FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 04:50

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 09.03.2012, 07:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9310
Donate
dal.gif
Hello,

I did a search and didn't see much, actually I didn't see anything. Perhaps I searched the wrong way. I hear ads for Fanduel.com everyday and was wondering if anyone uses it to try and win money. Those that haven't heard of it - supposedly you can play fantasy football on it every week, change your teams and players and you can win money.

Anyone tried this... more importantly has anyone won money.

TE- Whitten,Clay
K- Hauschika, Prater
D- DET,Cincy

Disclaimer-We have to carry 2 (TE) 2 (K) and 2 (D) on our roster at all time

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 03:18 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
sf.gif
I've been playing there and a couple of other site for a few years. FanDuel is great for their huge tournaments and guaranteed payouts, and it can be a lot of fun and addicting. In terms of being profitable, they charge 10% rake on their head-to-head games, which makes it hard to sustain profit over a period of time. I would say I've probably broken even there, but there are some guys I know that have made some nice dough. IMO, there are better sites to play these games on though if you are looking at becoming profitable, and each site has its own set of scoring, roster requirements, rake structure, etc. FanDuel is where I cut my teeth playing in daily fantasy though, and I would say its probably the best place to start, but as you become more familiar with daily fantasy sports, you'll want to look to other sites as well.

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 03:20 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2652
Donate
no.gif
SlickRick87 wrote:
I've been playing there and a couple of other site for a few years. FanDuel is great for their huge tournaments and guaranteed payouts, and it can be a lot of fun and addicting. In terms of being profitable, they charge 10% rake on their head-to-head games, which makes it hard to sustain profit over a period of time. I would say I've probably broken even there, but there are some guys I know that have made some nice dough. IMO, there are better sites to play these games on though if you are looking at becoming profitable, and each site has its own set of scoring, roster requirements, rake structure, etc. FanDuel is where I cut my teeth playing in daily fantasy though, and I would say its probably the best place to start, but as you become more familiar with daily fantasy sports, you'll want to look to other sites as well.

Always see the commercials; but never tried it. Thinkning of starting this year though

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 03:26 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
lsumc131 wrote:
Always see the commercials; but never tried it. Thinkning of starting this year though

Right now would be the perfect time to start, there are a couple nice freerolls always going on at the start of each sport season.

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 03:53 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
If anyone is interested in getting a taste of daily fantasy sports, here is a nice little promotion one site is offering. It's a simplified version of actually creating a lineup. They give you five options to choose from at each position, and if your team wins, you get $5 bucks on the spot. Free to play, anyone think they can beat me?

http://www.draftday.com/go/slickrick87

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 08:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17276
Donate
ne.gif
I won like $25 last year playing the "beat the pro's" games last year on FanDuel.com where you win $5 if you beat the selected "expert" for that week. It was free to enter, so that was really cool. I hope they do that again this year.

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 08:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
SlickRick87 wrote:
If anyone is interested in getting a taste of daily fantasy sports, here is a nice little promotion one site is offering. It's a simplified version of actually creating a lineup. They give you five options to choose from at each position, and if your team wins, you get $5 bucks on the spot. Free to play, anyone think they can beat me?

I just joined that Draft Day thing. I don't like how there's only 5 guys to choose from at each position though.

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 10:59 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
I won like $25 last year playing the "beat the pro's" games last year on FanDuel.com where you win $5 if you beat the selected "expert" for that week. It was free to enter, so that was really cool. I hope they do that again this year.

They have various freerolls like this nearly every week during the NFL season. I usually find several, but there is a limit of one per week that you can enter.

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 11:00 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
SlickRick87 wrote:

I just joined that Draft Day thing. I don't like how there's only 5 guys to choose from at each position though.

Yeah, it is basically a gimmick game to get people to join their site, but fun nonetheless. Who doesn't like free money? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 15:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
SlickRick87 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
SlickRick87 wrote:

Yeah, it is basically a gimmick game to get people to join their site, but fun nonetheless. Who doesn't like free money? :wink:

Everyone likes free money (especially me)! I like to play the free rolls and try to win free money. What else is out there for good sites with freerolls?

PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 15:24 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 2260
Donate
They do it over at fftoday forum. Lots of fun, but $10 to get a spot, 1st gets $90. It is a cool wu to play picking a new line up every week and competing against fellow fantasy football enthusiasts. But, as I say, free fantasy leagues is like playing poker without money. I say that, but I am in the sharks league so I guess that isn't completely true.

PostPosted: Sun 09.09.2012, 06:22 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
Here is a really good article for anyone who is new to playing Daily Fantasy or is looking to get into it.

http://rotogrinders.com/fantasyblogs/Rookie_Handbook-60382

PostPosted: Sun 09.09.2012, 06:30 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 4308
Donate
md2002 wrote:
Hello,

I did a search and didn't see much, actually I didn't see anything. Perhaps I searched the wrong way. I hear ads for Fanduel.com everyday and was wondering if anyone uses it to try and win money. Those that haven't heard of it - supposedly you can play fantasy football on it every week, change your teams and players and you can win money.

There are several posts like yours already, I think Noleman was the last to do so. Bizarrely someone posted in one of my league forums with almost exactly the same thing.

What are you guys getting out of it?

Los Cholos Escrotos
HARD!

PostPosted: Sun 09.09.2012, 06:38 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
md2002 wrote:
Hello,

There are several posts like yours already, I think Noleman was the last to do so. Bizarrely someone posted in one of my league forums with almost exactly the same thing.

What are you guys getting out of it?

We want to expose more people to daily fantasy sports so the industry can grow, basically. Right now, there are a few great sites offering huge sums of money in freerolls and guaranteed payout tournaments to attract new players. But if the industry doesn't grow, that will dry up. The more people that know about it, the better. Daily is the future of fantasy sports IMO.

PostPosted: Sun 09.09.2012, 06:40 
Blue Shark

Donate
sf.gif
I created a free team at FanDuel if anyone wants to play for fun. Anyone think they can put together a better team than me?
Come play me http://www.fanduel.com/entry/JTJDWA?invitedby=slickrick87&cnl=aa

$65K cap
QB Tom Brady - $9800
RB LeSean McCoy - $8700
RB Kevin Smith - $5000
WR Calvin Johnson - $8400
WR Julio Jones - $7200
WR Pierre Garcon - $5800
TE Greg Olsen - $5000
K Shayne Graham - $5000
D Seahawks - $5000