The Torrey Smith Thread

Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,732.96
Sorry, someone else posted just before me.

"I've noted on more than one occasion to fellow fans that Dave Wannstedt remains the most successful head coach of the Post-Johnson Era. And it isn't even really close. Someone should die for that."

'Miami Dolphins Fan
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 217.58
Dman05888 wrote:Sorry, someone else posted just before me.

That was probably me... I've since deleted my thread... also noticed the news was here first:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=292339

regardless... I think this deserves its own conversation... it has forced me to go another direction. I figure he'll play, but I was already not wild about the start and am over-invested in BAL as I am playing Tucker (K), too. Could go either way I guess... Smith could have the game of his life.
Sand$: 21,005.07
Wow. After reading this and watching this video I just became a huge fan of Torrey Smith. I'm saddened for his loss

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/ ... 0#45696800

Tragedy touches us all at one time or another, and it has hit Ravens receiver Torrey Smith very hard on Sunday, with the death of his younger brother, Tevin, in a motorcycle accident.

Torrey’s special relationship with his siblings makes this specific situation even tougher to process.  Torrey helped raise Tevin, along with Torrey’s other siblings, even though Torrey was barely more than a toddler when he began to assume the duties of a parent.

Today told Torrey’s story last December.  “She financially did everything,” Torrey said of his mother, Monica Jenkins.  “I just stepped up and was trying to be a good role model for them.”

“He was four years old and I remember him getting up and fixing bowls of cereal for his siblings because I’d worked all night,” Jenkins said.

“I’d help take care of my brothers and sisters, from microwave to putting everybody to bed to putting clothes on them.  Just taking a little stress off my mother,” Torrey said.

Asked to describe Torrey during the interview, Tevin said, “Very humble, kind.  Just all around good person.”  Another brother said Torrey is a father figure to his siblings.

Watch the video and you’ll have a better understanding of the depths of the loss that Torrey Smith currently is experiencing.  We extend our condolences to Torrey and his family, and we ask any of you who make a habit of praying to keep Torrey and his family in mind as they embark on some of the toughest days of their lives.Via PFT
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 217.58
[quote="endzoneview"]Wow. After reading this and watching this video I just became a huge fan of Torrey Smith. I'm saddened for his loss

[quote]

Agreed... but it somehow only makes me hate Jenna Bush more...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 9,175.22
endzoneview wrote:Wow. After reading this and watching this video I just became a huge fan of Torrey Smith. I'm saddened for his loss

Tragedy touches us all at one time or another, and it has hit Ravens receiver Torrey Smith very hard on Sunday, with the death of his younger brother, Tevin, in a motorcycle accident.

Torrey’s special relationship with his siblings makes this specific situation even tougher to process.  Torrey helped raise Tevin, along with Torrey’s other siblings, even though Torrey was barely more than a toddler when he began to assume the duties of a parent.

Today told Torrey’s story last December.  “She financially did everything,” Torrey said of his mother, Monica Jenkins.  “I just stepped up and was trying to be a good role model for them.”

“He was four years old and I remember him getting up and fixing bowls of cereal for his siblings because I’d worked all night,” Jenkins said.

“I’d help take care of my brothers and sisters, from microwave to putting everybody to bed to putting clothes on them.  Just taking a little stress off my mother,” Torrey said.

Asked to describe Torrey during the interview, Tevin said, “Very humble, kind.  Just all around good person.”  Another brother said Torrey is a father figure to his siblings.

Watch the video and you’ll have a better understanding of the depths of the loss that Torrey Smith currently is experiencing.  We extend our condolences to Torrey and his family, and we ask any of you who make a habit of praying to keep Torrey and his family in mind as they embark on some of the toughest days of their lives.Via PFT

Nice story. Makes this death hit home. God bless.
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,529.68
I knew about Torrey because he was an ACC guy and he was born in Richmond my hometown, wanted the Falcons to draft him badly, I think we would have if we didn't make that deal for Julio. Lost my best friend from middle school to a motorcycle accident this year. Puts things in perspective. Torrey tweeted:

I can't believe my little brother is gone...be thankful for your loved ones and tell them you love them...this is the hardest thing ever.

I can't say a bad thing about him...proud to have him as a brother...RIP Tevin

Great White Shark
Sand$: 28,025.56
How terrible. I feel so sad for Torrey Smith and his family.
an old High school friend of mine died as a result of a motorcycle accident many years ago. This is a devastating loss (sudden) to a family. May his strength be improved by his family during this time.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 363.00
Right now ALL my thoughts and prayers are with T. Smith and his family - NOT any fantasy. God help them deal with this unexpected loss. Amen.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,675.08
RIP Tevin. Such a tragedy... and I sincerely feel for Torrey and his family.
If he does decide to play today (which would be hard to believe) I hope he puts up huge numbers.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,150.02
Feel bad for Torrey, hope he can get through this.
Megalodon
Sand$: 7,727.40
aparently he returned to the team, and all indications indicate he will play, feel so bad for him :(

Favorite films of 2015
1.Spotlight
2.Sicario
3.Ex Machina
4.Star Wars:The Force Awakens
5.The Martian
6.Mad Max Fury Road
7.Bridge of Spies
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 145,511.94
Torrey Smith active for Ravens

per NFL.com front page news break

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 302,827.31
Wow that is rough... ,condolences to him and hismfamily.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,061.00
Rooting big time for this kid tonight.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,675.08
TD for Torrey! :party-smiley-050: