FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 15:03

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PIT Backfield
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 10:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4962
Donate
min.gif
What the status of Mendenhall. Prior to our draft I was hearing reports that he won't be back until after wk 6. Now there are reports that he was eligable to play last week. Redman clearly doesn't look like the answer. But there maybe some value in Dwyer. Can anybody shed some light on this mystery?

Post subject: Re: PIT Backfield
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 10:46 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
Dwyer had 9 rushing attempts for 4.8 ypc and Redman had 11 attempts for 1.8 ypc....That being said I wouldn't want either in my line up and would wait for Mendy before I'd consider starting a Pit RB IMO

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 11:20 

Sand$: 99540
Donate
Shameless self plug

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/pu ... e_Show.htm

Go get Dwyer now, Tomlin already said he's earned a bigger role week 2 so he has 2 games to earn his keep before the Squeelers bye. They prefer to lean on one guy rather than multiple, so if Dwyer builds on his week 1 performance he'll be the lead guy even with a healthy Mendenhall. Maybe not 20+ touches, but 15-17? Yep. Encouraging that he saw several passing downs snaps too.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 11:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4384
Donate
chi.gif
Dwyer is clearly the better back, although both have a better match-up this week after what Spiller did to the Jets last week.

WR: A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, D. Thomas, Antonio Brown, K. Allen
TE: Vernon Davis
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 11:30 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 256
Donate
dal.gif
I like Dwyer too. Not ready to start him yet but he should get bulk of carries this week. At some point, I think he will take the starters job regardless of Mendenhall.

TEs Cameron, Green
K Prater
Def Panthers, Rams

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 11:59 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 420
Donate
I will be starting dwyer at flex only cause I have too this week, not expecting.g much because of the matchup against the jets but I think going forward he has a chance to take the job. This guy always had talent since college but his mindset and maturity level weren't there until this year. I thought mendenhall was average last year before his injury so its not to crazy to think dwyer could be the main guy for the year.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 12:04 

Sand$: 99540
Donate
mj021407 wrote:
I will be starting dwyer at flex only cause I have too this week, not expecting.g much because of the matchup against the jets but I think going forward he has a chance to take the job. This guy always had talent since college but his mindset and maturity level weren't there until this year. I thought mendenhall was average last year before his injury so its not to crazy to think dwyer could be the main guy for the year.

Didn't watch, but every report I've read said the only positive Buffalo can take away from the Jets game is their ability to run. Is that more because of the Jets run D? or Spiller? We'll find out this week, but I'd be more optimistic about Dwyer if he gets the touches it sounds like he's getting. I hope San Diego keeps Mathews down one more game to make sure he's all the way back for week 3 and if that's the case I'll be rolling with Dwyer as I also wait for LeShoure's suspension to be lifted.

Keeping him benched in a couple of others because I have better options, but in a start 2 of Rich vs. Chris Johnson vs. Dwyer I'm going to wait until Friday to decide - and may change my mind Sunday morning. Closer than it is for most though, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 12:08 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1826
Donate
chi.gif
Agree with A-Dawg above. I don't know why so many people assume that Mendy will get the starting job back (or, if he does, that he'll keep it for very long). Mendy did not look good at all last year, and Dwyer is showing some real promise.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 13:27 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
MENDY will get the job back when he returns. If he keeps it, that is the question. You don't put up what he did the last 3 years and don't get your starting job back. Sure, he didn't put up an awesome year before he went down, but still a good year with that o line we have. Not saying he's AP or Mccoy or anything, but you can't put up that much production only to get cast aside when you get hurt. Just makes no sense

Both Dwyer and Redman looked slow and fat imo, but Dwyer did do the best he could with his chances and deserves the chance to start to show what he can do going forward.

Only way he gets the job is if they don't resign Mendy in the off season. Right now, he's a spot starter until Mendy gets back nothing more, or if Mendy returns and blows out his ACL again. But on pure talent to talent basis, its not even close

So, the post saying Dywer will beat out Mendy on return is just nonsense right now imo. That could change with the factors I listed above, but right now it's not going to happen

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 13:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4962
Donate
min.gif
Mendenhall is a dirty terrorist :hathat21:

"It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style,"

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 13:49 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 256
Donate
dal.gif
Spoken like a true Mendy owner. No one knows right now but Mendy didn't exactly set the world on fire and he dances too much. Dwyer hits the hole. That's Pittsburgh style. A leopard cant change his spots. We shall see. As a Dwyer owner, I hope he starts and never looks back.

TEs Cameron, Green
K Prater
Def Panthers, Rams

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 13:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8149
Donate
den.gif
allen3388 wrote:
MENDY will get the job back when he returns. If he keeps it, that is the question. You don't put up what he did the last 3 years and don't get your starting job back. Sure, he didn't put up an awesome year before he went down, but still a good year with that o line we have. Not saying he's AP or Mccoy or anything, but you can't put up that much production only to get cast aside when you get hurt. Just makes no sense

Both Dwyer and Redman looked slow and fat imo, but Dwyer did do the best he could with his chances and deserves the chance to start to show what he can do going forward.

Only way he gets the job is if they don't resign Mendy in the off season. Right now, he's a spot starter until Mendy gets back nothing more, or if Mendy returns and blows out his ACL again. But on pure talent to talent basis, its not even close

So, the post saying Dywer will beat out Mendy on return is just nonsense right now imo. That could change with the factors I listed above, but right now it's not going to happen

Signed,
A Mendenhall owner who is praying he comes back to add depth to my otherwise uninspiring RB corps.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:01 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1826
Donate
chi.gif
shotgun72 wrote:
allen3388 wrote:

Signed,
A Mendenhall owner who is praying he comes back to add depth to my otherwise uninspiring RB corps.

=D>

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9222
Donate
cle.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Shameless self plug

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/pu ... e_Show.htm

Go get Dwyer now, Tomlin already said he's earned a bigger role week 2 so he has 2 games to earn his keep before the Squeelers bye. They prefer to lean on one guy rather than multiple, so if Dwyer builds on his week 1 performance he'll be the lead guy even with a healthy Mendenhall. Maybe not 20+ touches, but 15-17? Yep. Encouraging that he saw several passing downs snaps too.

Sept of 2012? Shameless indeed.. :P

Beat you to it old man.. 8)
Mon 08.02.2010, 23:25
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235356&p=3333300&hilit=Dwyer#p3333300

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240069&hilit=Dwyer&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239980&hilit=Dwyer

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240069&p=3375824&hilit=Dwyer#p3375824

Quote:
OarChambo wrote:
Quote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
ok..not sure if anyones mentioned him in here, and I wasn't going to, but a guy im totally sold on and will watch very very closely is Jon Dwyer..The Diesel. You've got Mendy for a good while so I have no idea how many snaps this young 20 y/o will get. he should have stayed in college another year, but landing in Pittsburgh was perfect for him. A tad slow on the 40 tim dropped him into the 6th round. Steelers look like geniuses nabbing this guy imo. They invested nothing and he has huge upside. The return of he BUS..Diesel style.

Dwyer fell for a lot more reasons than a slow 40 time - awful workouts, poor conditioning, funky offense, loyal gange smoker, and undisclosed medical concerns.

Quote:
Fighting Amish wrote:Heard those things..none of which will matter when he's rippin def's like buttah.

Also..anyone mention Rookie wr Mike Williams of Tampa? My favorite unknown to have a huge breakout. He's not really unknown, but certainly as a 4th rounder who dropped for off the field cheating, and other behavioral issues, like Dwyer, he'll be overlooked. Mark my words though, this kid is going to bring it. Hope they can get him the ball..that could be an issue. :lol: He will start for the bucs too. He'll get quite a few roy votes as well.

PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:54 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2320
Donate
chi.gif
Dwyer's not even practicing. Something with his foot. I am smelling desperation out there.