FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 05:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:03 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2353
Donate
nyj.gif
Obviously, no one actually plays FFB just to do trades... but I'm finding over time that I do enjoy trading quite a bit. It's fun, it lets you negotiate with other owners, get to know them, and obsess over whether you won in a deal or not.

We're only three weeks in and my team is completely different from the one I drafted. Without question, I've done the most deals in my league -- the other league has virtually zero trading, and is starting to get boring as a result.

Just as a point of reference, here's my Week 1 Roster:

Matthew Stafford, Andy Dalton
Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Justin Blackmon, Santonio Holmes, Davone Bess, James Jones
Matt Forte, Beanie Wells, Jonathan Dwyer, Ronnie Brown
Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
Garrett Hartley

Detroit

George Wilson, Eric Berry
Jason Pierre-Paul, Trent Cole
D'Qwell Jackson, Sean Lee

Here's my Week 4 roster (so far):

Joe Flacco
Wes Welker, Torrey Smith, Jerome Simpson, Ramses Barden
Cedric Benson, Tashard Choice, Willis McGahee, Andre Brown, Ryan Williams, Matt Forte, Donald Brown
Vernon Davis
Shayne Graham

Arizona
Seattle

William Moore, DeAngelo Hall
Cameron Jordan, Chris Clemons
Sean Lee, London Fletcher

And I just traded Forte away for Jennings. Which means... that the only survivor of my Week 1 team is Wes Welker. Oh, and Sean Lee. LOL.

Anyone else do such drastic makeovers of their teams on a routine basis? And yes, I'm aware that this likely means I just suck at drafting. :)

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:10 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2001
Donate
dal.gif
an owner in 1 of my leagues just offered me:

Aj Green or Fitz, Colston, Sproles, and Eli or RG3 for my Vick, Adp, Britt, and M.Bush

12 team PPR (WR/TE only) QB,2RB,3WR,1TE

my team:

vick/flacco
adp/martin/M.bush/williams/jstew/brown
Calvin/julio/torrey/britt
cook

i'm thinking about pulling the trigger to have some fun, just cant decide on Eli or Rg3 and Fitz or Aj Green

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12584
Donate
gb.gif
rsh2k1 wrote:
We're only three weeks in and my team is completely different from the one I drafted.

Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Justin Blackmon, Santonio Holmes, Davone Bess, James Jones
Garrett Hartley

Joe Flacco
Cedric Benson, Tashard Choice, Willis McGahee, Andre Brown, Ryan Williams, Matt Forte, Donald Brown
Vernon Davis
Shayne Graham

RB hoarder!

Last edited by jnadke on Thu 09.27.2012, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5004
Donate
min.gif
I do quite a bit of research prior to my draft so I'm not going to completely overhaul my roster 4 weeks into the season. I will make minor trades to tweak my roster from time to time though.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:24 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 556
Donate
dal.gif
PlumDaddy wrote:
I do quite a bit of research prior to my draft so I'm not going to completely overhaul my roster 4 weeks into the season. I will make minor trades to tweak my roster from time to time though.

Same for me. By the time I draft a player I know everything about them. So I usually like to hang on to them.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21746
Donate
sd.gif
Love trading, one of the best parts of the game

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 14:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13980
Donate
atl.gif
I try to pull off 1 blockbuster right around this time where people's stocks are at an all time low or an all time high. With some teams teetering on the edge of disaster at 1-2 or 0-3 basically facing must win match ups it's a great week to pounce.

But for the record I play to win. Trades or no trades but it does make the league more fun and active. Especially when you get those LOL deals that go through.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 15:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15900
Donate
oak.gif
PlumDaddy wrote:

I agree. I have a lot more fun at the auction and doing my summer auction prep than trading.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 16:08 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2802
Donate
ne.gif
I almost never trade, but when I do it's usually a doozy :D

I put in too much work preseason to try and come out of the draft with a solid team. Usually I just don't see much point in making deals as my teams are pretty strong (though injuries and stuff can crush that quickly enough). I don't draft to try to acquire trade assets either, preferring to try and keep a balance of bench players for byes and injuries.

I've got nothing against a good trade though, but I never trade just for the sake of making a trade. Others in my leagues do, and more power to them, whatever keeps it fun for everyone. It just sucks when there's that one owner who constantly needs to make deals and keeps on making poor ones until by week 4 or 5 his team sucks so much he can't make any more trades because he lost all his decent assets.

Oh well. I guess when he makes a deal with me I don't complain ;)

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 16:10 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2126
Donate
gb.gif
i love everything about playing fantasy football during the week. there's only so much player news to read & waivers only happen once a week. Sooo trading is probably the 3rd best part of fantasy football after winning the chip & the draft.

i see people in my leagues not trading & relying on their draft & pickups. i can't understand why they don't realize that the talent that you want on your team is on someone else's team already. there aren't that many big pickups a year to be able to improve everyone at the positions that they need when they need. trading around your bye weeks is a great tool.

i don't do full roster transformations though.

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 16:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 282019
Donate
den.gif
Solly wrote:
PlumDaddy wrote:

Same for me. By the time I draft a player I know everything about them. So I usually like to hang on to them.

Same here too

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 16:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 282019
Donate
den.gif
jnadke wrote:
rsh2k1 wrote:
We're only three weeks in and my team is completely different from the one I drafted.

Garrett Hartley

Joe Flacco
Vernon Davis
Shayne Graham

RB hoarder!

I resemble that...

PostPosted: Thu 09.27.2012, 18:51 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2353
Donate
nyj.gif
darksideofoz wrote:
i love everything about playing fantasy football during the week. there's only so much player news to read & waivers only happen once a week. Sooo trading is probably the 3rd best part of fantasy football after winning the chip & the draft.

i see people in my leagues not trading & relying on their draft & pickups. i can't understand why they don't realize that the talent that you want on your team is on someone else's team already. there aren't that many big pickups a year to be able to improve everyone at the positions that they need when they need. trading around your bye weeks is a great tool.

i don't do full roster transformations though.

Yeah, like I said, my tendencies likely mean that I suck at pre-draft research and the draft itself. :) Next year, I'm seriously considering letting the computer autodraft for me, and then just trading and WW gaming to be competitive. :)

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 01:00 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 500
Donate
sf.gif
I like your take on trading

I am probably the most active trader in my league and enjoy it. I like to hang onto my guys too, so it sucks letting a key guy you targeted go but analyzing players short term and long term production is the fun part.

I'm in a keeper league so there's an added element of trading guys for next yr. vs. trading for a playoff run. Also, we do top weekly score prizes so there's another factor to consider.

My biggest trade to date was to give up cj2k and roddy White for Steve Smith and Sjax last year. I could only keep 3 guys for next year and I was trying to sell high on cj2k and roddy while trying to win my league and grab a few top weekly scores along the way. I had Cj2k since his rookie year and considered him as one of my guys..yeah i get emotionally attached to guys that run 2k yards for my squad lol

I'd rather not traderape a guy cuz that kills future business but rather enjoy making shrewd gambles that happen to fall in my favor.

RB - Ray Rice, Ballard, Dwyer, Wells, Hunter(IR), B. Pierce, Alex Green
TE - A. Hernandez
K - Suisam
DEF - Jets

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 01:45 
SandShark

Sand$: 242
Donate
Normally, I don't do too many trades but this year I drafted Chris Johnson in my favorite league (I know) and have been shopping him to the aggressive/risky trading types lacking RB depth. Luckily I stockpiled some decent RB depth already. (Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Williams, Andre Brown, Bilal Powell)

League type:12 teams, .33 PPR and 1 pt per 25 return yards// Must start: 2 RBs, 3 WRs 1 TE and 1 W/R/T Flex

I lost Hernandez and am stuck with Scott "TD or Bust" Chandler for now (Every team is carrying 2+ TEs so very thin on WW)
WRs are pretty weak too: B. Marshall, P. Harvin, B. Lafell, K. Wright, R. Cobb

Trade A:
My Chris Johnson and LaFell for Jared Cook and Demaryius Thomas

Trade B:
My Chris Johnson and LaFell for Martellus Bennett and Dez Bryant (could possibly get VJax instead, if I throw in B. Powell)

I want to ship Johnson this week if possible... TEN upcoming schedule is rough. Which deal should I take?!