FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.30.2014, 17:57

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 08:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18207
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
"McCarthy studied Sproles for Cobb's role (Rotoworld) Coach Mike McCarthy revealed that he watched every 2011 snap of Saints RB Darren Sproles for ideas on designing plays for Randall Cobb. Analysis: McCarthy put those plays into heavy use in Week 1, but Cobb's role has dwindled in two games since. We still believe Cobb's talent and versatility is well worth a roster spot in 12-team leagues. His role could be expanded with the offense struggling to move the ball consistently. "

Sproles skill set and Cobb skill set parallel like a cup of water and a match. I guess I no longer wonder why GB is 1-2.

McCarthy reminds me of that garage logic tinkerer that putz's with a perfectly fuctioning car till it no longer runs and needs to be brought into the shop to get fixed.

None the less GB is going to have to simplfy there offense to account for the lack of O line play. This means Finley and his drops. Making C Bed the center peice of the offense. Jordy in the slot or Randall Cobb. Its bad news for Jennings but GB is ready to move on with out him. I am guessing they try and trade Jennings once mathematics says GB gets to winterize Lambu by Dec 23rd.

My guess is Randall Cobb becomes a house hold name by week 7.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 08:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6715
Donate
pit.gif
He was (like many others here) one of my PPR later round lottery pick sleepers this year.

Too early to jettison him but it would be nice to see his touches increase....starting this week even though he's firmly implanted on my bench for now.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 08:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6624
Donate
phi.gif
Yea I'm hanging on for dear life under the assumption that McCarthy has to realize they were moving the ball with him heavily involved against one of the best Ds in the league.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 08:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26544
Donate
sf.gif
Yea ive liked him since i watched a few Kentucky games. He was the only weapon on the team and everyone knew but he was still unstoppable. Theyd line him up at QB RB and WR and special teams. Hes a ball player...just too many weapons on Gb

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:00 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1007
Donate
It's crazy to me that he is not being utilized more, it seems like every time they get the ball in his hands it's for 20 plus yard gains.

4th pick in the draft
Keepers (Murray for a 7th round pick, Cobb for an 8th round pick, Spiller for a 9th round pick)

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
in the last two games in 4 touches he has taken the pack 3/4 the legnth of a football field. Its inexcusable that they are limiting his snaps. Reminds me of when Percy was playing 40 % of the snaps last year.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6624
Donate
phi.gif
I agree it's insane. And I don't subscribe to the "too many weapons" argument on any team. Elite talent/playmaking ability wins out and produces anywhere IMO.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 118127
Donate
min.gif
I traded him away. Good potential, but I don't trust McCarthy as far as I can throw him. My hands are clean of the Packer clusterfk

Between 'Kuhn Ball' and James Jones.. good luck to you all.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
birddog wrote:
I traded him away. Good potential, but I don't trust McCarthy as far as I can throw him. My hands are clean of the Packer clusterfk

Between Kuhn Ball and James Jones good luck to you all.

I have a feeling if the pack drops one more game there will be some squeaky wheels demanding grease.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 09:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 118127
Donate
min.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

I have a feeling if the pack drops one more game there will be some squeaky wheels demanding grease.

Well as you stated hes producing with most of his touches but McCarthy the brain trust isn't playing him. It could change but do you trust it or Mccarthy? John Kuhn on the field is a red flag to me. I want nothing to do with that crap fest.

Cobb imo is the 2nd best talent on that team.. yet Kuhn, Crabtree, Driver or Jones (toss in Benson) take the field and Cobbs standing on the sideline playing with himself when they need a playmaker on the field. Maybe it'll change and they're holding tape for division play..?.. I just don't trust lazy eye.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 10:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14799
Donate
birddog wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
birddog wrote:

Well as you stated hes producing with most of his touches but McCarthy the brain trust isn't playing him. It could change but do you trust it or Mccarthy? John Kuhn on the field is a red flag to me. I want nothing to do with that crap fest.

Cobb imo is the 2nd best talent on that team.. yet Kuhn, Crabtree, Driver or Jones (toss in Benson) take the field and Cobbs standing on the sideline playing with himself when they need a playmaker on the field. Maybe it'll change and they're holding tape for division play..?.. I just don't trust lazy eye.

I'm with you.

This week I could actually use Cobb with injuries to Forte and Reggie.

But how can I start a guy whose touches have declined each week?

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 10:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3624
Donate
I think the Packers struggles have a lot more to do with a stinky oline than McCarthy. Two years ago the guy was great and now he's retarded? I'm not buying. What he's going to have to do is set up a more balanced game plan, otherwise Rogers will pass 90% of the time exposing the oline further. Once the packers establish a balanced attack and their offense starts clicking again, Cobb will become more of a factor. Trade for Benson now.

Last edited by Hiker on Fri 09.28.2012, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 10:49 

Sand$: 99460
Donate
Way too early to jump from the Cobb train, he's a young guy developing his role in the offense, good things happens when he touches the ball - he's a desparation byeweek/injury filler for now but he could be an every week guy in the 2nd half. Kinda like the Quizz of WR's.

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 11:30 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3245
Donate
dal.gif
Its pretty obvious he is a real talent, maybe the most talented offensive player other the Rodgers. The thing is, right now he is a wait and hold. Not a start and not a sell. Hold onto him and we may see a legit every week starter by midseason without an injury ahead of him. If there is an injury, then of course this could happen sooner rather then later. It is suprising to see James Jones getting so much playing time but patience might be key here. He has been a little banged up too so once he gets fuly healthy and some more reps, I do not see how he doesn't blow by Jones....Just like Jordy did easily last year.

QB- A. Luck
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Andre Roberts
WR- Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Cody Lattimore, D. Adams
RB- J. Bell, C. Michael, Alfred Blue, CJ Anderson
TE- GRONK
DEF- Indy, Wash

PostPosted: Fri 09.28.2012, 11:52 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1826
Donate
chi.gif
simayonaise wrote:
Its pretty obvious he is a real talent, maybe the most talented offensive player other the Rodgers. The thing is, right now he is a wait and hold. Not a start and not a sell. Hold onto him and we may see a legit every week starter by midseason without an injury ahead of him. If there is an injury, then of course this could happen sooner rather then later. It is suprising to see James Jones getting so much playing time but patience might be key here. He has been a little banged up too so once he gets fuly healthy and some more reps, I do not see how he doesn't blow by Jones....Just like Jordy did easily last year.

Agreed. There's really nothing better you can do but be patient as a Cobb owner.

#Patience: Perhaps the most underdeveloped virtue in fantasy football.