TE: D.Walker
Def: Chargers
K: Novak

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 20:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26560
Donate
sf.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
I think the Jet's offense will surprise a lot of folks this year. A top ten unit? Probably not. But all they will be asked to do is to keep games close as the defense is going to be top five, if not number one. Unless Tebow magically gets better at throwing the ball, all he will be is a talented RB with decent passing skills. All we have seen is a very basic, stripped down version of the offense.

What do you think about Stephen Hill? I grabbed him with my last pick...he reminds me of a young TO when he couldn't catch anything but had that size and speed to make plays

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 20:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37724
Donate
chi.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:

Unfortunately, the Jets look like a team that has no other choice but to have a basic, stripped down version of an offense.

They've got below average talent at every skill position, and the defense, while good, hasn't been elite in a couple years and is a bit overrated.

At best, this is an 8-8 team this season, though I wouldn't bet on more than 6 from them.

Of course, "All Tebow does is Win!" so....

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 20:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37724
Donate
chi.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

What do you think about Stephen Hill? I grabbed him with my last pick...he reminds me of a young TO when he couldn't catch anything but had that size and speed to make plays

A rookie WR who runs poor routes and has suspect hands playing on a bad passing team is a bad pick, even in the last round, in a redraft league.

PostPosted: Mon 08.27.2012, 20:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8149
Donate
den.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:

I'm sorry, but your post makes absolutely no sense. I get it that it's a homer answer, but come on. Let's break it down. Their offense is going to surprise a lot of people? How? I mean, I know it's preseason, but that offense scored 0 touchdowns. 0. Holmes is their best weapon and he's either hurt or inconsistent. As far as their defense, their ok, but certainly not #1. They may not even break top 5 by the end of the year. Greene is Mr. run 3 yards and fall down. He hasn't become what they wanted him to be. And Tebow is horrible. Absolutely the worst. Decent passing skills? Really? Are you watching his high school tape? Look, not trying to bring you down, but if the jets go 6-10 they should consider that a success.

And I'm glad you are dealing with Tebow this year. Have fun!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next