Top Week 3 WW Defense?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,271.86
Is it too early to discuss the best defenses for Week 3? Obviously I'm playing the waiver wire here and went with CIN this week, but I'm not keeping them against WASH.

Right now I'm liking DET @ TEN. The Titans have been awful on offense. DET hasn't been great either though.

Another possible matchup is NYJ @ MIA. But, its the Jets, its in Miami, Miami looked better today.

What does the tank think for Week 3?
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Whale Shark
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009
Sand$: 2,758.06
I'm going with Arizona vs Eagles. I really have no explanation why. They just always seem to produce.
_______________________________________

12 Team .5 PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Dalton (streaming)
RB: Forsett, D.Murray, Woodhead, Bernard, Mathews, David Johnson
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Matthews, Parker
TE: Kelce, Eifert
Def: Jets
K: Franks (streaming)
Great White Shark
Posts: 7283
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010
Sand$: 14,840.04
Buffalo @ CLE
Chum
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009
Sand$: 68.00
I like the Bills and Lions too. Jaguars @ Colts, either one could put up a low score. Not a whole lot of juicy match ups for possible WW D's for week 3.

I can't do much worse than the Raiders for week 2 :).
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 8,172.72
Jcb890 wrote:Is it too early to discuss the best defenses for Week 3? Obviously I'm playing the waiver wire here and went with CIN this week, but I'm not keeping them against WASH.

Right now I'm liking DET @ TEN. The Titans have been awful on offense. DET hasn't been great either though.

Another possible matchup is NYJ @ MIA. But, its the Jets, its in Miami, Miami looked better today.

What does the tank think for Week 3?


Hell no. In fact, we should be talking Week 4 right now because 3's probably been picked over. But...

These are the ones that might still be out there. DET @ TEN or PIT hosting OAK would be the best to me, but that's not there probably.

Best guesses:

1. Picked up Buffalo last week for their match up this week against the Browns. Giving it a little more thought because it's in Cleveland and the Browns showed a pulse yesterday. You can drop them afterwards, but they do have MIA/@IND/JAX/STL/SEA/MIA in Week's 11-16.

2. Miami. There's some potential here if the Jets offense turns back into a turd. Did well against Oakland yesterday.

3. How about IND hosting JAX? Jags suck. Averaging 3rd worse PPG right now.

Week 4?:

1. CIN hosting Jax, but most likely not on the wire.

2. ARI hosting MIA. Looking very stout.

Others?
_______________________________________

League of Titans Norse League
NFL Challenge 2015 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Whale Shark League 2
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10443
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,397.04
frooglepoopillion wrote:I'm going with Arizona vs Eagles. I really have no explanation why. They just always seem to produce.

It's not a bad pickup. Arizona D has looked pretty good and I can see them doing well. I may go that route too.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 8,172.72
Markulous wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:I'm going with Arizona vs Eagles. I really have no explanation why. They just always seem to produce.

It's not a bad pickup. Arizona D has looked pretty good and I can see them doing well. I may go that route too.


There's some goodness down the road...

Week 3: PHI (Think Vick torches them personally), but..
Week 4: MIA
Week 5: @STL
Week 6: BUF
Week 7: @MIN
_______________________________________

League of Titans Norse League
NFL Challenge 2015 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Whale Shark League 2
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5133
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 13,598.58
I was planning on using Buffalo vs Cleveland. But somehow the NY Jets were on the wire and are playing Miami. I dropped Cincinnati and added the NYJ.

Also on my wire:
Indy vs Jacksonville
New Orleans vs KC
Dallas vs TB
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,271.86
Just dropped CIN for NYJ, but I'm still on the fence about using DET instead since TEN has looked atrocious.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Whale Shark
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009
Sand$: 2,758.06
votingmachine wrote:I was planning on using Buffalo vs Cleveland. But somehow the NY Jets were on the wire and are playing Miami. I dropped Cincinnati and added the NYJ.

Also on my wire:
Indy vs Jacksonville
New Orleans vs KC
Dallas vs TB
I would not bet on the Jets this week. More often than not, Miami always finds ways to put up points against them and the Jets always play sloppy against the Phins. Indy would be my choice if those were the only options, but none of them look good.
_______________________________________

12 Team .5 PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Dalton (streaming)
RB: Forsett, D.Murray, Woodhead, Bernard, Mathews, David Johnson
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Matthews, Parker
TE: Kelce, Eifert
Def: Jets
K: Franks (streaming)
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,271.86
frooglepoopillion wrote:
votingmachine wrote:I was planning on using Buffalo vs Cleveland. But somehow the NY Jets were on the wire and are playing Miami. I dropped Cincinnati and added the NYJ.

Also on my wire:
Indy vs Jacksonville
New Orleans vs KC
Dallas vs TB
I would not bet on the Jets this week. More often than not, Miami always finds ways to put up points against them and the Jets always play sloppy against the Phins. Indy would be my choice if those were the only options, but none of them look good.


I already dropped NYJ's DEF for DET. I don't trust the NYJ offense and Miami always seems to be tough at home against AFC East opponents.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2011
Sand$: 492.00
Play Cincy again @ red hot Washington or pickup MIA vs NYJ ?? :-k
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,271.86
gstahl5 wrote:Play Cincy again @ red hot Washington or pickup MIA vs NYJ ?? :-k


I think Cincy @ WASH is an awful play this week. Looked good before they started playing games, but it doesn't look very good now.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008
Sand$: 1,571.86
frooglepoopillion wrote:I'm going with Arizona vs Eagles. I really have no explanation why. They just always seem to produce.



I'm with this guy... Plus, Ariz has nice match-ups in Weeks 4-7....


vs Eagles
vs Dolphins
at Rams
vs Bills
at Vikings
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16858
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,271.86
taoist wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:I'm going with Arizona vs Eagles. I really have no explanation why. They just always seem to produce.



I'm with this guy... Plus, Ariz has nice match-ups in Weeks 4-7....


vs Eagles
vs Dolphins
at Rams
vs Bills
at Vikings


ARI might not be a bad play here. I definitely like them against the Dolphins and Rams though. Those will probably be the plays for Week 4 & 5. Against PHI scares me though. Sure they'll turn it over, but they'll also probably put up a bunch of points. Is Maclin going to miss some time? That would be a positive for the ARI D.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests