FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 21:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:01 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29956
Sand$: 58407
Donate
Location: https://twitter.com/endzoneview
nyj.gif
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are now uncertain whether Marshawn Lynch (back spasms) will play Sunday at Arizona.
Coach Pete Carroll expected Lynch to be "fine" this week, but the spasms have yet to subside. We could be looking at the dreaded game-time decision. All Lynch owners need to prioritize rookie Robert Turbin on this week's waiver wire. Should Lynch sit out Week 1, Turbin would be a top-25 fantasy option.


For week 1 maybe, and I'm sure Leon Washington will ruin the party, but what the hell. Here's the Robert Turbin lottery ticket thread.

_________________
Outkicking the Coverage- Week 8


Last edited by endzoneview on Thu 09.06.2012, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:03 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Mon 09.27.2010, 23:48
Posts: 6020
Sand$: 12012
Donate
gb.gif
Many Lynch owners remember last year he mysteriously missed a game due to back spasms.... one he wasn't listed as injured or questionable.


But then again, IIRC Carroll likes playing with injury reports as much as anyone. Second to maybe Shanahan, Payton and Belichick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:10 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 12.07.2005, 14:23
Posts: 23861
Sand$: 33948
Donate
Location: Port-of-Spain
nyj.gif
meh to be on the safe side i just nabbed him as i had a free spot in my league, i play the lynch owner in week 2 , better to be on the offensive incase anything happens

_________________
DISCLAIMER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:18 
Offline
HammerHead Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 03.30.2010, 09:53
Posts: 755
Sand$: 1788
Donate
turbin is a great stash. seattle knows how to run the ball and lynch scares me this year in a few ways. i'm trying to find room for turbin now, but i'd have to let jonathan dwyer go. i don't think i can make that move. i'd recommend getting turbin now for any league that he may be still on the wire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:21 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 12.07.2005, 14:23
Posts: 23861
Sand$: 33948
Donate
Location: Port-of-Spain
nyj.gif
Tacks652 wrote:
turbin is a great stash. seattle knows how to run the ball and lynch scares me this year in a few ways. i'm trying to find room for turbin now, but i'd have to let jonathan dwyer go. i don't think i can make that move. i'd recommend getting turbin now for any league that he may be still on the wire.


i can, i'd take Turbin over Dwyer any day of the week.

_________________
DISCLAIMER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:24 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 29956
Sand$: 58407
Donate
Location: https://twitter.com/endzoneview
nyj.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
Tacks652 wrote:
turbin is a great stash. seattle knows how to run the ball and lynch scares me this year in a few ways. i'm trying to find room for turbin now, but i'd have to let jonathan dwyer go. i don't think i can make that move. i'd recommend getting turbin now for any league that he may be still on the wire.


i can, i'd take Turbin over Dwyer any day of the week.


yep

_________________
Outkicking the Coverage- Week 8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:28 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 9134
Sand$: 20974
Donate
sd.gif
The Turbinator!

Dropped Dwyer for him in a shallow league earlier when I heard this. Unfortunately, he's been snatched up in most my other leagues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 17:28 
Offline
HammerHead Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 03.30.2010, 09:53
Posts: 755
Sand$: 1788
Donate
endzoneview wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:
Tacks652 wrote:
turbin is a great stash. seattle knows how to run the ball and lynch scares me this year in a few ways. i'm trying to find room for turbin now, but i'd have to let jonathan dwyer go. i don't think i can make that move. i'd recommend getting turbin now for any league that he may be still on the wire.


i can, i'd take Turbin over Dwyer any day of the week.


yep


yea you're probably right. dwyer looks to be stuck in a committee no matter which way you slice it. and if lynch misses time..turbin would be the guy (with some leon sprinkled in).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 19:44 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 10.14.2005, 22:27
Posts: 1800
Sand$: 3409
Donate
Location: Arlington, TX
dal.gif
What about Royster? As a Lynch owner, is he worth dropping to snatch up Turbin? I also have Mendenhall and Benson riding the pine, but I don't consider them "droppable" at this point.

_________________
QB: R. Wilson
RB: Forte/Gore/Tate/A. Williams/McKinnon
WR: J. Jones/A. Brown/A. Johnson/Colston/J. Gordon
TE: J. Cameron/D. Walker
DEF: DEN/NE
K: Novak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2012, 22:41 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Tue 10.13.2009, 10:22
Posts: 777
Sand$: 2378
Donate
What do people think of his value? Considering dropping S. Holmes for him (or maybe Lance Moore).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 00:17 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.11.2006, 23:08
Posts: 28932
Sand$: 110521
Donate
Location: Shark Tank - Supreme Mega #19
oak.gif
RaidersFan18 wrote:
What do people think of his value? Considering dropping S. Holmes for him (or maybe Lance Moore).

DO IT!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 01:07 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 642
Sand$: 1368
Donate
I dropped Redman earlier today and picked up another player and then this came up so I had to drop another player.

Right at the start of football season: Oh my back


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 05:13 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.30.2008, 20:46
Posts: 1606
Sand$: 4193
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - 6X SuperBowl Champs!
pit.gif
As a RB6, who's better to have on the bench now: LeShoure or Turbin?

_________________
Tanked! Dynasty League That 80s Dynasty League Deep Platinum Dynasty League Too Deep Dynasty League
Gridiron Post Whores Keeper League Shark Assassins South Hills League UCFFL Rockne FantasySharks Bottom-Dweller League 22


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 05:25 
Offline
Leopard Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.15.2010, 11:54
Posts: 158
Sand$: 340
Donate
det.gif
pounddarock wrote:
As a RB6, who's better to have on the bench now: LeShoure or Turbin?


I would go with LeShoure. I think he has the higher upside. He is gonna be a beast this year, after the suspension. Turbin is only gonna be valuable if Lynch continues to have these back spasms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Turbin Time?
PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 05:26 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Wed 09.05.2012, 05:23
Posts: 11
Sand$: 26
Donate
Location: Chicago
i LOVE Turbin this year... especially given all the question marks around Lynch. Turbin is a big 3-down workhouse coming out of Utah, and I think will contribute a lot this year, whether or not Lynch is healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dental_floss_tycoon, Griffimo, illnoise80, theplayer11 and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group