Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,272.16
I've got a 25.1 point lead going into tomorrow night with the Chargers D and my opponent has AJ Green. Concerned that I could potentially lose points, what say ye?
Megalodon
Sand$: 66,279.60
No.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 288.66
I would say no. Worst case scenario, you get the full negative points from your defense, which is -4 in standard yahoo scoring. AJ would have to go far above projections against a very good defense.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,735.26
I sat mine fearing the same thing and I won my match

INTRODUCING "THE UNIT"

QB: Brees

RB: Charles, Miller, Foster

WR: Allen, Gordon, Lockett, White, Shepard, T. Smith, Coleman

TE: Ertz, Allen

DEF: Panthers

K: Gostkowski

10 Team 0.5 PPR
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 620.64
Sorry if I sound rude but I see this same thread every year and it irritates me!! If you play in a league that allows you to play with an incomplete roster I'd say that league needs some changes!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,272.16
@condoo30, not rude at all! It's absolutely gaming the system, but it is still a possibility. Given the -4 being the max and bringing it to 21.1 points for Julio, that's a scary consideration. But given the other comments, most folks seem to think the chargers won't get -4 and would be able to help my positive points and not hurt me.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 620.64
If your league allows it then by all means take your win and run.
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,815.60
Tie breakers are almost always total points... so for that alone I say no.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,217.26
no.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,032.00
I wouldn't since the positives outweigh the negatives. If you don't trust your defense enough not to play it, I'd probably pick up another team instead.

Off topic, but who wants to make the "what do you need Monday night to win" thread? lol

Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
QB: Freeman-E. Manning
RB: Rice-Ridley-ADP-Bradshaw-Hillman
WR: Austin-Decker-D. Moore
TE: Gates
K: Bryant
D: CIN-NYJ
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,168.90
Not this early in the season.

K/DEF challenge 2011 & 2012 champion
Sand$: 104,896.46
und2006 wrote:Tie breakers are almost always total points... so for that alone I say no.

Yep, there's also the concern of the dreaded stat correction.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,709.22
No, because AJ could go off and you might need the points your defense may score.

(Note: If your opponent had nobody left to play, then it'd be perfectly acceptable to sit your defense. Sportsmanship is for tee-ball. :lol: )

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,680.04
Last year in one of my yahoo leagues I was in the championship game (week 16). After all of Sunday's games my opponent had a tiny fraction point advantage over me and had one receiver due to play on Monday night. My roster was all done and I was basically in concession mode. To preserve his win, he took that receiver out of the active roster spot to avoid getting negative points just in case they fumbled a lot or something. The next morning I check the scores. The receiver he sat ended up scoring double-digits. But overnight, Yahoo had also made a stat correction that boosted my score a tiny bit and I ended up winning the league. Didn't deserve it, but it happened.

So do not anger the fantasy football gods by leaving an empty roster spot to avoid negative points, because that karma will come back and bite you.

ImageImageImage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 72,813.73
DropkickFluties wrote:Last year in one of my yahoo leagues I was in the championship game (week 16). After all of Sunday's games my opponent had a tiny fraction point advantage over me and had one receiver due to play on Monday night. My roster was all done and I was basically in concession mode. To preserve his win, he took that receiver out of the active roster spot to avoid getting negative points just in case they fumbled a lot or something. The next morning I check the scores. The receiver he sat ended up scoring double-digits. But overnight, Yahoo had also made a stat correction that boosted my score a tiny bit and I ended up winning the league. Didn't deserve it, but it happened.

So do not anger the fantasy football gods by leaving an empty roster spot to avoid negative points, because that karma will come back and bite you.

Holy $hit snacks!

I heard that the Lark has died on the mountain. If I knew these words were true I would go with a group of men and arms to fetch the Lark's body home.