Greg Olsen

Post Reply  
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012
Sand$: 1,671.42
I feel like I have been lied to by that coaching staff of the Panthers. They were talking up some good spit about Olson being the next Graham and Gronk.....What a load of chit. If you were gonna use him as a blocker the whole season then why not come out and just say it? Olsen has ZERO fantasy value.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007
Sand$: 2,100.46
I agree. He has been replaced by Rudolph on my roster.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010
Sand$: 5,046.74
Yes, this week he had no fantasy value.

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012
Sand$: 1,671.42
lsumc131 wrote:Yes, this week he had no fantasy value.

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.


I would just like to know how he is going to put up Graham/Gronk like numbers as a blocker? Oh and by the way I disagree, if Olsen doesn't put up points against a team like the Saints then its over. I'm dropping him tomorrow. In this game he should have had at least 70 yards with a TD but instead the Panthers gotta feed a couple of useless half azz RBs.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010
Sand$: 5,046.74
Fantasy 247 wrote:
lsumc131 wrote:Yes, this week he had no fantasy value.

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.


I would just like to know how he is going to put up Graham/Gronk like numbers as a blocker? Oh and by the way I disagree, if Olsen doesn't put up points against a team like the Saints then its over. I'm dropping him tomorrow. In this game he should have had at least 70 yards with a TD but instead the Panthers gotta feed a couple of useless half azz RBs.


I never said he would EVER put up Graham or Gronk numbers. I was responding to you saying he had no fantasy value. You have Rudolph!

Drop him
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011
Sand$: 1,916.50
Fantasy 247 wrote:
lsumc131 wrote:Yes, this week he had no fantasy value.

Last week 6 recpts for 56 yds on 7 targets. Sometimes the gameplan just doesn't call your number, that's all. He is still on a good offense and Cam does look to him often enough to hold onto.

I think Rudolph cracks top 10 TE this year, though. He may be the better starting option going forward, especially with the redzone looks he has been getting.

But I wouldn't go as far to say Olsen has NO value. I would assign No fantasy value to a TE like L Pope.


I would just like to know how he is going to put up Graham/Gronk like numbers as a blocker? Oh and by the way I disagree, if Olsen doesn't put up points against a team like the Saints then its over. I'm dropping him tomorrow. In this game he should have had at least 70 yards with a TD but instead the Panthers gotta feed a couple of useless half azz RBs.


Well, he's not going to put up Graham/Gronk numbers. Sure, coaches say all sorts of ridiculous things about their players, but if you seriously believed that line of bull then you need a headscan. And, while the Saints D does suck pretty hard in most areas, they actually do a good job of covering TEs. Why play to their only real defensive strength? I still think Olsen puts up serviceable numbers most games. It's only one game.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1477
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008
Sand$: 548.64
I think it's simply a matter of Olsen not being relevant. He's in the pool of TEs with not enough upside to matter. If you think another guy is an upgrade, take a shot on him...it's not a risky decision.

With two weeks in the books, I dropped Olsen for Bennett simply because Bennett is a much bigger part of his offense. Once you're past Graham and Gronk, you're just looking for opportunity at the TE position.
_______________________________________

.5PPR
QB:Rivers,Palmer
RB:Forte,Foster,M.Jones,Ware,Coleman,Booker,Dixon
WR:A.Brown,ODB,Matthews,Parker,Moncrief
TE:Reed

PPR
QB:Brady
RB:Bell,Freeman,Bernard,Howard
WR:Green,Landry,Maclin,Fuller,J. Brown,Enunwa
TE:Brate
Great White Shark
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008
Sand$: 3,248.96
Thinking of picking up Oakland's TE or Rudolph (who someone dropped for some reason) over Olsen. Not sure yet though only because we get 10 moves all year in our league before you have to start paying for each move. I should have snatched up Pitta when I was going to last week, but all the Dickson talk scared me away and I missed out on him.

Might try trading for Davis or someone if I can though, I have keeper pieces I could theoretically move.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17850
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,592.46
I dropped Olsen for Pitta last night. So much for all that pre-season hype around Olsen and his breakout.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6201
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 10,662.78
Pretty much every coaching staff of every team said that their guy had the potential to be Graham/Gronk. It was a very common theme this offseason. Just like every white WR is the next Wes Welker.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17850
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,592.46
bunnywafer wrote:Pretty much every coaching staff of every team said that their guy had the potential to be Graham/Gronk. It was a very common theme this offseason. Just like every white WR is the next Wes Welker.


Haha too true.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,506.00
olsen had a pretty big game the week before and so the saints had to respect that. only problem was that left things open for lafell.

not sure how it's going to be with the giants coming up this thursday. olsen might have to stay back and help block against that giant pass rush.

moving forward, tho, olsen will be a bigger part. probably not much more than a bye week filler because of how spread out the panthers game plan is, but still he should be doing more than this past week in most weeks.
_______________________________________

Image
Chum
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010
Sand$: 72.00
I personally am not jumping off the Olsen bandwagon just yet. Unless you own Gronk, Graham or Davis, the TE position is so up and down each week. The Panthers will be facing some tougher competition against the run coming up which will free up Olsen to make some plays in the passing game, like game one with over five receptions and the potential to score a TD. Olsen will score his first TD at home on Thursday night against the Giants.

If you have't noticed yet, New Orleans DST is like swiss cheese this year as evidenced by the Redskins and Panthers RB's. Olsen will be needed against the Giants, Seahawks, Bears etc. when the run game has little room to roam.

Also, look at how much Fred Davis #'s have dropped off in a similar style offense as Carolina's.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3817
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 17,251.50
I dropped him for Bennett. Which of course means it is the wrong move.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Fantasysharksftw, wmharley and 1 guest