FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 16:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 12:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15146
Donate
oak.gif
I've been looking at Royster as part of a committee to fill-in for Mathews' early injury (use him week 2 vs the Rams and look to sell high). He seemed highly likely to be the first skins RB to get a chance. Should I be worried by the opportunity Morris got this weekend?

Post subject: Re: Royster/Morris
PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 12:50 

Sand$: 9121
Donate
sf.gif
Of course you should. Nobody knows what Shanahan is thinking when it comes to runningbacks.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 13:12 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1663
Donate
I thought they were just judging the potential of Morris since they already know what they have in Royster. Possibly due to Hightower and Helu's injuries. To see if Morris was indeed good enough to carry the load if need be (Royster injury or as a #2)

QB: Brady

RB: McCoy, Charles, Tate, McKinnon

WR: Gordon, A. Brown, Patterson, Cooks, Quick

TE: Ertz

DEF: 49ers

K: Novak

10 Team 0.5 PPR

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 15:03 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1266
Donate
car.gif
Apes wrote:
I've been looking at Royster as part of a committee to fill-in for Mathews' early injury (use him week 2 vs the Rams and look to sell high). He seemed highly likely to be the first skins RB to get a chance. Should I be worried by the opportunity Morris got this weekend?

I tried that "committee" with Helu and Torain last year. Do yourself a favor and when you see a Skins back, just say no

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:09 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3213
Donate
hou2.gif
A Shanahan RB is useful...just know you'll cycle through 2 or 3 before you hit the right one - and then after 3 weeks, you'll cycle again.

Just a guess, but with Helu and Hightower still banged up/recovering, Shanny could've been protecting Royster last night. Similar in my mind to how CHI gave Bush a lot of run with the 1st team offense this weekend. But who knows with Shanny...

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:17 
SandShark

Sand$: 120
Donate
#1 rule in fantasy football
Never Draft a Shanny rb
Here endth the lesson.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:19 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2730
Donate
ne.gif
Better rule, never START a shanny RB.

If you have one for some reason, wait for them to have a good game then trade them for absolutely anything which remotely helps you while chuckling to yourself.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15489
Donate
For those who keep saying "dont trust shanahan" they are right, but ...

#1) Dont trust Kubiak either. Anyone remember the pre-Foster days? Yeah, the apple dont fall far from the tree
#2) Once EITHER coach finds a back they like, the guy is both dependable and rock solid tier 1 stuff and is a must start/draft.

Has shanny found his guy yet? Absolutley no idea.

What i do know is Morris is just a guy and Royster is the most complete back on that roster. Ive watched him play in person, ive watched (some) of the games i havent.

We ahve plenty of other threads about Helu and Royster, we really dont need a Morris thread.

Morris was given a run out to see how he did behidn the 1st team OL. Theyve seen what he did against the stiffs last week & they have 3 RBs on the roster they could use at RB. They just needed to see what they have before they start thinking about cutdowns.

Dont read anything else into his start other than that.

He was pedestrian as it goes. One good play, nothing to add beyond that. Did he do enough to stick on the roster? Dont know. Do know hes not comeptition for Royster tho.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:50 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1645
Donate
oak.gif
jamcutpost wrote:

#1) Dont trust Kubiak either. Anyone remember the pre-Foster days? Yeah, the apple dont fall far from the tree
#2) Once EITHER coach finds a back they like, the guy is both dependable and rock solid tier 1 stuff and is a must start/draft.

What i do know is Morris is just a guy and Royster is the most complete back on that roster. Ive watched him play in person, ive watched (some) of the games i havent.

We ahve plenty of other threads about Helu and Royster, we really dont need a Morris thread.

Morris was given a run out to see how he did behidn the 1st team OL. Theyve seen what he did against the stiffs last week & they have 3 RBs on the roster they could use at RB. They just needed to see what they have before they start thinking about cutdowns.

He was pedestrian as it goes. One good play, nothing to add beyond that. Did he do enough to stick on the roster? Dont know. Do know hes not comeptition for Royster tho.

I totally disagree that he looked pedestrian. He looked really impressive to me. I don't know if he will make the team, but I like what I saw out of Morris more than what I have seen from Royster so far. I still won't draft him because of Shanny, but on almost any other team, I would take a flier on him.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 16:59 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1663
Donate
jamcutpost wrote:

I agree. Royster had two good runs but then got pulled for protection.

QB: Brady

RB: McCoy, Charles, Tate, McKinnon

WR: Gordon, A. Brown, Patterson, Cooks, Quick

TE: Ertz

DEF: 49ers

K: Novak

10 Team 0.5 PPR

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 17:10 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1266
Donate
car.gif
licker wrote:
Better rule, never START a shanny RB.

If you have one for some reason, wait for them to have a good game then trade them for absolutely anything which remotely helps you while chuckling to yourself.

Agreed.

Never started helu last year but he did get me dez Bryant which was nice.

I can't lie, I'm targeting royster late if he's there for the same hope he turns into something, not afraid to swing for the fences past the 8th round, even if it is a redskin

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 21:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 386
Donate
Who on the Skins is even a sure thing? Much better value with less risk elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun 08.19.2012, 22:20 
Chum

Sand$: 46
Donate
pit.gif
jamcutpost wrote:

He hasn't found "that guy" since Terrell Davis. Will he find one this year? I wouldn't hold my breath.

PostPosted: Mon 08.20.2012, 01:13 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 16052
Donate
nyg.gif
I decided last year was the last time I would ever take a Shanahan RB...I kept dreaming of hitting on the next Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, or Olandis Gary- what a headache...I have sworn a blood oath not to waste a roster spot on any of them anymore. There are people in leagues with roster spots being taken up by Hightower, Royster, Helu, and now they are talking about Morris...Forget that- let's not forget how RGIII will probably being taking some of those short TDs too. Unless your league has a super deep bench, STAY AWAY.

PostPosted: Mon 08.20.2012, 02:13 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
Let's remember the last time Shanny featured an RB, which was Mike Anderson in 2000. A lot of people said Mike Anderson was middling talent, solid runner but nothing special and look what happened. Shanny always does the inverse of what he should be doing, riding Royster may be just that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next