HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,378.00
Anyone else think that J. Flacco could finally make the jump to being a top 8-9 fantasy QB? Obviously Brees/Brady/Rogers are on top, with Stafford close. I think we're seeing Matt Ryan blossom with all of his weapons, and i'd still put Peyton unquestionably above him. Eli and Romo are probably better as well (and will finish with better stats), but I could see Flacco slipping right into that 9 spot. I'm not sure I'd be more excited to have Rivers, and I think I'd pretty clearly prefer him to Big Ben.

Am I just reading too much into things, or does anyone else think he has the potential to put up big numbers. He was finding a lot of people last night (although not Ray Rice out of the backfield), and the receiving corps (with the emergence of Pitta) is pretty good. Anyone else as high on him as I am?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,668.46
RaidersFan18 wrote:Anyone else think that J. Flacco could finally make the jump to being a top 8-9 fantasy QB? Obviously Brees/Brady/Rogers are on top, with Stafford close. I think we're seeing Matt Ryan blossom with all of his weapons, and i'd still put Peyton unquestionably above him. Eli and Romo are probably better as well (and will finish with better stats), but I could see Flacco slipping right into that 9 spot. I'm not sure I'd be more excited to have Rivers, and I think I'd pretty clearly prefer him to Big Ben.

Am I just reading too much into things, or does anyone else think he has the potential to put up big numbers. He was finding a lot of people last night (although not Ray Rice out of the backfield), and the receiving corps (with the emergence of Pitta) is pretty good. Anyone else as high on him as I am?

Yes. Very. Targeted Flacco and Cutler in all my leagues. Neither will crack Top 5, but both have a chance to crack Top 10 QB. Not bad for their ADP.
One negative is that both the Ravens and Bears Defense are so stout, which limits the 'shoot out's / playing from behind / garbage stats' that make guys like Stafford, Brees, Rivers, Romo much more valuable.

QB: Bortles,Winston/ WR: Dez, Sanders, Marshall, Mi Floyd, Funchess
RB: Murray, Miller, Ivory, Karlos, / Tye,Gilmore/ Denver
QB: Brady, Rivers / WR: Marsh, Cooks, Al.Rob, Mi Floyd
RB: CJ, Forte, Rawls, CJ, Ajayi, Hightower / Walker / GB,Bal
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,379.16
I think so.

My highly uneducated guess:

1) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Ryan
5) Stafford
6)Newton
7) Eli
8) Flacco/Peyton
9) Peyton/Flacco
10) Romo
11) Vick
12) Cutler
13)RG3

I think all of these guys will be good, and then theres a huge drop off. I am done putting rivers up there
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,663.40
I think its possible this season you'll see guys like Cutler & Flacco moving up in or close to the top 10, and guys like Eli, Vick, Newton, & Stafford dropping,
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
I don't think so. Hot start, but Flacco's no stranger to those. I'd like to see a few more games outta him like that before buying the hype.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,970.38
TheChamp wrote:I don't think so. Hot start, but Flacco's no stranger to those. I'd like to see a few more games outta him like that before buying the hype.

I agree. Pundits have been calling for a Flacco breakout season for 3 years now it seems. Yet he always finishes the year with a ~3500/20/12 statline.

Granted, passing games are on the rise around the league, so his numbers probably should go up, then again, a lot of guys numbers should go up for the same reason. He did look good against Cincy though, and that's a promising sign, but one game projections are silly as everyone knows. Unless you're projecting Weeden and Tannehill to be benched after week 4 or 5 ;)

Megalodon
Sand$: 7,731.30
Ask me again in week 8

Favorite films of 2015
1.Spotlight
2.Sicario
3.Ex Machina
4.Star Wars:The Force Awakens
5.The Martian
6.Mad Max Fury Road
7.Bridge of Spies
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,229.78
TheChamp wrote:I don't think so. Hot start, but Flacco's no stranger to those. I'd like to see a few more games outta him like that before buying the hype.

Ditto. Once teams start getting film on Flacco and his no-huddling, the pressure is back on him to continue to produce. Can he do it? THAT is why they play the games!

SCS Wolfpack

Bortles, Roethlisberger
DeAngelo, C. West, Hill, Ware
Dez, Diggs, J. Brown, Martavis
Watson, Rodgers
Bailey, Hopkins
Broncos, Seahawks

12-team / .5PPR / 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST
Sand$: 102,706.30
With the evolution of his weapons around him it's more likely this year than recent ones, but I'm not sold. One game doesn't make it a trend, I'll buy in when it's too late.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Megalodon
Sand$: 56,032.36
OarChambo wrote:With the evolution of his weapons around him it's more likely this year than recent ones, but I'm not sold. One game doesn't make it a trend, I'll buy in when it's too late.

This is the truth. The Ravens as a team yo yo a lot. Last year he had a fantastic game 1 and a bad game week 2 in a Ravens loss. I'm not selling the farm for him just yet, I got him at QB13 as of now.

Image Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 7,731.30
I think the hiring of Jim Caldwell as thier qb coach has helped Flacco a lot.

Favorite films of 2015
1.Spotlight
2.Sicario
3.Ex Machina
4.Star Wars:The Force Awakens
5.The Martian
6.Mad Max Fury Road
7.Bridge of Spies
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,970.38
OarChambo wrote:With the evolution of his weapons around him it's more likely this year than recent ones, but I'm not sold. One game doesn't make it a trend, I'll buy in when it's too late.

Other than Torry Smith what evolution are you suggesting exactly? Ray Rice has been there forever, Boldin has been there for 3 years now, Pitta, ... Smith, ...

Flaccos weapons usually are not the issue, Flacco making bad reads (or no reads) has been the issue.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,065.90
On a related note, I have been picking up Justin Tucker everywhere. The Ravens will move the ball better this year, with the worst-case scenario being they go back to their old ways of settling for FG's and letting the D win games.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 520.04
ZebraTank47 wrote:I think so.

My highly uneducated guess:

1) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Ryan
5) Stafford
6)Newton
7) Eli
8) Flacco/Peyton
9) Peyton/Flacco
10) Romo
11) Vick
12) Cutler
13)RG3

I think all of these guys will be good, and then theres a huge drop off. I am done putting rivers up there

No Rivers?
SandShark
Sand$: 120.00
So I see alot of people not high on him after week one but high on Ryan after week one, doesn't make much sense to me.