Week 2 Waiver Wire Defenses

Blue Shark
Sand$: 907.00
Yeah, I know we haven't played week 1 yet, but I'm not the only one in my league that rotates through defenses every week, so I need to be looking ahead...

Here are my thoughts on DSTs that are almost certainly available:

Bengals - they get Cleveland at home. They are a pretty solid D and I expect a lot of opportunities with a rookie QB and RB

Raiders - yeah, they are heading to the east coast to play the Dolphins, but same thing - pretty solid D, a rookie QB, and virtually no WRs. All they've got is Reggie

Vikings - not a great D, but they should get sacks, and yet another rookie QB in Luck. Watch and see how Luck looks, but I don't think Indy does much this year.

Redskins - they travel to St. Louis. Other than SJax, what else do the Rams have? Amendola is decent, but would he really be a #1 on any other team?

Anyone else have other thoughts?

Thanks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 0.00
Bengals - like it
Raiders - like it
Vikings - wait and see about luck consistency, affects TOP, also vikings offense not so good, so could give more chances to Colts offense
Redskins - wait and see about RG3 consistency, same as above scenario, although WASH run game could shift the balance
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,171.00
CIN and OAK definitely.

WAS a possibility.

12 Team Standard PPR except QB get 5pts-TD,1pt-30yds
*-starter
QB: Vick*
RB: McCoy*; Charles*; Bradshaw; D. Martin*
WR: Cruz*; Julio*; Blackmon ; Cobb
TE: Pettigrew*
K: Janik*
DEF: Sea; Cin*
IDP: Dqwell*
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 303,272.75
We haven't even had wk 1 and were talking wk 2? Let's see if anything pops up this wk before deciding n next wk. I know you stated that but still...

Image Image

Blue Shark
Sand$: 907.00
Budmonsan wrote:We haven't even had wk 1 and were talking wk 2? Let's see if anything pops up this wk before deciding n next wk. I know you stated that but still...

I know - seriously, in my league, 3 or 4 of us are streaming Defenses, so if you aren't looking out a few weeks ahead, you lose. The only reason I'm not looking out 2 weeks from now is because of exactly what you are talking about. I know there is a lot of changes and we need to see how teams gel, but again, if I don't pick em out early, I won't get em!
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,563.00
If that's the case then those other guys are probably already picking this team up while you read my delayed gibberish (I was distracted watching Yadier Molina hit game-tying 2 run bomb in bottom of 9th inning of 2 hour rain delayed mudfest at Busch Stadium St Louis)....

But if not...go get Cincy...NOW...and ride them awhile. Come back Week 5 and we'll start looking ahead to Week 7. :thumbright:

Week 2- Cleve
Week 3- @Wash
Week 4- @Jax
Week 5- Miami
Week 6- @Cleve

2012 Tiger Shark 14 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Points Champion (12 Team PPR)

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,575.72
zoomie89 wrote:If that's the case then those other guys are probably already picking this team up while you read my delayed gibberish (I was distracted watching Yadier Molina hit game-tying 2 run bomb in bottom of 9th inning of 2 hour rain delayed mudfest at Busch Stadium St Louis)....

But if not...go get Cincy...NOW...and ride them awhile. Come back Week 5 and we'll start looking ahead to Week 7. :thumbright:

Week 2- Cleve
Week 3- @Wash
Week 4- @Jax
Week 5- Miami
Week 6- @Cleve

...this....

x2
Megalodon
Sand$: 18,467.48
I drafted Cincy just because of who they play the next few weeks. I unfortunately have to start them this week, however.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 918.26
Markulous wrote:I drafted Cincy just because of who they play the next few weeks. I unfortunately have to start them this week, however.

I'm in the same boat. Not the best matchup this week, but weeks 2-6 are tasty!
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,532.00
tlynch88 wrote:
Markulous wrote:I drafted Cincy just because of who they play the next few weeks. I unfortunately have to start them this week, however.

I'm in the same boat. Not the best matchup this week, but weeks 2-6 are tasty!

3x. Facing BAL now is better than facing them later on in the season.

14 man .5 PPR, 6pts rush/rec, 4 pass td
QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K
QB-Ryan
RB-Murray, Jennings, Hill, Hyde, Blount, Cunningham
WRs-Julio, Patterson, Cooks, Marvin Jones
TE-Cameron, Ertz
D- Steelers
K-
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,575.72
I put V. Brown on my IR and picked up Vikes for this week, holding Cincy on the bench.... The next week, I can dump the Vikes and play Cincy for the next few weeks and pick up a week 1 waiver wire hot commodity. :)
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,136.96
I agree with Cincy weeks 2 - 6. Rookie or unproven QB's each week. You will have to live the match up with Balt. this week.

QB - Taylor
RB - Lacy / Martin / Gurley / McFadden / Bernard
WR - Megatron / A. J. Green / Cooks / Bryant / Mi Floyd
TE - Thomas
K - Hauschka
DST - Bengals / Jets
Great White Shark
Sand$: 31,135.58
Robert in St. Charles wrote:if you aren't looking out a few weeks ahead, you lose.

Yep- in one of my leagues I always have to be a week ahead on D's.

Love Cincy starting week 2. Buffalo is on my WW also in that league. Am interested to see how they do tomorrow.

Armchair Generals Dynasty League
ASFL Keeper League
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 306.00
Would grab Buffalo.

10 Team Standard Scoring
QB: Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan
RB: All Day, Doug Martin, TRich, Darren McInjured, DWill, Montell Owens
WR: Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, DX, Randall Cobb, T.Y. Hilton
TE: Jason Witten
K: Justin Tucker
D: Denver
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,378.00
Pats against Zona, anyone? Or do we think that Pats defense is going to give up yards/points given that they'll be winning by so much?