FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.21.2014, 11:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:19 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2602
Donate
oak.gif
Per rotoworld

Michael Vick will be wearing a new Kevlar flak jacket Week 1.
For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 29 - 9:20 AM

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Ridley
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Gordon Cooks Boykin
TE Pitta Bennett
DST Broncos Dolphins
K Nugent

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18879
Donate
sd.gif
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld

For what it's worth, the maker of the flak jacket, Unequal Technologies, has guaranteed Vick won't sustain any more rib injuries. This version is lighter and covers more of the torso than previous versions Vick has tried. "It's going to be custom fitted and fitted to protect all across my sternum, across my ribs. I think it'll be a better fit," he said. Vick broke two ribs in Week 10 last season and then sustained a rib contusion in the second preseason game this year.

Of course the maker of the jacket is gonna guarantee its success :lol:

Also, there's about 1,000 other injuries he can get other than a broken rib, so I'd say his owners still need to hold their breath all season :wink:

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 3267
Donate
dal.gif
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1052
Donate
TheChamp wrote:
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld

Also, there's about 1,000 other injuries he can get other than a broken rib, so I'd say his owners still need to hold their breath all season :wink:

Oh sure.. i thought i could rejoice and there you go, bursting my bubble.... Not even a 5 minute party.

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18879
Donate
sd.gif
GeekShark wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Crestonetc wrote:
Per rotoworld

Oh sure.. i thought i could rejoice and there you go, bursting my bubble.... Not even a 5 minute party.

Oops, don't worry, this new vest is impermeable to reality and he's good to go for life :thumbright:

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:41 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2602
Donate
oak.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team but thats just me and not a slight on your thread at all. I am glad for the Vick owners but Im sure Id never be comfortable with owning him.

No slight at all...

I refuse to draft him on personal morals, but that was a thread from years ago...

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Ridley
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Gordon Cooks Boykin
TE Pitta Bennett
DST Broncos Dolphins
K Nugent

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11278
Donate
gb.gif
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team

He has 2 Top 25 receivers. And a Top 3 RB.

If the price was right, I'd own him. But not where he's at now.

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:44 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 342
Donate
Crestonetc wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

No slight at all...

I refuse to draft him on personal morals, but that was a thread from years ago...

How many points does your league give for morality? I'd lose for sure...

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 32624
Donate
pit.gif
Oh good, I'll make sure all my leaguemates know about this so someone can waste an even higher pick on him.

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 11:47 
SandShark

Sand$: 148
Donate
jnadke wrote:
5XChamps wrote:
I cant imagine why anybody would want to own him on their team

He has 2 Top 25 receivers. And a Top 3 RB.

If the price was right, I'd own him. But not where he's at now.

I got him at 5.07 as the 8th QB off the board and couldn't be happier about it.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:05 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 859
Donate
I took him at 4.2 drafting from the 11 spot, bc at that point Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Ryan, and Eli were already gone. It is a long way from 4.2 till 5.11 and I was nervous. In hindsight the next 3 QB's Peyton, Shaub, and Romo didn't go until the late 6th. I have Cutler as his backup, so I pray no injuries and am prepared with what should be a serviceable replacement if he goes down

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23828
Donate
ne.gif
I was one of the idiots who drafted Vick early last year.

This year all offseason I told myself I was going to wait on a QB and take an Eli Manning / Matt Ryan combo. Then the draft came. And by the end of the 3rd round, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Eli Manning and Matt Ryan were ALL gone. So, then I waited a few more rounds and when my turn came at the last pick of the 8th and 1st pick of the 9th I took Romo and Vick. I don't like having Vick as my starting QB, but I think that between Vick and Romo, they should be healthy enough and good enough to use as a pairing and play one when the other is injured.

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:24 
SandShark

Sand$: 148
Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
I was one of the idiots who drafted Vick early last year.

This year all offseason I told myself I was going to wait on a QB and take an Eli Manning / Matt Ryan combo. Then the draft came. And by the end of the 3rd round, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton, Stafford, Eli Manning and Matt Ryan were ALL gone. So, then I waited a few more rounds and when my turn came at the last pick of the 8th and 1st pick of the 9th I took Romo and Vick. I don't like having Vick as my starting QB, but I think that between Vick and Romo, they should be healthy enough and good enough to use as a pairing and play one when the other is injured.

Good value there on both of those guys, at the end of the 8th in mine there were already 13 QB's off the board.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:33 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2478
Donate
nyj.gif
I've seen him fall to the 8th round in several of my mocks. I'd have no problem taking him after the 6th as a back up or trade bait. No way do I trust him as my starter though.

QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger
RB: Lacy, Vereen, Jennings, J. Bell, Ben Tate
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, Patterson, Benjamin, Hurns
TE: Rudolph
Def: Vikings
K: Graham

PostPosted: Wed 08.29.2012, 12:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17298
Donate
hou2.gif
5XChamps wrote:

About the same comfort level as Peyton Manning and his multiply fused neck. It is not hard to imagine a clean hit or "minor" landing ends his season.