FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 09:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 12:53 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1500
Donate
I keep hearing all this talk about Kyle Rudolph. Makes me think I should have drafted him instead of Tamme or Olsen. What's this guys deal? Is he really going to be that special this season?

Julian Thomas,
Seahawks
Succup Bullock

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 12:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55469
Donate
min.gif
No one knows. Olsen and Tamme are good. Just let it ride. The tier after Gronk and Graham is huge, so they could all be about the same.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 12:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37760
Donate
chi.gif
With AP's health a serious concern, it's likely we'll see the Vikings throwing more in the redzone and near the goalline, at least early in the season. With fantastic hands and size, Rudolph looks like the best target in those scenarios, and he looks like he could be the only reliable receiver on the team other than Harvin.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 13:09 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 526
Donate
no.gif
Olsen is gonna be Cam's #2 target while Rudolpjh will be Ponder's #2 Target, so question is which QB n Offense do you trust more? I'd roll with CAR+CAM plus when simpson comes back he'll leech targets

WRs: Welker, Reggie Wayne, Lance Moore, Lafell
TEs: Heath, Gates, Marcedes
K: Bailey

IDP

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1002
Donate
was.gif
Olsen had 90 targets last year and with Shockey getting 62 targets also. No Shockey only means more for Olsen .............. hopefully. As far as Tamme goes it could be him or Dreesen but then again Vikings have Carlson also. So basically it is all a crap shoot.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17601
Donate
nyg.gif
Don't worry. Players like Rudolph are hyped every single year and they rarely amount to much--at least not right away.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22177
Donate
cle.gif
We probably all did. :lol:

TEs are such a crap shoot after the easy to identify top dogs, and some of those may have gone too early anyway.

The available FA TE I see flying under the radar is Dallas Clark, TBB. He's replacing Winslow, who had 75/763/3TDs last season, enough to be TE12 in Shark leagues, despite being such a tool. Clark sounds healthy after two seasons of injury and he's proven cabable of producing. He could be a good FA bye cover fodder TE.

(8-2-1) *Uber
(7-4) DeathMatch
(6-5) P$B!!!, HoP
(4-11) xFSNFL

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:45 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2802
Donate
ne.gif
People are high on Rudolphs potential, I like him much more in a keeper/dyno than redraft. There is a big pile of TEs all available after the 10th who will all probably produce about the same. I wouldn't worry about which ones you have or don't have.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6380
Donate
dal.gif
The BlueBeards wrote:
The available FA TE I see flying under the radar is Dallas Clark, TBB. He's replacing Winslow, who had 75/763/3TDs last season, enough to be TE12 in Shark leagues, despite being such a tool. Clark sounds healthy after two seasons of injury and he's proven cabable of producing. He could be a good FA bye cover fodder TE.

Good call BlueBeards; I've been thinking the same. He's available in most leagues so if you see something you like in the early going he could definately be a nice filler for byes/injury.

Back on topic -> I actually considered myself fortunate to see Rudolph go undrafted. I took Witten when he slipped to ROUND 9 due to people being concerned with his availability. I snatched up Rudolph from waivers this morning so at least I get to avoid a "0" from my TE (hopefully) since he has a nice matchup to open the season..

12 teamer (3 of 12)
Sanchez/Lacy/Miller/Nelson/Cobb/Denards/D.Walker/Tucker/BUF

14 teamer (5-5)
Ryan/Bradshaw/Ball/Julio/Watkins/Adams/Jimmy/Reed/Crosby/CLE

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:50 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2802
Donate
ne.gif
I dunno about Clark...

If Manning kept on getting him killed over the middle just imagine what Freeman is going to do to him...

He's an older guy who may be healthy at the moment, but I'm guessing he gets dinged pretty quickly and will not bounce back from it.

Also he's an adequate blocker at best, though I admit to having no clue what other TEs the Bucs have on the team to go in on running downs.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22177
Donate
cle.gif
licker wrote:
I dunno about Clark...

If Manning kept on getting him killed over the middle just imagine what Freeman is going to do to him...

He's an older guy who may be healthy at the moment, but I'm guessing he gets dinged pretty quickly and will not bounce back from it.

Also he's an adequate blocker at best, though I admit to having no clue what other TEs the Bucs have on the team to go in on running downs.

Their depth at TE is not good at all which is why I like Clark. I expect him to be as good a filler TE and anyone one the wire. As long as he's not dead the week I need him I don't see a concern.

(8-2-1) *Uber
(7-4) DeathMatch
(6-5) P$B!!!, HoP
(4-11) xFSNFL

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 14:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
Don't worry. Players like Rudolph are hyped every single year and they rarely amount to much--at least not right away.

Do you perfer Mayo or Mustard with that sandwich. Rudolph will lead the vikes in targets and rec.
Percy is a fish out of water in our offense and they did nothing to fix that. Simpson is boom or bust nothing reliable.

To the OP Olsen or Rudolph will do you fine. I lean Rudolph but i am a Vikes and ND homer. Carlson has missed all of camp and really won't factor in until later in the season. AD won't be our goalline back till weeks 3-5. I am not buying the AD is ready to roll as much as keeping teams off balance with his status ,his work load will vary week to week. Percy is not a redzone WR nor is simpson. No need to mention others. Toby is not a goal line back.

RUDOLPH! can't teach tall.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 15:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17601
Donate
nyg.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:

Do you perfer Mayo or Mustard with that sandwich. Rudolph will lead the vikes in targets and rec.
Percy is a fish out of water in our offense and they did nothing to fix that. Simpson is boom or bust nothing reliable.

To the OP Olsen or Rudolph will do you fine. I lean Rudolph but i am a Vikes and ND homer. Carlson has missed all of camp and really won't factor in until later in the season. AD won't be our goalline back till weeks 3-5. I am not buying the AD is ready to roll as much as keeping teams off balance with his status ,his work load will vary week to week. Percy is not a redzone WR nor is simpson. No need to mention others. Toby is not a goal line back.

So an acknowledged Vikes and ND homer says buy the hype. I wrote it down.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be back to shine your shoes. But I've seen this preseason pattern dozens of times. I wouldn't mind stashing him on my roster as a TE2 because if I'm wrong on that gamble, I can discard him and pick up some other no-name who is getting some hype at the time.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 15:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:

So an acknowledged Vikes and ND homer says buy the hype. I wrote it down.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be back to shine your shoes. But I've seen this preseason pattern dozens of times. I wouldn't mind stashing him on my roster as a TE2 because if I'm wrong on that gamble, I can discard him and pick up some other no-name who is getting some hype at the time.

"Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll be back to shine your shoes. "

Water proof my wifes boots? I hate the smell of the stuff and she buys boots like a fat kid buys cupcakes. My wing tip will never touch another hand. They are spiffy shoes.

PostPosted: Wed 09.05.2012, 15:54 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3245
Donate
dal.gif
Rudolph is the perfect guy to pair with an old boring steady tight end like Olsen, Owen, etc.

There was a ton of hype coming out for Jermichael a few years ago and Jimmy last year and we saw atheltic ability take over and these guys become elite fantasy options. I trust Rudolph to be at least better then the other guys like Cooke and Kendricks who have been recently hyped.

QB- A. Luck
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Andre Roberts
WR- Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Cody Lattimore, D. Adams
RB- J. Bell, C. Michael, Alfred Blue, CJ Anderson
TE- GRONK
DEF- Indy, Wash