Fitz no longer a FF Stud?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003
Sand$: 1,018.00
The guy is a beast. But, if he doesn't get fed, the beast will never eat. Its killing me!

I'm thinking soon, he'll no longer be considered a FF starter. :Drink)
_______________________________________

12 Team League
(1) QB -
(2) RB -
(3) WR -
(1) TE -
(1) D/ST -
(1) K -
(2) Flex -
Megalodon
Posts: 17323
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 22,132.42
ducksquat wrote:The guy is a beast. But, if he doesn't get fed, the beast will never eat. Its killing me!

I'm thinking soon, he'll no longer be considered a FF starter. :Drink)


Hold your horses there pardner! :)

Yes Kolb isnt the answer. In fact in an industry draft i said to the guy picking Fitz (in the late 2nd i might add) that youd better hope Skelton starts. behind that line Kolb wont look good - tho tbf not many Qbs would ...

But that NEP secondary (whilst putrid imho) has players that can apply pressure in the front 7 of a VERY high caliber: Mayo, Spike, Hightower, Wilfork and Jones. No time in the pocket = no time to develop plays. Why do you think their TE had a banner day, as well as their secondary WR on shorter routes.

Last time i saw an average QB behind a line that bad it ended whatever career he may arguably have ever had (Edwards @ Bills).

He'll be fine, but his consistency is going to be alot more fluid than it used to be. If ARI dont draft OL early and often its going to be a long couple of seasons in the desert im afraid :(
_______________________________________

Griff is a demi-god. That is all.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37674
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 9,788.69
He will NOT be fine. If you can sucker anyone stupid enough to take him off your hands, do so. 1 catch for 4 yards against one of the NFL's worst defenses == he won't do much of anything against anyone else.

I'd suggest moving him immediately and benching him for anyone else in the interim.

He's absolutely no longer ASYS material.
_______________________________________

OAK 34 PIT 31
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37674
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 9,788.69
I'd add Colston to this list too. 2 weeks in a row he's been involved in shootouts and done almost nothing both games. There are many other WRs who will be better starts.
_______________________________________

OAK 34 PIT 31
Megalodon
Posts: 17323
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 22,132.42
Blzbba wrote:He will NOT be fine. If you can sucker anyone stupid enough to take him off your hands, do so. 1 catch for 4 yards against one of the NFL's worst defenses == he won't do much of anything against anyone else.

I'd suggest moving him immediately and benching him for anyone else in the interim.

He's absolutely no longer ASYS material.


Who said ASYS here? :-k

He said no longer considered a starter & talking about benching him indefinitely ("no longer considered a starter")?

So no good in the RZ? Not sure there are many better at running a successful fade on the GL.

I havent drafted him any redrafts for precisely this reason, he'll fluctuate too much and not often enough but in dynas theres no way id sell. Sit tight, let the OL get retooled. He'll be fine for years yet.
_______________________________________

Griff is a demi-god. That is all.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37674
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 9,788.69
jamcutpost wrote:
Blzbba wrote:He will NOT be fine. If you can sucker anyone stupid enough to take him off your hands, do so. 1 catch for 4 yards against one of the NFL's worst defenses == he won't do much of anything against anyone else.

I'd suggest moving him immediately and benching him for anyone else in the interim.

He's absolutely no longer ASYS material.


Who said ASYS here? :-k

He said no longer considered a starter & talking about benching him indefinitely ("no longer considered a starter")?

So no good in the RZ? Not sure there are many better at running a successful fade on the GL.

I havent drafted him any redrafts for precisely this reason, he'll fluctuate too much and not often enough but in dynas theres no way id sell. Sit tight, let the OL get retooled. He'll be fine for years yet.


for those in redraft leagues, abort! abort! abort!

I don't judge whether or not to start a player in 2012 based on what he did in years past. He'll be good for 2-3 games this year - the rest of the time, he'll put up bum-worthy numbers.
_______________________________________

OAK 34 PIT 31
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8211
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 12,511.85
IMO Fitz has not been as effective since Boldin left for Baltimore. Looks like other FF owners are finally catching up with my way of thinking.
_______________________________________

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 68215
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 306,250.89
He's not a stud cuz kola is killing him and he's killing me! :evil:
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
Blue Shark
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009
Sand$: 1,653.38
Blzbba wrote:I'd add Colston to this list too. 2 weeks in a row he's been involved in shootouts and done almost nothing both games. There are many other WRs who will be better starts.


Completely agree- at this point I would rather have an Amendola because while not spectacular (except today), you can count on consistent points in PPR.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sat Nov 3, 2007
Sand$: 3,665.48
Pray for Skelton's fast recovery.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008
Sand$: 5,431.78
Hiker wrote:Pray for Skelton's fast recovery.

Or for Kolb to get hit by a bus... I kid I kid, mostly, I mean a mini van would be enough.
User avatar
Tiger Shark
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Aug 9, 2005
Sand$: 600.00
Umm... not to speak out of turn, but... he's an awesome athlete, but he hasn't been more than an average fantasy WR since Warner left. Why he's still a top WR on lists on draft day, year after year, is a mystery to me.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44871
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,663.24
gimme beer wrote:Umm... not to speak out of turn, but... he's an awesome athlete, but he hasn't been more than an average fantasy WR since Warner left. Why he's still a top WR on lists on draft day, year after year, is a mystery to me.


He's finished 8th and 4th in WR scoring since Warner left, but whatever.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008
Sand$: 5,431.78
I only own him in a Dynasty, I wouldn't pay the price to take him in a redraft.

gimme beer wrote:Umm... not to speak out of turn, but... he's an awesome athlete, but he hasn't been more than an average fantasy WR since Woerner left. Why he's still a top WR on lists on draft day, year after year, is a mystery to me.

In my main league, 1 PPR, he finished 11th in 2010 and 7th in 2011 in WR total points scored. So to say he's only been average since Warner retired is a bit of a stretch IMO.

So this year has been a bit of a let down so far to be sure.
User avatar
Tiger Shark
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Aug 9, 2005
Sand$: 600.00
I stand corrected.

Not to infuriate the L Fitz crowd, but if he had a decent QB throwing to him over the years, he'd be off the charts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests