FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 09:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 09:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6380
Donate
dal.gif
Is it time to ditch someone like Pettigrew for one of the new sexy names out there?

Bennett

Rudolph

Pitta

etc.

I'm probably asking this question too late since the league I have Pettigrew in the names I mentioned are no longer available. Did I get caught sleeping on this? I'm still convinced Stafford will find the groove and Pettigrew will benefit most aside from Calvin...

12 teamer (3 of 12)
Sanchez/Lacy/Miller/Nelson/Cobb/Denards/D.Walker/Tucker/BUF

14 teamer (5-5)
Ryan/Bradshaw/Ball/Julio/Watkins/Adams/Jimmy/Reed/Crosby/CLE

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 11:01 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1107
Donate
Pettigrew is a keeper. Solid TE option this season.

TE - Gronkowski / Kelce
K - Graham
DST - Chargers

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 11:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21746
Donate
sd.gif
Pettigrew's overrated as hell IMO, he's on the same tier as the rest of those guys. Ride the hottest hand.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15900
Donate
oak.gif
TheChamp wrote:
Pettigrew's overrated as hell IMO, he's on the same tier as the rest of those guys. Ride the hottest hand.

There's no real solid way to use strength of schedule for TEs, but if you're outside of Graham, Gronk, V. Davis, Finley Gates and Gonzalez, this feels like a great year for TEBC.

PostPosted: Wed 09.19.2012, 12:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12584
Donate
gb.gif
Pettigrew is Matthew Stafford's safety blanket.

Keep him.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 12:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Stafford's healthy means "X" to Pettigrew's value?

I know CJ will retain value with just about anyone chucking it but can the same be said for a guy like Petti?

Not feeling terribly great starting him w/o Stafford in there (assuming he can't go this week).

12 teamer (3 of 12)

14 teamer (5-5)

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 12:57 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2938
Donate
Gates and Witten are less than ordinary so far this year, we may be seeing a mass changing of the guard at TE. Teams are trying to replicate the Saints and Pats success. It's a copycat league.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 13:15 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 272
Donate
oak.gif
While some of these "no names" are surprising people a closer look at some of them tipped some people off in camp... First off Bennett finally got away from stuck being the camera man filming the Romo-wItten man bang fest now getting his shot at putting his past behind him and being utilized how he should be.... As far as Rudolph he is "next" at the t.e. spot.... He has the same abilities as gronkowski who was a "no name" not long ago.... Witth ponders development and harvins rise to ppr monsterdom plus adding in Peterson and now Simpson to stretch the defense Rudolph is a great bet to finish top 5 this year and be the reliable red zone /third down threat for years.... Pitta showed signs last year and now in the Hernandez role on a high powered offense he too will continue his Hernandez like season with even more targets and opportunity than even Hernandez offers.... I passed on the t.e. 1's in my draft for this reason while grabbing Rudolph / Bennett late and so for so good...

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 13:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37760
Donate
chi.gif
Pettigrew is a very good option in ppr leagues, but isn't a top 10 option in non-ppr leagues.
He's going to get a lot of catches, but he's obscenely slow and can't break a tackle to save his life, and he hasn't been a consistent red zone target the past couple years (though 3 TDs already this season).

He's a solid, safe option, but doesn't have the big play ability so many other TEs have.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Last year I drafted Hernandez in the 13th.

This year I drafted Rudolph in the 13th.

TE is a fickle position, as they can be asked to block at any moment. Don't give too much allegiance to a particular player.

If Rudolph is still on your WW, I'd absolutely pick him up.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15900
Donate
oak.gif
I'm most excited about a no-name called Tony Gonzalez. Doesn't have much of a resume behind him and was ranked behind breakouts like Fred Davis and Pettigrew, but he seems to have a solid role in a strong passing game. Not as sexy as some, but I think he could keep up his early production.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1733
Donate
cin.gif
infntnub wrote:

I know CJ will retain value with just about anyone chucking it but can the same be said for a guy like Petti?

Not feeling terribly great starting him w/o Stafford in there (assuming he can't go this week).

Based on 2010, Hill LOVES him some Pettigrew. In fact in 2010 Pettigrew's numbers plummeted whenever Stafford was playing. Pettigrew was consistently either 1st, 2nd, or tied for first/second in targets whenever Hill was playing.

Now the offense has changed some since 2010, and the discussion of Pettigrew vs. "the others" is a valid one as Pettigrew has never been overly special (IMO), but if you missed the boat on "the others" I wouldn't be scared to start Pettigrew just because of Hill.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Apes wrote:
I'm most excited about a no-name called Tony Gonzalez. Doesn't have much of a resume behind him and was ranked behind breakouts like Fred Davis and Pettigrew, but he seems to have a solid role in a strong passing game. Not as sexy as some, but I think he could keep up his early production.

:F

Gonz should've been the 9th TE off the board.

If you got him cheap then :thumbright: Good for you!

Now go brag to your league-mates how they screwed up their drafts.

Last edited by jnadke on Mon 09.24.2012, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Apes wrote:

Gonzo went absurdly early in both of my leagues... unless you got Gronk or Graham anything before round 9 seemed too expensive for a TE in any sort of non-PPR format.

12 teamer (3 of 12)

14 teamer (5-5)

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 14:22 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1472
Donate
dal.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
infntnub wrote:

Based on 2010, Hill LOVES him some Pettigrew. In fact in 2010 Pettigrew's numbers plummeted whenever Stafford was playing. Pettigrew was consistently either 1st, 2nd, or tied for first/second in targets whenever Hill was playing.

Now the offense has changed some since 2010, and the discussion of Pettigrew vs. "the others" is a valid one as Pettigrew has never been overly special (IMO), but if you missed the boat on "the others" I wouldn't be scared to start Pettigrew just because of Hill.

useful info, thanks from a Pettigrew owner....thinking I will ride this tortoise a lil longer