FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 10.25.2014, 21:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 12:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5062
Donate
ne.gif
Aside from their usual RB by committee (i.e Foster and Stewart), I think Stewart's ankle injury is more serious then reported, thus opening things back up for Foster.

I know Tolbert could vulture some TD's...but if Stewart is out indefinitely, could we see (sort) of a return to form for Deangelo? My eye test still thinks Foster is still a pretty dynamic back.

ADP of 8.02 seems way off to me.

Anyone biting?

WR's/TE: Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Justin Hunter
D/ST: Panthers, Vikings
K: Graham

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 12:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6192
Donate
dal.gif
paragonx wrote:
Aside from their usual RB by committee (i.e Foster and Stewart), I think Stewart's ankle injury is more serious then reported, thus opening things back up for Foster.

I know Tolbert could vulture some TD's...but if Stewart is out indefinitely, could we see (sort) of a return to form for Deangelo? My eye test still thinks Foster is still a pretty dynamic back.

When you refer to Foster in your post did you mean DeAngelo? Or Aside from Stewart, Williams, Tolbert, and Cam is there another in their backfield mess?

In general I'm avoiding the mess entirely unless I can get one cheap in a late round; I saw DeAngelo go in Rd 9 in my first draft - wasn't late enough for me to bite based on the other talent on the board at that point. I'm not a fan of Stewart - would take Tolbert before him if I must.

12 teamer (3 of 12)
Rivers/Lacy/Gore/Nelson/Cobb/FJAX/D.Walker/Tucker/SEA

14 teamer (4-3)
Ryan/Jennings/Tate/Julio/Crabtree/Watkins/Jimmy/Bradshaw(f)/McManus/DEN

Last edited by infntnub on Fri 08.31.2012, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 12:42 

Sand$: 99118
Donate
paragonx wrote:

ADP of 8.02 seems way off to me.

Anyone biting?

Hello, 2007! Missed ya, how have you been?

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 12:43 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 464
Donate
cin.gif
who's foster? i would try to stay away from pather rbs due to the committee thing. however, if stewart is limited, i think deangelo has value

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 12:53 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
If the X-rays have come back negative for a high ankle sprain, do you think the CAR organization is lieng? Also, who is Foster.

There's no way Jstew is out indefinitely, he may be out week 1 but that's just wishful thinking.

I've been down on Dwills ever since he broke the trend started by Preist Holmes in 2000. Every year since 2000, the leading rusher would also follow up their performance the following year, leading the league yet again. I believe the list includes Preist Holmes, Shuan Alexander, Larry Johnson and Ladanian Tomilson. Dwills was supposed to continue this trend from 2009-2010 and failed which lead me to believe he was never THAT good to begin with. Here we are three years later and he's 29 and the CAR backfield is even more crowded. At best IMO, with some timely injuries, Dwills can provide RB2 value. Even still, I'm not sure it's possible. I don't think the ADP is low enough to take the gamble. He just doesn't have a ceiling worth gambling on anymore.

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 13:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 528
Donate
pit.gif
Deshaun Foster. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 13:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25116
Donate
ne.gif
I took DeShaun Foster with the 6th pick in the 1st round. Good value?

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 13:10 
Leopard Shark

Donate
I think I was just trolled. \:D/

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 13:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5062
Donate
ne.gif
Sorry, Deangelo Williams, I have a newborn you know!
I predict he is going to take control in that backfield again. J Stew. is going to have nagging issues all year.
Go DeWill !

WR's/TE: Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Justin Hunter
D/ST: Panthers, Vikings
K: Graham

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 16:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
paragonx wrote:
I predict he is going to take control in that backfield again. J Stew. is going to have nagging issues all year.
Go DeWill !
it was just a minor sprain. go ahead and act like it isn't but you'll just be disappointed.

even if stewart did miss time, the carries would be spread among williams, newton (who will still be a heavy contributor to the run game) and tolbert (who is not just a FB and who has been talked about by players and coaches as being a significant part of what the panthers do this year).

it will continue to be a messy situation with the touches spread out among 4 instead of the 3 they had last year. the only number i expect of williams to go up is TDs and then that's only slightly. the rest will stay about the same as last year at best. more than likely his carries and yardage will take a little drop.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 07:23 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1472
Donate
nyj.gif
roll the dice in the 8th round and later and be prepared to crap out.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 08:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9094
Donate
cle.gif
paragonx wrote:
Go DeWill !

Congrats on the Newborn! Props, pops!

As to their rb situation..it's all guesswork. Murky..but we know stewy is hurt, and that may linger, etc..etc, or not, still, Toss a coin that there are scraps left over from Cam to be divided amongst the rest.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 12:08 
Leopard Shark

Donate
For the record Jstew's and Dwills's ADPs have essentially switched. If Jstew is healthy enough to go for the start of the regular season he might be he value pick up at this point.

Quote:
Coach Ron Rivera has not suggested that any of his key players will miss Week 1.
Jonathan Stewart (ankle) and Steve Smith (foot) are both banged up, but we're expecting each to put in limited practices starting Sunday. Despite ongoing lower leg issues, Stewart has missed just two games in his four-year career and consistently plays well through pain. He's never averaged less than 4.3 yards per carry for a season.

Jstew has played in 62 of a possible 64 games in his career. He may be prone to injury, but he plays through it.

Last edited by SameSongNDance on Sat 09.01.2012, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 12:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20974
Donate
sd.gif
DeShaunnnn how far you've fallen since your Bruin days

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 12:17 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2050
Donate
You don't play through a high ankle sprain. Typically you can't bear any weight on it for awhile, much less play football. I love how everyone on here is an expert or doctor or whatever the f. "Oh he hasn't missed any games. He plays through injuries!" Expect Stewart to miss at least week 1. These things do tend to take awhile to heal and they linger. He could miss more than a few weeks. And yes if that happens expect Deangelo to get extra work. There is a reason, multiple, that Dwills adp is going up and Jstew is going down. There is no question which of these guys I'd rather have right now.

RB McCoy, Morris, Richardson, Joique
WR Jordy, Keenan, Crabtree, Gordon, Baldwin
TE Fleener, Donnell
DEF Kansas City
K Bailey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next