FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.25.2014, 03:16

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 06:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4592
Donate
dal.gif
Ok, I'll give my latest scenario as an example and see what opinions I can gather.

In my recent draft I acquired Torrey Smith/AJ Green/Marques Colston/Eric Decker. Now in my opinion it could be argued that they are all legit #1 WR options this year (who knows..). I drafted AJ Green in Round 4 and T Smith in Round 9. Based on ADP alone I feel in week 1 I should start AJ but based on the matchup I am considering starting Smith.

Should I play matchups all season with this group since I can start only 2 every week or stick with the same 2 and just accept I'm guaranteed to at least get those particular players' Good and Bad weeks. By rotating out I risk starting/sitting wrong ones and could possibly miss out on the 1 or 2 monster outings one has. Part of me is thinking to start AJ and Colston all year and just keep the other 2 for byes/injury fill-ins.

Thoughts on rotating them all year as opposed to "setting and forgetting" one set of 2 of them?

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 06:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 689
Donate
stl.gif
start:

Green
Colston

bench:

Decker
Smith

Do this for a few weeks (4), and see how they produce, and under what conditions. Change as needed.

WR's are generally inconsistent. Try not to make it worse.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 06:40 
Chum

Sand$: 18
Donate
Depends on how close your matchup is.. sometimes all you need is a solid average score, consistency. but sometimes you need to play the risk reward and go with the higher ceiling even if that entails the floor being much lower. so i guess im saying that all depends on what your team needs at the given moment.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 06:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2268
Donate
was.gif
bjoemama2 wrote:
start:

Green
Colston

bench:

Decker
Smith

Do this for a few weeks (4), and see how they produce, and under what conditions. Change as needed.

WR's are generally inconsistent. Try not to make it worse.

Agree with this. Plus Colston will miss a game or two this season which will help you play one of the other two.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 06:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13019
Donate
Depth is good. Bye weeks and injuries coming up after a word from our sponsor, Inevitable Ice Cream.

And no, you don't try to get cute and bench AJ Green.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 09:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
I like the 4 weeks locked in idea and go from there - sounds like a good sampling size. I'm still a bit shaky on playing Green vs Baltimore as opposed to Smith vs Cincy - but I honestly only see Green having a chance of getting some sort of score.

Hopefully Dalton's hand is feeling good. :popcorn:

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 10:07 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 248
Donate
det.gif
Im in same boat. I have A. Johnson, B. Lloyd, Torrey Smith, Decker, L. Moore. I have 4 solid, solid guys and then a guy who i believe will have a very nice year in Moore....A. Johnson needs to be in every week but i could see where i pick my other WR based on matchups.

TE: Gronk, Rudolph
K: Akers
D: Bengals

Yahoo, 10 team no PPR.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 10:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
With those guys, AJ Green gets permanently entrenched in your WR1 spot

Colston gets the nod at WR2, but his artificial knees will probably need the breather from Decker/Smith at some point; not likely he plays a full season

If you can deal Smith/Decker to someone based on the hype they are generating, I wouldn't think twice. Wouldn't be surprised if either one doesn't develop into the breakout candidate being projected (not trying to knock on either one here, both have good breakout potential; but at the end of the day, they both have ? marks and might not pan out)

I'd probably be trying to package off 2 of your WRs to someone hurting for depth.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:13 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1326
Donate
dal.gif
I would be tempted to start T. Smith over Colston, I'm high on Smith this year. He had a sneaky good first year and all reports have Balt throwing more. Flacco was locked in on the kid in preseason could be a big year.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Yeah - Colston makes me nervous (especially since I have him in two leagues lol).

T. Smith had a FANTASTIC camp but the fact all roads go through Rice on that offense has me concerned regarding how many weeks he "dissapears" on the radar.

I'm going to roll the dice with AJ and Colsten as others have advised for the most part and let them ride it out a couple weeks and not think twice about it unless I read something related to injury concerns.

Someone noted they expect Lance Moore to have a good year; I agree and took a late round shot at him. I'm honestly hoping the Saints pulling a NE act and come out showing no mercy the same way they did after Spygate. I have Colsten, Moore, and Brees in various leagues. Hopefully that pans out -> but that's an entirely different topic altogether.

Thanks for the WR rotation input. I'd be happy to hear further info if anyone else has opinions on it.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:36 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2062
Donate
ne.gif
How does AJ fall to the 4th round? Crazy.

But yah, people always want to get cute and 'play the matchups', outside of rotating defenses off the waiver wire I've rarely seen this work out too well other than in the flex position where you have a bit more value in taking matchups in to consideration because the guys you are starting there are not as good as the guys you have starting at RB/WR.

That said, benching Green for any of those guys is simply crazy.

Colston should be the #2 as well, Smith and Decker... *should* have productive seasons, but you know, until they show consistency I wouldn't start them over the 'proven' guy.

That and I personally think Flacco is crap and Smith is going to be a complete feast or famine WR this season. But when he feasts it will be 150yards 2 tds kind of feasting :D

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
licker wrote:
How does AJ fall to the 4th round? Crazy.

That particular league is a TD Only scoring format; not many with faith in Cincy I guess. I was a fan of the kid every time Fox showed them last season. Wish Dez had that type of drive in him...

Last edited by infntnub on Wed 09.05.2012, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37322
Donate
chi.gif
I'd roll with Green and Smith week 1.

If you want to bench Colston or Green or Aaron Rodgers because you feel better about someone else's matchup, do it. It's your team, and this is supposed to be fun.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5284
Donate
phi.gif
I don't really agree with what everyone's saying here, all except for it's your team and do what you feel is best. I think Decker outscores Colston this year, with Smith being the wildcard. To say you should just lock into any set lineup for any amount of time is not a recipe for success IMO.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 11:52 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2062
Donate
ne.gif
TD only???

Hell then it's pretty much a total crap shoot every week.

I'd still roll with AJ over any of the others, and I would like Smith a lot less than Decker or Colston.