Jordy Nelson: GTD Week 9

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,880.26
No 2012 threads yet for Jordy Nelson. Thoughts/projections for Mr. Nelson this season?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,765.66
gbill2004 wrote:No 2012 threads yet for Jordy Nelson. Thoughts/projections for Mr. Nelson this season?

Drafted him in the 4th, even considered him in the 3rd. I know he's in the same boat as Cruz in regards to "oh it was a fluke," but it's hard to deny 16 games of stat stuffing, and Rodgers throwing too him doesn't hurt either. Not sure what the deal is with Greg Jennings, but if he misses time I could see a good boost in Nelson's numbers, just look at those last 3 games he had last season when Jennings was out. Was a little disappointed with his first game, but it was against the niners, and 60 yards isn't flashy, but that's his floor IMO.

Season projection: 70/1300/13

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,521.66
Throw out the last game...It was Flynn....throw out the games Jennings was out...unless you are wondering what life would be like in a Jennings-less offense....add in the fact that Cobb is emerging and Finley will be used more. This adds up to me having thought he was overrated coming into the season. If something happens with jennings, it's an obvious boost, but I think Nelson is just a cog and TDs vary year to year.

Bottom-Dweller League 34 10-3 Lost in Finals
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB L Bell, L Murray, Gio, Denard
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Vjax
TE Julius, Fleener
K Barth
DEF Rams

Griffmo wrote:the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1,872.36
Jordy will see one of his best stat lines of the year tonight. Enjoy!

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,521.66
5XChamps wrote:Jordy will see one of his best stat lines of the year tonight. Enjoy!

Yep, without Jennings...he's a solid play. In the three games without Jennings last year, Nelson put up 17-306-5.

Bottom-Dweller League 34 10-3 Lost in Finals
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB L Bell, L Murray, Gio, Denard
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Vjax
TE Julius, Fleener
K Barth
DEF Rams

Griffmo wrote:the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity
Whale Shark
Sand$: 4,084.24
yes indeed I could definitely use a couple Jordy-yard TDs.

the bag's on you motherF'er!

QBs = Luck, Stafford
RBs = M. Ingram, McFadden, John Stewart, L. Blount, J. Langford
WRs = Julio, D. Hopkins, BMarsh, John Brown
TEs = J. Thomas
Def = Bucs Def, Lions Def
K = the more you Gano
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,671.42
I expect Nelson to put up good numbers on a weekly basis. As for TD's nobody catches the deep passes like he does on that team. Nelson is the primary deep target. Still say his floor is 6 TD's and his ceiling is well above 10 TDs.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,563.00
2 games since the last post in this thread (vs Bears w/o Jennings and @ Seahawks w Jennings) and still no TD for last year's TD behemoth.

Optimism was still aplenty back then. Anybody changing their minds on Jordy yet?

2012 Tiger Shark 14 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Points Champion (12 Team PPR)

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
zoomie89 wrote:2 games since the last post in this thread (vs Bears w/o Jennings and @ Seahawks w Jennings) and still no TD for last year's TD behemoth.

Optimism was still aplenty back then. Anybody changing their minds on Jordy yet?

Well so far Rodgers has only thrown 3 TDs through 3 games. Jordy should pick it up as they play softer defenses.

If you're expecting last year's #s, you'll definitely be dissapointed though. I don't think he hits double digits.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,379.16
I have both jennings and jordy, I am not sure who to start. I have d thomas and harvin definitely starting them. So I must choose between jennings and jordy
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,563.00
TheChamp wrote:
zoomie89 wrote:2 games since the last post in this thread (vs Bears w/o Jennings and @ Seahawks w Jennings) and still no TD for last year's TD behemoth.

Well so far Rodgers has only thrown 3 TDs through 3 games. Jordy should pick it up as they play softer defenses.

If you're expecting last year's #s, you'll definitely be dissapointed though. I don't think he hits double digits.

EXPECTATIONS. CHUH-CHING!

I think I need to check mine at the door. I drafted him 32nd overall as my WR1. And therefore I think Im stuck in the mindset of expecting him to produce at WR1 level. Even when I dont necessarily need him to put up WR1 #'s because I have Harvin already doing that (drafted at 42). Keep in mind its a PPR league...which does dilute Jordy's value some relatively.

2012 Tiger Shark 14 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Playoffs Champion (12 Team PPR)
2013 Blue Shark 7 Points Champion (12 Team PPR)

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 327.00
ZebraTank47 wrote:I have both jennings and jordy, I am not sure who to start. I have d thomas and harvin definitely starting them. So I must choose between jennings and jordy

I think they'll both put up good numbers this week, Saints defense is downright awful right now. Personally, I'd lean ever so slightly towards Nelson. He seems to have his best games at home and he's going up against a team that seems to love giving up the huge play which is Nelson's bread and butter.

Tough to go wrong with either this week, but I prefer to roll with the slightly higher upside.

Good luck.
SandShark
Sand$: 151.00
He really burned my rump this week...as i needed 3 points to win ...and he only got 2 catches...

He will be riding pine untill further notice.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 556.00
I just traded Kyle Rudolph and Brandon Lafell to buy Nelson low. He gets to reinforce my weak WRs of Harvin, Lloyd and Avery.
Chum
Sand$: 6.00
I think people tend to forget that Jordy came on very strong during the Super Bowl run from the previous season. To me this just confirms that last year was less of a fluke and more just Jordy progressing in that potent GB offense.

It has been a bit of a slow start, but the whole team is off to a slow start. I except Jordys production to rise as I do Aaron Rodgers. It's been 3 games against 3 very good defenses. ](*,) Not time to worry just yet.