FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 20:38

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Worried about Stafford?
PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 19:56 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 320
Donate
det.gif
Not the best the best start for the Lions signal caller. I'm willing to disregard the 230, 1 TD, 1 INT performance vs. the Niners due to their stout defense. The 3 int's against the rams is a concern. What does the tank feel? Am I silly to freak out after week 2?

QB- T. Brady, E. Manning
RB- A. Foster, F. Gore, E. Lacy, BJGE, D. Richardson, K. Moreno
WR- B. Marshall, W. Welker, H. Nicks, D. Amendola
TE- J. Cameron, R. Gronkowski
K- M. Prater
DEF- Bears

PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 20:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21778
Donate
sd.gif
gogreen21 wrote:
Not the best the best start for the Lions signal caller. I'm willing to disregard the 230, 1 TD, 1 INT performance vs. the Niners due to their stout defense. The 3 int's against the rams is a concern. What does the tank feel? Am I silly to freak out after week 2?

His decision making has been brutal early on, but from a fantasy perspective I'm not too worried. Expecting much better results over the next few weeks. Heck, Calvin hasn't gotten in the endzone yet even, and you know that's gotta change (at least a dozen times)

PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 20:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 58323
Donate
sea.gif
I'm a little concerned. He's went from QB4 to QB6-7, Ryan and Him are pretty close. That Rams game, he threw some truly awful balls. You can't blame him for the Niners game, that's expected. This could be his lowest trade value all year so he presents a buy low opportunity if you think he bounces back. Plus he gets Leshoure back which could keep D's more honest. I guess the moral of the story is to not buy high at the draft on QB's like this, people paid for last years stats and he won't touch those in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 20:20 
SandShark

Sand$: 132
Donate
no.gif
You know what you're getting with him. Gotta take the good with the bad. I do think Mikel coming back will help open things up. Don't sweat it :Drink)

PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 20:41 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2562
Donate
nyj.gif
newmancrew wrote:
I'm a little concerned. He's went from QB4 to QB6-7, Ryan and Him are pretty close. That Rams game, he threw some truly awful balls. You can't blame him for the Niners game, that's expected. This could be his lowest trade value all year so he presents a buy low opportunity if you think he bounces back. Plus he gets Leshoure back which could keep D's more honest. I guess the moral of the story is to not buy high at the draft on QB's like this, people paid for last years stats and he won't touch those in 2012.
I still think he's good for 35+ TDs and 4700+ yards. Niners managed to make Rodgers look bad for most of the game, so I'm not too worried about it. He made some bad decisions in the Rams game, but their defense is vastly improved from a year ago with Finnegan and some other guys coming over plus Fisher. He had some equally bad games last year too. He'll have a bounceback game against the Titans this week and should do well against the Vikings.

QB: Ryan, Brady
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Vereen, Ben Tate, Oliver
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Benjamin, Patterson
TE: D.Walker
Def: Chargers
K: Novak

PostPosted: Tue 09.18.2012, 20:47 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 495
Donate
car.gif
The Madden Curse is using Matthew Stafford.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 11:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10029
Donate
det.gif
Bad Lieutenant wrote:
You know what you're getting with him. Gotta take the good with the bad. I do think Mikel coming back will help open things up. Don't sweat it :Drink)

^^^this

he does need to work on his tunnel vision with Megatron, as he has other more open looks, but his receivers need to make sure they hold onto the damn ball too. I'm looking at you Pettigrew! Heh....that rhymed. :)

Rivers, Ryan
Miller, AP, Bryce, Crowell
Dez, Sanu, Cooks, Matthews
Graham, Allen
Folk, Succop
Broncos, Cowboys

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18672
Donate
atl.gif
I've got him on the bench in favor of Matt Ryan at the moment

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:12 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 542
Donate
I running with him this week... my only other options are Flacco... or Cutler, since someone in our league just dropped him in waivers. I have high hopes for great performance this week from Stafford vs TN... Brady & Rivers both threw for multiple TDs. Go Lions!

J.Graham, Donnell
Browns, Rams
Crosby
0.5PPR, 12team
QB,2RB,3WR,Fl,TE,D,K
4pt PA TD, 6pt RU/REC TD
1pt/10yd RU/REC
1pt/25yd PA

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
IMO his ADP was way too high.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
Craphead wrote:
IMO his ADP was way too high.

That said, I drafted Brees @ 2.02, who is currently just ahead of Matt Cassel in total points #-o

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 13:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3740
Donate
det.gif
Note that Brees, Rodgers, Stafford...pretty much all the prolific passing offenses from last year have been down so far this year.
Rodgers 2011 after 2 games: 46/65 for 620 yds (13.4 ypr), 5 TD - 0 INT and 3 sacks
Rodgers 2012 after 2 games: 52/76 for 522 yds (10 ypr), 3 TD - 2 INT and 8 sacks

Brees 2011 after 2 games: 58/86 for 689 yds (11.9 ypr), 6 TD - 0 INT and 4 sacks
Brees 2012 after 2 games: 55/101 for 664 yds (12 ypr), 4 TD - 4 INT and 3 sacks

Stafford 2011 after 2 games: 47/72 for 599 yds (12.7 ypr), 7 TD - 2 INT and 0 sacks
Stafford 2012 after 2 games: 51/80 for 585 yds (11.5 ypr), 2 TD - 4 INT and 3 sacks

I think it is more a reflection of defenses having a full off-season and OTA's PLUS the volume of tape to analyze what these guys were doing and then design a way to stop it or at least slow it down. The noticeable increase in INT's from 2011 to 2012 backs that up. Now obviously, 2 games is a small sample size and you have to take into account who each team played but I think it does show at least a trend.

Note that Matt Ryan is having far greater success early moving the ball in the air because it is a completely different offensive scheme being used in the passing game from last year - once defenses have enough tape on it they will begin to take away the early tendencies that Ryan and his WR's show and then we will see if they can make the adjustments or if they begin stalling again. Cam Newton is not getting the big passing yards this year that he was last year because the defenses have enough tape and preparation on him to take away his tendencies and force him to adjust. But the studs will be studs...the elite QB's see what the defense is taking away and adjust their game to then move to what the defense is leaving open as a result so that over the course of the season they produce stud-ly numbers.

Something else to note about the stats above - the number of pass attempts is up significantly and all 3 of those teams are struggling to generate a consistent running game. Without even the threat of a power running game the LB's are able to release much sooner and blanket the passing lanes with bodies. I am looking to the Tennessee game with great interest to see the impact of Mikel LeShoure on the overall offense. If the threat is there then play action will hold the LB's that extra beat and the passing lanes will open up. I think it is also significant that Titus Young has not seemed to have improved as much as he needs to in order to be a force out there. Time will tell whether this is a problem with Young or just growing pains but I think it says a lot that the Lions used an early draft pick on Broyles this year and I expect him to be a factor in the second half of the season.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 13:18 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 272
Donate
oak.gif
my problem with stafford is his defense.... they are too crummy to stop people but too good to get scored on quickly ala the saints (just ask brees and his garbage stats from his defense stinking worse than the superdome during that awful katrina debacle).... its like the other team gets into a third and six and gets seven or third and four and gets five... then chubby chins goes out and presses knowing he needs to do everything wirh no running game ... for years i wanted players on teams with great defenses creating 3 and outs or turnovers - or a terrible defense that gets abused all game giving the offense more time on the field to compile stats...

Hopefully leshoure adds enough to bring defenses closer to the line or the defense either beasts it or collapses...

If he doesnt get the help and tries to keep up with his video game pace from last year he will struggle....

If mr. titus young could actually wake up out of his coma and give stafford a better second option than concrete boots pettigrew that would be big as his 1000 and 10 "breakout" campaign has been about as successful as jamarcus russells diet.....

And to think in my keeper league i ditched rodgers for fear he might die on the field with that awful line, no running game, finley who was once billed as the next big thing and absolutely punished his fantasy owners last year with drops and bad routes, jennings getting ready to bounce, and nelson screaming "product of the system" wr with no jennnings i figured stafford has a brighter future being almost half a decade younger, has megatron, titus and a good rising defense, plus playing indoors so i begrudgingly made the move and kept stafford... Rodgers has indeed looked about how i expected running for his life and forcing more throws than ive ever seen him attempt but with stafford havng a ton of issues too im regretting keeping him and nothing is worse than making such a huge franchise decision only to watch it plod along slower than michael turner after thanksgiving dinner..

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 13:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3740
Donate
det.gif
I think another factor to consider here is the impact of the replacement refs. These pass-happy offenses are very dependent on pace and timing and let's face it, these refs are bogging the games down with their struggles to get the calls right in a timely fashion and the spot the ball correctly (and quickly) and keep the game moving. A slower paced game always helps the defense. They have also swallowed their whistles where pass interference is concerned and the DB's are getting away with a lot more contact and holding than the regular officials allowed last year - and they know it. So the DB's have been able to disrupt the timing and execution of the passing plays to a much greater degree than they will once the regular officials get back out there.

That cannot happen soon enough for me.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 13:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12626
Donate
gb.gif
Knifework wrote:
The Madden Curse is using Matthew Stafford.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next