FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.22.2014, 03:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Andrew Hawkins
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 07:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8026
Donate
pit.gif
I'm hurting at WR at pouring over waiver wire options. Hawkins looks like an interesting add. At 5'7" he probably won't be a red zone option but he saw a ton of targets. Anyone have an opinion on this guy? I could look at McCluster or Stephen Hill instead. Cobb and Ogletree are not available.

Post subject: Re: Andrew Hawkins
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116511
Donate
min.gif
He could turn out to be something, coal.. I took a shot at Tate in Cinci but obviously the 1st impression isn't the greatest.

Hill is interesting to me right now as I noticed yesterday the Jets cut Patrick Turner. Might be a confidence boost from the FO in Hill.. saw what they needed?.. Something to definitely look into imo

Don't know what to say about McCluster though.. he smells like cabbage in a way

edit: Hill's upside might be the best of the 3 imo

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:08 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3563
Donate
Location: Im throwing down a Goody powder and getting ready for another day
den.gif
In my PPR leagues Im targeting both McCluster and Hawkins (in that order) on waivers this week. Sooo many targets and both have that extra gear for yards after the catch. McCluster slightly before Hawkins primarily 'cause there is some production history there. Im comfy his role this year is at WR (vs RB) with their addition of Hillis. Non PPR? Hill could be worth a grab and stash for your bench...but Im still wanting to see more from that Jets offense b4 Im sold.

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8026
Donate
pit.gif
I like that Hill found the endzone but I don't see the Jets putting up 48 ever again. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35408
Donate
car.gif
birddog wrote:
He could turn out to be something, coal.. I took a shot at Tate in Cinci but obviously the 1st impression isn't the greatest.

Hill is interesting to me right now as I noticed yesterday the Jets cut Patrick Turner. Might be a confidence boost from the FO in Hill.. saw what they needed?.. Something to definitely look into imo

Someone better be checking for some stickum on Clifford Franklin's hands, I was pretty shocked by Hill actually doing so well.

He's got height and speed and obviously will be given multiple opportunities. If you've got a bench spot I don't see any reason that you wouldn't stash Hill just in case he actually has learned to catch.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:34 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2478
Donate
nyj.gif
I like Hawkins, picked him up in one league because I missed out on Cobb. He's got that extra gear and ability to make defenders miss. Plus, he was relied upon throughout the game. Could be the #2 behind AJ.

That said, Hill is the solid #2 behind Holmes (maybe #2b once Keller is healthy) on a Tony Sparano offense (the guy helped develop Tony Romo with Sean Payton). But it is tough to say whether or not the Jets are way better than we thought or the Bills are way worse. I think a little of both, but if Sanchez and the oline plays like that week in and week out Hill could be the Cruz of the year. I have him in my keeper league because I think he is a star in the making, but I am a homer so of course I do.

I still like Cobb better than either of them this year (especially if you get KR yards), but I would place Hill slightly ahead of Hawkins right now because of his big play ability and TD opportunities.

QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger
RB: Lacy, Vereen, Jennings, J. Bell, Ben Tate
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, Patterson, Benjamin, Hurns
TE: Rudolph
Def: Vikings
K: Graham

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22284
Donate
sf.gif
coalesce wrote:
I'm hurting at WR at pouring over waiver wire options. Hawkins looks like an interesting add. At 5'7" he probably won't be a red zone option but he saw a ton of targets. Anyone have an opinion on this guy? I could look at McCluster or Stephen Hill instead. Cobb and Ogletree are not available.

I like hill. People clowned on me for saying this last week

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 08:45 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2510
Donate
chi.gif
I didn't see the Jets game, but Hill does look like an interesting pickup. With Plaxico gone I think he might be their new red zone target.

I did see the Cincy game, and was impressed with Hawkins. They used him a lot on screens and short passes, allowing him to get the ball in space and run. He did seem to have an extra gear when running compared to other players on the field, and I was impressed with his quickness/shiftyness.

I think its close between the two, but I think Hill might have the slight edge.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
coalesce wrote:

That's not why you were clowned on. :wink:

I'd say Hill's moved from a WR5/6 to a lower WR4 right now for me. I would be terrified to have to start him but he's worth a flyer in a lot of leagues.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7043
Donate
cin.gif
Out of all the WR2 candidates, Hawkins is probably the most consistent. I don't have the numbers, but I believe he had the highest catch % out of anyone on the Bengals in '11.

That said, I still think one of the taller guys emerge at some point. Maybe Binns, maybe Sanu. Not ruling out Marvin Jones either.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22284
Donate
sf.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
coalesce wrote:

I'd say Hill's moved from a WR5/6 to a lower WR4 right now for me. I would be terrified to have to start him but he's worth a flyer in a lot of leagues.

Why was I clowned on? For saying he reminded me of a young TO

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
coalesce wrote:

Why was I clowned on? For saying he reminded me of a young TO

Shrug. I didn't recall the reason. :lol:

I understand what you were going for but I still bristle though at comparisons to guys like TO or Peterson or such just because it can create really unreasonable expectations for some folks who are fairly noobs. See Richardson thread as Exhibit A.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
coalesce wrote:
I like that Hill found the endzone but I don't see the Jets putting up 48 ever again. :lol:
yea the 48 looks a little twisted with a pick-6 and a return TD. However, Hill getting looks early on in the red-zone for his 1st score in the 2nd to make it 14-0 and then again in the 3rd shortly after the flood gates blew open.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:45 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1479
Donate
sd.gif
Anyone think LaFell (Car) is worth a pick up, over Hawkins or McCluster? We get .02 points per reception. I have McCluster now. :-k

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 09:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:

Someone better be checking for some stickum on Clifford Franklin's hands, I was pretty shocked by Hill actually doing so well.

He's got height and speed and obviously will be given multiple opportunities. If you've got a bench spot I don't see any reason that you wouldn't stash Hill just in case he actually has learned to catch.

Right. I'm looking at adding him in my main league but making room for him is turning into a coin flip. I don't want to drop anyone solid on a chance hit.