FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 05:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Peyton being overlooked
PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 15:56 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1114
Donate
dal.gif
I'm not really a Peyton fan, I do respect him though. The problem is, I think that seeing him ranked below the likes of RGIII for week one is blasphemy. RGIII and Luck are riding hype machines to the likes I have never seen, yet they have never started a real NFL game

On that note, I believe Peyton has been preparing for THIS game, the opener, his return game, since March 19th, the day he knew he was going to Denver. I also think Demaryius Thomas is a beast of a WR and with Peyton at the helm is going to be a must start.

WR: Jerry Rice/Michael Irvin/Randy Moss
TE: Tony Gonzalez
D: '85 Bears/ 00' Ravens
K: Vinateri

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 15:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 31019
Donate
mia.gif
I think he's prepared the way he's always prepared.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 16:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
i'm not overlooking him. i'm scared of him...rather scared for him.

the game has gotten faster. he's gotten older (and was never all that fast to begin with). teams are better prepared for pass heavy schemes. he's got a neck that has had 3 surgeries in just a couple years. we've got refs from the lingerie football league substituting for the real ones...that's just not a good combination.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 16:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39072
Donate
pit.gif
nopardaid wrote:
I'm not really a Peyton fan, I do respect him though. The problem is, I think that seeing him ranked below the likes of RGIII for week one is blasphemy. RGIII and Luck are riding hype machines to the likes I have never seen, yet they have never started a real NFL game

On that note, I believe Peyton has been preparing for THIS game, the opener, his return game, since March 19th, the day he knew he was going to Denver. I also think Demaryius Thomas is a beast of a WR and with Peyton at the helm is going to be a must start.

yep Im a steeler fans , but I will put this out there. I think what comes into play here is peyton wanting to show everybody hes the qb he was with the colts and forcing the ball in some sitruations. IMO I think this is a good match up for the steeler defense.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 16:45 
Blue Shark

Donate
dal.gif
raynman wrote:
i'm not overlooking him. i'm scared of him...rather scared for him.

the game has gotten faster. he's gotten older (and was never all that fast to begin with). teams are better prepared for pass heavy schemes. he's got a neck that has had 3 surgeries in just a couple years. we've got refs from the lingerie football league substituting for the real ones...that's just not a good combination.

Fair enough but he rushed back from the 1st and the second one didn't take. Defenses haven't gotten THAT much better in one year but I see your take.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 16:50 
Blue Shark

Donate
dal.gif
rugger48 wrote:
nopardaid wrote:

yep Im a steeler fans , but I will put this out there. I think what comes into play here is peyton wanting to show everybody hes the qb he was with the colts and forcing the ball in some sitruations. IMO I think this is a good match up for the steeler defense.

2-3 picks won't be out of the question but you should be very concerned about D. Thomas against your semi-depleted defense.

They still are the Steelers and will therefore ALMOST never have games where they get "punked" but IMO this is lining up to be one of those nights; no J. Harrison, no R. Clark and everyone underestimating Peyton.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7875
Donate
den.gif
Elmagister wrote:

And if that's the case, I wouldn't be afraid for Peyton Manning.
I agree, the game hasn't gotten that much faster in a year. And how long have defenses had to prepare for more pass happy schemes? A year? Because they certainly weren't prepared last year.
Do I think he'll be the same Peyton Manning pre surgeries? Probably not. But if he's 80-90% of what he was, he's still better than most starting QB in the league. He is still one of the smartest to ever play, and his work ethic is unmatched. We will find out soon enough.
And I still think Decker is going to have a better year than Thomas.

And yes, I'm a homer. Very excited for tomorrow.

And I like the Broncos matchup against the vaulted Steelers defense. I mean, Tim Tebow was the winning QB the last time these 2 played. Now, with a hall of famer.......yeah, I like our chances.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
nopardaid wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
nopardaid wrote:

2-3 picks won't be out of the question but you should be very concerned about D. Thomas against your semi-depleted defense.

They still are the Steelers and will therefore ALMOST never have games where they get "punked" but IMO this is lining up to be one of those nights; no J. Harrison, no R. Clark and everyone underestimating Peyton.

Im more concerned about eric decker and our oline.

Last edited by rugger48 on Sat 09.08.2012, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

I agree, the game hasn't gotten that much faster in a year. And how long have defenses had to prepare for more pass happy schemes? A year? Because they certainly weren't prepared last year.
Do I think he'll be the same Peyton Manning pre surgeries? Probably not. But if he's 80-90% of what he was, he's still better than most starting QB in the league. He is still one of the smartest to ever play, and his work ethic is unmatched. We will find out soon enough.

And I like the Broncos matchup against the vaulted Steelers defense. I mean, Tim Tebow was the winning QB the last time these 2 played. Now, with a hall of famer.......yeah, I like our chances.

Yes because we all know thing things stay the same from year to year.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:38 
Blue Shark

Donate
dal.gif
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

Decker bigger year than Thomas, doubt it. Though physically similar, Thomas has "IT" I would put a friendly sand wager of half my sands that Demaryius finishes with more yards and touchdowns than Decker. :popcorn:

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
nopardaid wrote:
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

Decker bigger year than Thomas, doubt it. Though physically similar, Thomas has "IT" I would put a friendly sand wager of half my sands that Demaryius finishes with more yards and touchdowns than Decker. :popcorn:

Ill take that bet easily, I wouldnt be surprised to see thomas finish 3rd in receiving on that team. My only issue with decker is health. Decker is a much better polished receiver than thomas.

One thing all of peyton receivers have in common that thomas doesnt?

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 17:56 
Blue Shark

Donate
dal.gif
rugger48 wrote:
nopardaid wrote:
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

Ill take that bet easily, I wouldnt be surprised to see thomas finish 3rd in receiving on that team. My only issue with decker is health. Decker is a much better polished receiver than thomas.

Sounds good, I'll throw 600 sands out there that injuries or not at the end of the yr. D. Thomas has more yds and t.d.'s than Decker. Finishing 3rd is absurd, you should edit that before anyone else reads it. He gets open. End of story.

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 18:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7875
Donate
den.gif
nopardaid wrote:
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

I'll take that bet. Make it 500 sands???

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 18:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
nopardaid wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
nopardaid wrote:
shotgun72 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

Sounds good, I'll throw 600 sands out there that injuries or not at the end of the yr. D. Thomas has more yds and t.d.'s than Decker. Finishing 3rd is absurd, you should edit that before anyone else reads it. He gets open. End of story.

looks like someone got caught up in the TV hype of one play. Might want to do a little reading.

again I will repeat what I asked, One thing all of peyton receivers have in common that thomas doesnt?

we all know peyton hates TEs?

PostPosted: Sat 09.08.2012, 18:49 
Blue Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Ok, Im not changing your mind thats cool. I have watched quite a bit of Demaryius, not just one play but thanks for trying to make me seem like a noob.