FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 13:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Value of Stephen Hill
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:41 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 642
Sand$: 1368
Donate
So I picked up Hill in Free Agency and I think he has a chance to produce some big numbers this week. I know that it was just one game for Sanchez but he looked good for the first time in a while and I get the feeling he has a better overall connection with Hill then any other WR on the team. This pick up makes Hill my WR 4 after Blackmon.

This week I'm going to start Hill over Blackmon as I'm not sure how much the injury played into last weeks game and I get the feeling that Houston has a very good secondary. Needless to say I think Blackmon breaks out at some point and it could be this weekend but I'm just not sure when that will be but if happens this weekend then I could very well have him starting every week from here on.

Also, I heard that Hill had some type of stomach virus during last weeks game and was throwing up on the side lines which the makes the pick that much more assuring.


Last edited by Fantasy 247 on Wed 09.12.2012, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:44 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14693
Sand$: 37760
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Trade one or (preferably) both if they produce good games this week.

I have no faith at all in either the Jags or Jets being consistently effective passing teams.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:45 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.30.2008, 20:46
Posts: 1701
Sand$: 4383
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - 6X SuperBowl Champs!
pit.gif
Hill is still a FA in our league...just not enough faith in Sanchez or the Jets offense in general.

_________________
"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now." (Coslet)
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." (Lombardi)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:46 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
So I picked up Hill in Free Agency and I think he has a chance to produce some big numbers this week. I know that it was just one game for Sanchez but he looked good for the first time in a while and I get the feeling he has a better overall connection with Hill then any other WR on the team. This pick up makes Hill my WR 4 after Blackmon.

This week I'm going to start Hill over Blackmon as I'm not sure how much the injury played into last weeks game and I get the feeling that Houston has a very good secondary. Needless to say I think Blackmon breaks out at some point and it could be this weekend but I'm just not sure when that will be but if happens this weekend then I could very well have him starting every week from here on.


Blackmon had trouble getting open against the vikings. Not great news for him. because I saw the game even to the point I was at the game and saw the entire coverage and not just the TV blurbs I can comment on this I guess?

I didn't see anything but the stat lines and highlights of Steven Hill so my information can be taken with a grain of salt. what it did show me is Hill had DB's backs to the ball and his hands were working. So I would consider Hill a better start then Blackmon going into week 2

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:47 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 09.17.2005, 10:34
Posts: 2830
Sand$: 6325
Donate
Location: The Good Land
gb.gif
I'm going over who to pick up on waivers this week myself. In my standard (non PPR) league I'm torn between Hill, Andre Roberts, and Donald Jones. Hill is not only a rookie but playing on an offense that is not known for passing. His numbers will probably be inconsistent at best. With Blackmon, this could be his week, as I don't think he will be very consistent either. Go with your gut, but don't just go chasing points, that never works.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:49 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 642
Sand$: 1368
Donate
badgasman9 wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
So I picked up Hill in Free Agency and I think he has a chance to produce some big numbers this week. I know that it was just one game for Sanchez but he looked good for the first time in a while and I get the feeling he has a better overall connection with Hill then any other WR on the team. This pick up makes Hill my WR 4 after Blackmon.

This week I'm going to start Hill over Blackmon as I'm not sure how much the injury played into last weeks game and I get the feeling that Houston has a very good secondary. Needless to say I think Blackmon breaks out at some point and it could be this weekend but I'm just not sure when that will be but if happens this weekend then I could very well have him starting every week from here on.


Blackmon had trouble getting open against the vikings. Not great news for him. because I saw the game even to the point I was at the game and saw the entire coverage and not just the TV blurbs I can comment on this I guess?

I didn't see anything but the stat lines and highlights of Steven Hill so my information can be taken with a grain of salt. what it did show me is Hill had DB's backs to the ball and his hands were working. So I would consider Hill a better start then Blackmon going into week 2


I wonder why he had so much trouble with the Vikings last week? He looked really good against the Ravens when Reed was covering him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 15:55 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 03.28.2008, 14:43
Posts: 17052
Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
So I picked up Hill in Free Agency and I think he has a chance to produce some big numbers this week. I know that it was just one game for Sanchez but he looked good for the first time in a while and I get the feeling he has a better overall connection with Hill then any other WR on the team. This pick up makes Hill my WR 4 after Blackmon.

This week I'm going to start Hill over Blackmon as I'm not sure how much the injury played into last weeks game and I get the feeling that Houston has a very good secondary. Needless to say I think Blackmon breaks out at some point and it could be this weekend but I'm just not sure when that will be but if happens this weekend then I could very well have him starting every week from here on.


Blackmon had trouble getting open against the vikings. Not great news for him. because I saw the game even to the point I was at the game and saw the entire coverage and not just the TV blurbs I can comment on this I guess?

I didn't see anything but the stat lines and highlights of Steven Hill so my information can be taken with a grain of salt. what it did show me is Hill had DB's backs to the ball and his hands were working. So I would consider Hill a better start then Blackmon going into week 2


I wonder why he had so much trouble with the Vikings last week? He looked really good against the Ravens when Reed was covering him.


I don't know. He seemed to never shed either Winfield or Cook and was man to man on them more then once. marcedes lewis drew Raymond Mistral once he became unstoppable on coverage.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:16 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.05.2010, 16:18
Posts: 418
Sand$: 1032
Donate
ind.gif
I'm thinking of dropping Floyd to pick him up since Brown will return eventually and Meachem will get more involved as the season progresses

Might as well take a flier now while he's still available

*edit - I thought I would land Cobb for sure with the 2nd waiver pick. I thought the owner before me was targeting Morris #-o

Now it's between Hill or McCluster for me

_________________
Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
QB: Freeman-E. Manning
RB: Rice-Ridley-ADP-Bradshaw-Hillman
WR: Austin-Decker-D. Moore
TE: Gates
K: Bryant
D: CIN-NYJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:23 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14693
Sand$: 37760
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
hakunamatata wrote:
I'm thinking of dropping Floyd to pick him up since Brown will return eventually and Meachem will get more involved as the season progresses

Might as well take a flier now while he's still available

*edit - I thought I would land Cobb for sure with the 2nd waiver pick. I thought the owner before me was targeting Morris #-o

Now it's between Hill or McCluster for me


I'd much rather stick with Floyd.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:26 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 9776
Sand$: 21766
Donate
sd.gif
hard 10 wrote:
hakunamatata wrote:
I'm thinking of dropping Floyd to pick him up since Brown will return eventually and Meachem will get more involved as the season progresses

Might as well take a flier now while he's still available

*edit - I thought I would land Cobb for sure with the 2nd waiver pick. I thought the owner before me was targeting Morris #-o

Now it's between Hill or McCluster for me


I'd much rather stick with Floyd.


x2, far better passing attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:28 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2011, 11:56
Posts: 1665
Sand$: 2816
Donate
phi.gif
I know nothing about this really....but could Hill be similar to DT last year once Tebow stepped in? Inconsistent but big play threat if they're not afraid to turn it loose on occasion despite the crappy offense...

_________________
Bottom-Dweller League 34 9-2
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB Gio, Bell, Denard, L Murray, Herron
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:34 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.05.2010, 16:18
Posts: 418
Sand$: 1032
Donate
ind.gif
Thanks tank! :thumbright:

_________________
Standard 12-teamer

Week 12 Starters:
QB: Freeman-E. Manning
RB: Rice-Ridley-ADP-Bradshaw-Hillman
WR: Austin-Decker-D. Moore
TE: Gates
K: Bryant
D: CIN-NYJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 16:34 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 11679
Sand$: 25646
Donate
sf.gif
Hill has more upside and will probably be used more as the season goes on. Wouldn't want to start either nut id go with Hills upside with his size and speed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 17:05 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 9083
Sand$: 16019
Donate
Fantasy 247 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
So I picked up Hill in Free Agency and I think he has a chance to produce some big numbers this week. I know that it was just one game for Sanchez but he looked good for the first time in a while and I get the feeling he has a better overall connection with Hill then any other WR on the team. This pick up makes Hill my WR 4 after Blackmon.

This week I'm going to start Hill over Blackmon as I'm not sure how much the injury played into last weeks game and I get the feeling that Houston has a very good secondary. Needless to say I think Blackmon breaks out at some point and it could be this weekend but I'm just not sure when that will be but if happens this weekend then I could very well have him starting every week from here on.


Blackmon had trouble getting open against the vikings. Not great news for him. because I saw the game even to the point I was at the game and saw the entire coverage and not just the TV blurbs I can comment on this I guess?

I didn't see anything but the stat lines and highlights of Steven Hill so my information can be taken with a grain of salt. what it did show me is Hill had DB's backs to the ball and his hands were working. So I would consider Hill a better start then Blackmon going into week 2


I wonder why he had so much trouble with the Vikings last week? He looked really good against the Ravens when Reed was covering him.


Reed is a 34-year-old safety.

_________________
12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Stafford
Hill, Latavius, Sims, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks, McKinnon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 09.12.2012, 18:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 9776
Sand$: 21766
Donate
sd.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
Reed is a 34-year-old safety.


34-year old that is arguably one of the greatest safeties (if not the greatest) to play the game :wink:

Stephen Hills potential is grounded w/ the Jets low octane passing O or I'd have no problem endorsing him


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apes, Bing [Bot], birddog, CycloneJ56, Hidosugi, mobsters, RotoMoto, tderr, The Masked Marauder, theHometeam, und2006 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group