McGahee and Moreno

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,880.26
Thoughts/projections for Willis McGahee this season? Can he be a sneaky RB1 playing with Peyton Manning in Denver?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,636.24
I wouldn't say RB1, but mid to low RB2 for sure.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,161.86
I think he can...I can see something like 1200 yds 9tds...probably ceiling though but definitely reachable.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,724.00
I love him. I'm ending up with him as my RB3/flex guy in about 80% of my leagues so far. I think the value is great where he's going. Fox has never been huge on starting rookies, so while I think Hillman may be in the mix, I believe that rumors of McGahee's demise have been grossly exaggerated. I think he's the workhorse back on an improved team. He should get goal line and some catches. There will be less running plays with Tebow gone, but there will be a higher percentage of running plays that feature him. Also, a little fear of a passing game may clear up some running room for him. At his ADP, he's a steal.

-
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,195.00
jcalebmoore wrote:I love him. I'm ending up with him as my RB3/flex guy in about 80% of my leagues so far. I think the value is great where he's going. Fox has never been huge on starting rookies, so while I think Hillman may be in the mix, I believe that rumors of McGahee's demise have been grossly exaggerated. I think he's the workhorse back on an improved team. He should get goal line and some catches. There will be less running plays with Tebow gone, but there will be a higher percentage of running plays that feature him. Also, a little fear of a passing game may clear up some running room for him. At his ADP, he's a steal.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BD 16 (The Ex-Mako League)
Cleveland Steamers
QB: Brady/JFF
RB: Ball/Bush/L Miller/Freeman
WR: Dez/Percy/Benjamin/Hunter/Lee
TE: Witten/Kelce
D/ST: Pats/Jets
K: Bailey
SandShark
Sand$: 272.00
anyone still loving this guy? In all my mocks I am overpaying and getting this guy the 4th... definite RB1 upside. You guys?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,981.56
I don't know about RB1 upside on a consistent basis. He may have a few games where he scores twice... and by few I mean 2 or 3 at the most.

I like him as a decent #2 RB or an outstanding #3 RB. Word is he reported to camp in freakish good shape. Honestly it all depends on how Manning plays and if he can keep the defense honest.

http://www.leaguejacker.com/
$$$$ Money League
QB - Rivers, Palmer
RB - Gore, Ingram, Freeman, Hillman
WR - DThomas, Megatron, DHopkins, John Brown, Lafell
TE - Gilmore, Richard Rodgers
K - Josh Brown
DST - Giants
SandShark
Sand$: 148.00
I know the conventional wisdom says that Willis is the man in Denver after last season. But last year they were Tebowing and running the option offense. This year they are starting Peyton Manning and Moreno seems to be recovered and playing well in preseason. He's a first round pick and if I remember well is pretty good in the passing game. Anyone think this situation is starting to look a little more murky than I've been hearing?

12tm. non-ppr 4pt. paTD - Lineup flex: 1 RB 3 WR, 2 RB 2 WR, 1 RB 2WR 2TE.

Keepers: Ridley, G Jennings

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
K Hunter, J Battle, M Goodson
R Moss, J Blackmon, S Hill, A Collie
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,809.14
Conventional wisdom says stay away from Moreno. But there is that small chance that he has a good year, I wouldn't bank on it though!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 374.00
TheChamp wrote:McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.

I don't think he's grossly underrated in the slightest. There's just no way DEN runs the ball 62% of the time like they did with Tebow last year. His ADP is justified.

As for Moreno, he has indeed looked good in the preseason but has to compete with Ball and Hillman for touches. I kind of wished they had waived him so he could get a shot somewhere else but they decided not to. He's going to need two injuries to occur this season to become fantasy relevant.
SandShark
Hearing Moreno is working with the second team already. The non fantasy viewpoint from Denver on him is interesting, I guess he's had a good camp.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/7/30 ... o-bust-yet

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
SameSongNDance wrote:
TheChamp wrote:McGahee's the man. Grossly underrated in almost every draft I've had thus far too.

I don't think he's grossly underrated in the slightest. There's just no way DEN runs the ball 62% of the time like they did with Tebow last year. His ADP is justified.

As for Moreno, he has indeed looked good in the preseason but has to compete with Ball and Hillman for touches. I kind of wished they had waived him so he could get a shot somewhere else but they decided not to. He's going to need two injuries to occur this season to become fantasy relevant.

Speaking from my personal experience, been an afterthought in most my drafts. They don't need to run the ball 62% of the time for him to be successful value pick either. His 1200 yards might regress a little, but also keep in mind that red zone could go up for him w/ Tebow gone.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,681.00
I can't believe there is someone out there who still believes in KnowShow Moreno.

QB: Brees
WR:Cruz, Decker, Shorts, Hartline, Allen
RB: Charles, MJD, McFadden, Hillis, Jennings
TE: Jordan

1 20 passing
1 10 rushing/receiving
1 PPR, 12 man league.
All TDs 6 Points.
SandShark
TheChamp wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

Speaking from my personal experience, been an afterthought in most my drafts. They don't need to run the ball 62% of the time for him to be successful value pick either. His 1200 yards might regress a little, but also keep in mind that red zone could go up for him w/ Tebow gone.

I imagine given what they have invested in Moreno and that Willis is a 10 year vet we end up seeing managed snaps with these two. Seeing that he's apparently recovered well and had a good camp.

Vick
S Ridley, T Richardson
G Jennings, H. Nicks
Witten
J Hanson
Pats

A Luck