FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 18:05

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 13:41 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
I have both players as back ups on my team and I'm looking to drop one of them and pick up a backup RB so that away I can lock in a teams running game. Right now I'm leaning towards Kendal Wright.

If you want to know why I drafted both of them lets just say I was forced to take a WR.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 13:49 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
Although all of Nate's best games came with Locker under center, I'm more inclined to believe his production takes a dip this year. Emerging talents like Cook and Wright can do nothing but steal targets. IMO, when I'm debating between reserve options, I usually like to keep the high upside dude with higher ceiling if both situations are relatively the same. Wright looks like a straight up playmaker.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 13:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20972
Donate
sd.gif
SameSongNDance wrote:
Although all of Nate's best games came with Locker under center, I'm more inclined to believe his production takes a dip this year. Emerging talents like Cook and Wright can do nothing but steal targets. IMO, when I'm debating between reserve options, I usually like to keep the high upside dude with higher ceiling if both situations are relatively the same. Wright looks like a straight up playmaker.

A lot depends on Britt's health. Wright is an up and comer for sure, but I still think Nate'll be the WR1 w/ Britt out. Very underrated.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:15 
Leopard Shark

Donate
TheChamp wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

A lot depends on Britt's health. Wright is an up and comer for sure, but I still think Nate'll be the WR1 w/ Britt out. Very underrated.

I agree, it does get murky when Britt returns but all signs point to him being rather healthy. I wrote a sleeper article here on Nate last year (amongst other WRs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=267748), saying he has been flying under the radar as well ; ), so I definitely agree. I just think what we saw last year was his ceiling and there's no where to go but down. If both Nate/Wright would be riding the pine for your fantasy team anyway, I'd still rather take the rook with upside. Nate will however be much more consistent for as long as Britt is out.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:19 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
Didn't Wright get 2 TD's in a preseason game? I have been looking for highlights cause I saw Wright make a play or two and I really liked what I saw. I'm not impressed with Kenny Britt or Nate Washington. I think, I'm just gonna go with Wright.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:33 
Leopard Shark

Donate
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Didn't Wright get 2 TD's in a preseason game? I have been looking for highlights cause I saw Wright make a play or two and I really liked what I saw. I'm not impressed with Kenny Britt or Nate Washington. I think, I'm just gonna go with Wright.

Yeah, he flashed moments of brilliance in the preseason. Here's one of his TD catches.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... t-for-a-TD

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:

You have high standards there. Britt was a monster before suffering his ACL injury last season.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35666
Donate
mia.gif
TheChamp wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

You have high standards there. Britt was a monster before suffering his ACL injury last season.

For two games. He hadn't done much in two seasons prior to those two games, and he's proven to be a knucklehead.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 14:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Elmagister wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

For two games. He hadn't done much in two seasons prior to those two games, and he's proven to be a knucklehead.

His 775/9 in only 10 games 2010 weren't much? ... with an ancient Hasselbeck at the helm no less

He's a knucklehead no doubt, but aside from his rookie season he's been a monster when he's been able to stay on the field.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 15:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35666
Donate
mia.gif
TheChamp wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

His 775/9 in only 10 games 2010 weren't much? ... with an ancient Hasselbeck at the helm no less

He's a knucklehead no doubt, but aside from his rookie season he's been a monster when he's been able to stay on the field.

Fair enough, but a huge chunk of that (7/225/3) came in one game. He clearly has explosive potential, but who knows if he can be counted on to stay healthy and out of trouble.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 15:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Elmagister wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Fair enough, but a huge chunk of that (7/225/3) came in one game. He clearly has explosive potential, but who knows if he can be counted on to stay healthy and out of trouble.

Yep, I have major concerns about his health/head as well 2012; just thought his play thus far was being sold short.

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 15:22 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2658
Donate
oak.gif
Well back to the subject of Nate vs Kendall...

I am believer that Nate regresses some this year. Kendall had a nice preseason, and I am banking on that to continue into the regular season. When the knucklehead does return from his 1 game suspension (Goodall was too lenient, IMO, but that's another story) that'll open up passing lanes with cover2 lining up with knucklehead..

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Brown Robinson Crowell
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Allen Beckham
TE Bennett
DST Broncos Browns
K Novack

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 15:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3823
Donate
cle.gif
Nate is a fantasy tease on the level of VJax. He will follow up a 3TD game with three games of one catch. He's been with the Titans long enough to establish himself by now but hasn't. The guy not being mentioned in TEN is Williams. Both he and Nate showed flashes last year. he could sneak a few touches from both Nate and Wright.

TE: Olsen, Donnell
K: Gostkowski
D: Browns, Bolts

PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2012, 16:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37716
Donate
chi.gif
If you need someone to fill a WR3 slot, take Washington. If you're drafting a bench guy who you don't need anything from, and can wait and hope you got lucky, take Wright.

PostPosted: Sun 09.02.2012, 14:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3938
Donate
dal.gif
hard 10 wrote:
If you need someone to fill a WR3 slot, take Washington. If you're drafting a bench guy who you don't need anything from, and can wait and hope you got lucky, take Wright.

Completely agree.

WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, G. Tate, M. Sanu
RB: J. Bell, McKinnon, Oliver, Tre Mason, J. Hill
TE: Clay
DEF: Cincinnati, Buffalo
K: Parkey