McGahee and Moreno

Post Reply  
Mako Shark
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008
Sand$: 1,880.26
Thoughts/projections for Willis McGahee this season? Can he be a sneaky RB1 playing with Peyton Manning in Denver?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3127
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Sand$: 5,636.24
I wouldn't say RB1, but mid to low RB2 for sure.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15427
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 39,161.86
I think he can...I can see something like 1200 yds 9tds...probably ceiling though but definitely reachable.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Sep 5, 2007
Sand$: 1,724.00
I love him. I'm ending up with him as my RB3/flex guy in about 80% of my leagues so far. I think the value is great where he's going. Fox has never been huge on starting rookies, so while I think Hillman may be in the mix, I believe that rumors of McGahee's demise have been grossly exaggerated. I think he's the workhorse back on an improved team. He should get goal line and some catches. There will be less running plays with Tebow gone, but there will be a higher percentage of running plays that feature him. Also, a little fear of a passing game may clear up some running room for him. At his ADP, he's a steal.
_______________________________________

-
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 1,195.00
jcalebmoore wrote:I love him. I'm ending up with him as my RB3/flex guy in about 80% of my leagues so far. I think the value is great where he's going. Fox has never been huge on starting rookies, so while I think Hillman may be in the mix, I believe that rumors of McGahee's demise have been grossly exaggerated. I think he's the workhorse back on an improved team. He should get goal line and some catches. There will be less running plays with Tebow gone, but there will be a higher percentage of running plays that feature him. Also, a little fear of a passing game may clear up some running room for him. At his ADP, he's a steal.


Couldn't have said it better myself.
_______________________________________

BD 16 (The Ex-Mako League)
Cleveland Steamers
QB: Brady/JFF
RB: Ball/Bush/L Miller/Freeman
WR: Dez/Percy/Benjamin/Hunter/Lee
TE: Witten/Kelce
D/ST: Pats/Jets
K: Bailey
SandShark
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Oct 5, 2010
Sand$: 272.00
anyone still loving this guy? In all my mocks I am overpaying and getting this guy the 4th... definite RB1 upside. You guys?
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 860
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009
Sand$: 2,981.56
I don't know about RB1 upside on a consistent basis. He may have a few games where he scores twice... and by few I mean 2 or 3 at the most.

I like him as a decent #2 RB or an outstanding #3 RB. Word is he reported to camp in freakish good shape. Honestly it all depends on how Manning plays and if he can keep the defense honest.
_______________________________________

http://www.leaguejacker.com/
$$$$ Money League
QB - Rivers, Palmer
RB - Gore, Ingram, Freeman, Hillman
WR - DThomas, Megatron, DHopkins, John Brown, Lafell
TE - Gilmore, Richard Rodgers
K - Josh Brown
DST - Giants
SandShark
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011
Sand$: 148.00
I know the conventional wisdom says that Willis is the man in Denver after last season. But last year they were Tebowing and running the option offense. This year they are starting Peyton Manning and Moreno seems to be recovered and playing well in preseason. He's a first round pick and if I remember well is pretty good in the passing game. Anyone think this situation is starting to look a little more murky than I've been hearing?
_______________________________________

12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6043
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006
Sand$: 6,809.14
Conventional wisdom says stay away from Moreno. But there is that small chance that he has a good year, I wouldn't bank on it though!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.
Leopard Shark
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011
Sand$: 374.00
TheChamp wrote:McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.


I don't think he's grossly underrated in the slightest. There's just no way DEN runs the ball 62% of the time like they did with Tebow last year. His ADP is justified.

As for Moreno, he has indeed looked good in the preseason but has to compete with Ball and Hillman for touches. I kind of wished they had waived him so he could get a shot somewhere else but they decided not to. He's going to need two injuries to occur this season to become fantasy relevant.
SandShark
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011
Sand$: 148.00
Hearing Moreno is working with the second team already. The non fantasy viewpoint from Denver on him is interesting, I guess he's had a good camp.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/7/30 ... o-bust-yet
_______________________________________

12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
SameSongNDance wrote:
TheChamp wrote:McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.


I don't think he's grossly underrated in the slightest. There's just no way DEN runs the ball 62% of the time like they did with Tebow last year. His ADP is justified.

As for Moreno, he has indeed looked good in the preseason but has to compete with Ball and Hillman for touches. I kind of wished they had waived him so he could get a shot somewhere else but they decided not to. He's going to need two injuries to occur this season to become fantasy relevant.


Speaking from my personal experience, been an afterthought in most my drafts. They don't need to run the ball 62% of the time for him to be successful value pick either. His 1200 yards might regress a little, but also keep in mind that red zone could go up for him w/ Tebow gone.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1176
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009
Sand$: 2,681.00
I can't believe there is someone out there who still believes in KnowShow Moreno.
_______________________________________

QB: Brees
WR:Cruz, Decker, Shorts, Hartline, Allen
RB: Charles, MJD, McFadden, Hillis, Jennings
TE: Jordan

1 20 passing
1 10 rushing/receiving
1 PPR, 12 man league.
All TDs 6 Points.
SandShark
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011
Sand$: 148.00
TheChamp wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:
TheChamp wrote:McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.


I don't think he's grossly underrated in the slightest. There's just no way DEN runs the ball 62% of the time like they did with Tebow last year. His ADP is justified.

As for Moreno, he has indeed looked good in the preseason but has to compete with Ball and Hillman for touches. I kind of wished they had waived him so he could get a shot somewhere else but they decided not to. He's going to need two injuries to occur this season to become fantasy relevant.


Speaking from my personal experience, been an afterthought in most my drafts. They don't need to run the ball 62% of the time for him to be successful value pick either. His 1200 yards might regress a little, but also keep in mind that red zone could go up for him w/ Tebow gone.


I imagine given what they have invested in Moreno and that Willis is a 10 year vet we end up seeing managed snaps with these two. Seeing that he's apparently recovered well and had a good camp.
_______________________________________

12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: theoutlawdekepatton and 6 guests