FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.21.2014, 11:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:19 
Offline
HammerHead Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.06.2005, 12:28
Posts: 953
Sand$: 2602
Donate
Location: At the computer
oak.gif
Per rotoworld


Michael Vick will be wearing a new Kevlar flak jacket Week 1.
For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 29 - 9:20 AM

_________________
12 Team PPR QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Ridley
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Gordon Cooks Boykin
TE Pitta Bennett
DST Broncos Dolphins
K Nugent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:25 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7675
Sand$: 18879
Donate
sd.gif
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld


Michael Vick will be wearing a new Kevlar flak jacket Week 1.
For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 29 - 9:20 AM


Of course the maker of the jacket is gonna guarantee its success :lol:

Also, there's about 1,000 other injuries he can get other than a broken rib, so I'd say his owners still need to hold their breath all season :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:27 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.14.2003, 17:32
Posts: 25442
Sand$: 3267
Donate
Location: High Point NC
dal.gif
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.

_________________
“A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be.”
― Tom Landry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:27 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.20.2002, 17:45
Posts: 1946
Sand$: 1052
Donate
Location: wishing i was fishing
TheChamp wrote:
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld


Michael Vick will be wearing a new Kevlar flak jacket Week 1.
For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 29 - 9:20 AM


Of course the maker of the jacket is gonna guarantee its success :lol:

Also, there's about 1,000 other injuries he can get other than a broken rib, so I'd say his owners still need to hold their breath all season :wink:


Oh sure.. i thought i could rejoice and there you go, bursting my bubble.... Not even a 5 minute party.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:30 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7675
Sand$: 18879
Donate
sd.gif
GeekShark wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld


Michael Vick will be wearing a new Kevlar flak jacket Week 1.
For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 29 - 9:20 AM


Of course the maker of the jacket is gonna guarantee its success :lol:

Also, there's about 1,000 other injuries he can get other than a broken rib, so I'd say his owners still need to hold their breath all season :wink:


Oh sure.. i thought i could rejoice and there you go, bursting my bubble.... Not even a 5 minute party.


Oops, don't worry, this new vest is impermeable to reality and he's good to go for life :thumbright:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:41 
Offline
HammerHead Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.06.2005, 12:28
Posts: 953
Sand$: 2602
Donate
Location: At the computer
oak.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.


No slight at all...

I refuse to draft him on personal morals, but that was a thread from years ago...

_________________
12 Team PPR QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Ridley
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Gordon Cooks Boykin
TE Pitta Bennett
DST Broncos Dolphins
K Nugent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:42 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Mon 09.27.2010, 23:48
Posts: 5664
Sand$: 11278
Donate
gb.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team


He has 2 Top 25 receivers. And a Top 3 RB.

If the price was right, I'd own him. But not where he's at now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:44 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Tue 08.30.2011, 10:52
Posts: 167
Sand$: 342
Donate
Crestonetc wrote:
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.


No slight at all...

I refuse to draft him on personal morals, but that was a thread from years ago...


How many points does your league give for morality? I'd lose for sure...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:45 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 09.29.2007, 14:52
Posts: 1750
Sand$: 32624
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh
pit.gif
Oh good, I'll make sure all my leaguemates know about this so someone can waste an even higher pick on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:47 
Offline
SandShark

Joined: Mon 10.17.2011, 17:43
Posts: 66
Sand$: 148
Donate
jnadke wrote:
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team


He has 2 Top 25 receivers. And a Top 3 RB.

If the price was right, I'd own him. But not where he's at now.


I got him at 5.07 as the 8th QB off the board and couldn't be happier about it.

_________________
12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:05 
Offline
Tiger Shark

Joined: Sat 12.25.2004, 10:38
Posts: 277
Sand$: 859
Donate
I took him at 4.2 drafting from the 11 spot, bc at that point Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Ryan, and Eli were already gone. It is a long way from 4.2 till 5.11 and I was nervous. In hindsight the next 3 QB's Peyton, Shaub, and Romo didn't go until the late 6th. I have Cutler as his backup, so I pray no injuries and am prepared with what should be a serviceable replacement if he goes down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:13 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 11314
Sand$: 23828
Donate
ne.gif
I was one of the idiots who drafted Vick early last year.

This year all offseason I told myself I was going to wait on a QB and take an Eli Manning / Matt Ryan combo. Then the draft came. And by the end of the 3rd round, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Eli Manning and Matt Ryan were ALL gone. So, then I waited a few more rounds and when my turn came at the last pick of the 8th and 1st pick of the 9th I took Romo and Vick. I don't like having Vick as my starting QB, but I think that between Vick and Romo, they should be healthy enough and good enough to use as a pairing and play one when the other is injured.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:24 
Offline
SandShark

Joined: Mon 10.17.2011, 17:43
Posts: 66
Sand$: 148
Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
I was one of the idiots who drafted Vick early last year.

This year all offseason I told myself I was going to wait on a QB and take an Eli Manning / Matt Ryan combo. Then the draft came. And by the end of the 3rd round, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Eli Manning and Matt Ryan were ALL gone. So, then I waited a few more rounds and when my turn came at the last pick of the 8th and 1st pick of the 9th I took Romo and Vick. I don't like having Vick as my starting QB, but I think that between Vick and Romo, they should be healthy enough and good enough to use as a pairing and play one when the other is injured.


Good value there on both of those guys, at the end of the 8th in mine there were already 13 QB's off the board.

_________________
12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:33 
Offline
Whale Shark

Joined: Tue 09.22.2009, 09:12
Posts: 1014
Sand$: 2478
Donate
nyj.gif
I've seen him fall to the 8th round in several of my mocks. I'd have no problem taking him after the 6th as a back up or trade bait. No way do I trust him as my starter though.

_________________
10 Team .5 PPR, Return Yardage
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger
RB: Lacy, Vereen, Jennings, J. Bell, Ben Tate
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, Patterson, Benjamin, Hurns
TE: Rudolph
Def: Vikings
K: Graham


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:58 
Online
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.18.2003, 21:12
Posts: 19555
Sand$: 17298
Donate
Location: SF Bay Area
hou2.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.


About the same comfort level as Peyton Manning and his multiply fused neck. It is not hard to imagine a clean hit or "minor" landing ends his season.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bluemist, BlueShoeNation518, Bunker, cfresa, Conan Troutman, Fantasy40, FlapJaK87, Gill Posse, intermestic, jay0571, Kaleb.09, KRB80, morylittle, msquiers, neal123454, OilersNut, oscarz, prplhz14, ross3650, rossimus, shibumi7126, simayonaise, spc, Synjak, Tacks652, TheArtfulDodger, TheChamp, theplayer11, tlynch88, You Got Jooked and 62 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group