FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 20:28

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Greg Olsen
PostPosted: Sun 09.16.2012, 22:45 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
I feel like I have been lied to by that coaching staff of the Panthers. They were talking up some good spit about Olson being the next Graham and Gronk.....What a load of chit. If you were gonna use him as a blocker the whole season then why not come out and just say it? Olsen has ZERO fantasy value.

Post subject: Re: Greg Olsen
PostPosted: Sun 09.16.2012, 22:48 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2084
Donate
dal.gif
I agree. He has been replaced by Rudolph on my roster.

PostPosted: Sun 09.16.2012, 22:56 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3352
Donate
no.gif
Yes, this week he had no fantasy value.

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti

PostPosted: Sun 09.16.2012, 22:59 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
lsumc131 wrote:

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.

I would just like to know how he is going to put up Graham/Gronk like numbers as a blocker? Oh and by the way I disagree, if Olsen doesn't put up points against a team like the Saints then its over. I'm dropping him tomorrow. In this game he should have had at least 70 yards with a TD but instead the Panthers gotta feed a couple of useless half azz RBs.

PostPosted: Sun 09.16.2012, 23:12 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3352
Donate
no.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
lsumc131 wrote:

I would just like to know how he is going to put up Graham/Gronk like numbers as a blocker? Oh and by the way I disagree, if Olsen doesn't put up points against a team like the Saints then its over. I'm dropping him tomorrow. In this game he should have had at least 70 yards with a TD but instead the Panthers gotta feed a couple of useless half azz RBs.

I never said he would EVER put up Graham or Gronk numbers. I was responding to you saying he had no fantasy value. You have Rudolph!

Drop him

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 00:05 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1824
Donate
chi.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
lsumc131 wrote:

Well, he's not going to put up Graham/Gronk numbers. Sure, coaches say all sorts of ridiculous things about their players, but if you seriously believed that line of bull then you need a headscan. And, while the Saints D does suck pretty hard in most areas, they actually do a good job of covering TEs. Why play to their only real defensive strength? I still think Olsen puts up serviceable numbers most games. It's only one game.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 09:39 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 516
Donate
nyg.gif
I think it's simply a matter of Olsen not being relevant. He's in the pool of TEs with not enough upside to matter. If you think another guy is an upgrade, take a shot on him...it's not a risky decision.

With two weeks in the books, I dropped Olsen for Bennett simply because Bennett is a much bigger part of his offense. Once you're past Graham and Gronk, you're just looking for opportunity at the TE position.

WR:Brown,Green,Wallace,Floyd,Decker
TE:Olsen,Donnell

10team ppr
QB:Wilson
RB:Foster,McCoy,Jennings,B.Brown,Robinson
WR:Green,Hilton,Floyd,Randle,Hopkins
TE:Ertz

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 09:44 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3113
Donate
Thinking of picking up Oakland's TE or Rudolph (who someone dropped for some reason) over Olsen. Not sure yet though only because we get 10 moves all year in our league before you have to start paying for each move. I should have snatched up Pitta when I was going to last week, but all the Dickson talk scared me away and I missed out on him.

Might try trading for Davis or someone if I can though, I have keeper pieces I could theoretically move.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25116
Donate
ne.gif
I dropped Olsen for Pitta last night. So much for all that pre-season hype around Olsen and his breakout.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1719
Donate
cin.gif
Pretty much every coaching staff of every team said that their guy had the potential to be Graham/Gronk. It was a very common theme this offseason. Just like every white WR is the next Wes Welker.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25116
Donate
ne.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
Pretty much every coaching staff of every team said that their guy had the potential to be Graham/Gronk. It was a very common theme this offseason. Just like every white WR is the next Wes Welker.

Haha too true.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
olsen had a pretty big game the week before and so the saints had to respect that. only problem was that left things open for lafell.

not sure how it's going to be with the giants coming up this thursday. olsen might have to stay back and help block against that giant pass rush.

moving forward, tho, olsen will be a bigger part. probably not much more than a bye week filler because of how spread out the panthers game plan is, but still he should be doing more than this past week in most weeks.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:30 
Chum

Sand$: 72
Donate
I personally am not jumping off the Olsen bandwagon just yet. Unless you own Gronk, Graham or Davis, the TE position is so up and down each week. The Panthers will be facing some tougher competition against the run coming up which will free up Olsen to make some plays in the passing game, like game one with over five receptions and the potential to score a TD. Olsen will score his first TD at home on Thursday night against the Giants.

If you have't noticed yet, New Orleans DST is like swiss cheese this year as evidenced by the Redskins and Panthers RB's. Olsen will be needed against the Giants, Seahawks, Bears etc. when the run game has little room to roam.

Also, look at how much Fred Davis #'s have dropped off in a similar style offense as Carolina's.

PostPosted: Mon 09.17.2012, 10:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5042
Donate
kc.gif
I dropped him for Bennett. Which of course means it is the wrong move.