So who is McFaddens handcuff??

SandShark
Sand$: 202.28
I handcuff McFadden with Goodson in my draft. Then I hear Taiwan Jones has the RB2 "locked up" after camp, so I dump Goodson and pick up Taiwan. Now I hear Taiwan has lost the backup role because he had a pitch tossed into his facemask. Really? One play gets you taken out of RB2?
So what's the deal? Who is McFaddens handcuff??
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 3,458.00
I think the correct answer is both. If McFadden goes down it will probably be a time share situation. I'd give the slight nod to Goodson getting more touches since he has somewhat of a track record from his time at Carolina.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 38,425.10
he doesn't have one. seriously. cuffing DMC is a wasted roster space.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,892.46
Don't keep either of them on your roster. If and when McFadden gets hurt, Oakland will most likely take a RBBC approach. And neither Goodson nor Jones are good enough to provide you with enough production to warrant a roster spot. Some "handcuffs" really aren't worth the roster space (Felix Jones also comes to mind).
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,746.70
illnoise80 wrote:Don't keep either of them on your roster. If and when McFadden gets hurt, Oakland will most likely take a RBBC approach. And neither Goodson nor Jones are good enough to provide you with enough production to warrant a roster spot. Some "handcuffs" really aren't worth the roster space (Felix Jones also comes to mind).

I agree about the Oakland situation.

As a DeMarco owner, however, I still think Felix could be usable during bye weeks if DeMarco misses a game.

Also depends on your bench size. There are no hot RBs on my waiver wire that would be more worthy of a roster spot than Felix.

Though now that I think about it, there are a couple WRs who might be worth dropping him for.

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,446.14
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
illnoise80 wrote:Don't keep either of them on your roster. If and when McFadden gets hurt, Oakland will most likely take a RBBC approach. And neither Goodson nor Jones are good enough to provide you with enough production to warrant a roster spot. Some "handcuffs" really aren't worth the roster space (Felix Jones also comes to mind).

As a DeMarco owner, however, I still think Felix could be usable during bye weeks if DeMarco misses a game.

Also depends on your bench size. There are no hot RBs on my waiver wire that would be more worthy of a roster spot than Felix.

Though now that I think about it, there are a couple WRs who might be worth dropping him for.

Agreed! As a Felix owner I thought about dropping him but using your logic I'm going to hang on and see what happens.

QB- Rodgers, Taylor
RB- C. Michael, TJ Yeldon, Spiller, T.Coleman, D.johnson
WR-B. Marshall, M.Evans, M. Bryant, K. Aiken
TE- Barnnidge, Ebron

Jamal Charles injury killed my team :F
Megalodon
md2002 wrote:

Agreed! As a Felix owner I thought about dropping him but using your logic I'm going to hang on and see what happens.

You're not a DeMarco owner, so you probably should drop him for an extra WR. Why only three WRs on your roster?

Bortles, Jameis
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

SandShark
Sand$: 202.28
Man. I would not feel comfortable not having one of them on my roster if DMC goes down.
I don't see Palmer's ragarm beating too many teams. I think they have to feed the RB position to have any shot.
I do want to free up a spot to pick up Andre Roberts, buuuut....
I'm hanging onto Turbin and I don't want to dump DMC's backup. Whoever it turns out to be.

1 point PPR

QB Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
WR Wes Welker (NE - WR)
WR Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
RB Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
RB Doug Martin (TB - RB)
TE Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
W/R/T Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
K Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
DEF Green Bay (GB - DEF)
BN Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
BN Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
BN Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB)
BN Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB)
BN Brandon LaFell (Car - WR)
BN Robert Turbin (Sea - RB)
BN Taiwan Jones (Oak - RB)
SandShark
Sand$: 208.58
getdownmmmkay wrote:he doesn't have one. seriously. cuffing DMC is a wasted roster space.

This. Completely.

McFaddan himself averaged 2.1 YPC on Monday night....I doubt his backup is worth owning.
Megalodon
Liquidity wrote:Man. I would not feel comfortable not having one of them on my roster if DMC goes down.
I don't see Palmer's ragarm beating too many teams. I think they have to feed the RB position to have any shot.
I do want to free up a spot to pick up Andre Roberts, buuuut....
I'm hanging onto Turbin and I don't want to dump DMC's backup. Whoever it turns out to be.

1 point PPR

QB Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
WR Wes Welker (NE - WR)
WR Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
RB Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
RB Doug Martin (TB - RB)
TE Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
W/R/T Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
K Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
DEF Green Bay (GB - DEF)
BN Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
BN Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
BN Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB)
BN Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB)
BN Brandon LaFell (Car - WR)
BN Robert Turbin (Sea - RB)
BN Taiwan Jones (Oak - RB)

I agree with keeping Turbin as a lottery ticket.

But you might be better served trying to bolster your RB depth now so you have a better option than Taiwan if McFadden gets another boo-boo on his foot. Or you could drop him for another WR.

Bortles, Jameis
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Whale Shark
Sand$: 521.98

/thread

.5PPR
QB:Ben,Dalton,Taylor
RB:Lewis,Gore,L.Murray,M.Jones,Andrews,Michael,D.Cobb
WR:A.Brown,ODB,Green,J.Brown
TE:Olsen,Gates

PPR
QB:Brady
RB:AP,Hyde,CJA,Ellington,Riddick
WR:Sanders,J.Jones,Maclin,J.Brown,Jeffery
TE:Clay
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,446.14
md2002 wrote:

You're not a DeMarco owner, so you probably should drop him for an extra WR. Why only three WRs on your roster?

The main reason is that I'm a RB whore. The explanation is as follows. I drafted Tate as a keeper next year since he is going to be a free agent. Unless Foster goes down I don't see much use for him this year. Basically he's a Rb who wont be any use to me until next year. I liked Jackson and Charles so I drafted them. I then took Benson next as my RB 3. I still don't know why but I grabbed F.Jones thinking he may have a chance to split carries or in case of injury to DeMarco. Then I grabbed Morris as a 17th round pick. I thought long and hard about a WR instead of Felix during the draft but I went with Felix. In hindsight I should have gone with another WR but didn't. We HAVE to have a roster with 2 Kickers, 2 Defenses, and 2 TE's... I do need a WR though, and hope to pick one up when one is worth picking up. For now I'm hanging on to him. I have 1st waiver priority so I'm waiting it out.

QB- Rodgers, Taylor
RB- C. Michael, TJ Yeldon, Spiller, T.Coleman, D.johnson
WR-B. Marshall, M.Evans, M. Bryant, K. Aiken
TE- Barnnidge, Ebron

Jamal Charles injury killed my team :F
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,521.66
I actually like Taiwan Jones but I imagine he won't be given a real opportunity to shine due to rbbc and seniority with goodson (could be decent in PPR by the way week 1 looked, given his hands too). I actually think the backup will be more involved/productive than people think and will be watching it closely throughout the year.

Bottom-Dweller League 34 10-3 Lost in Finals
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB L Bell, L Murray, Gio, Denard
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Vjax
TE Julius, Fleener
K Barth
DEF Rams

Griffmo wrote:the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,811.07
As a McFadden owner and Raiders fan, I think Goodson would receive the most carries in case of disaster, but I don't think he's worth rostering. Oakland's offense looked awful Monday night, and the return of Moore will only help so much. Only a supremely talented RB like McFadden has a chance for consistent value at RB on that team.

And I'm surprised to see Reece not at all considered in this discussion.
Megalodon
Apes wrote:As a McFadden owner and Raiders fan, I think Goodson would receive the most carries in case of disaster, but I don't think he's worth rostering. Oakland's offense looked awful Monday night, and the return of Moore will only help so much. Only a supremely talented RB like McFadden has a chance for consistent value at RB on that team.

And I'm surprised to see Reece not at all considered in this discussion.

Reece is a talented player, but can he play tailback?

If so, he'd be their best tailback behind McFadden.

Bortles, Jameis
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK