FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 07.28.2014, 07:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 00:39 
Chum

Sand$: 110
Donate
chi.gif
As much as the fantasy experts are espousing the inevitable takeover of the Jets backfield by Bilal Powell there seems to be reluctance to buy into this. He's still on the wire in both my leagues.

Are guys dragging their feet because they suspect more of a RBBC? Jets run game not worth investing in general? Powell just not that talented? Upcoming schedule (SF, HOU) too daunting to bother?

Thoughts?

P.S. Apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. Couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 01:22 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2652
Donate
no.gif
I came here to say that I just don't know. Rex says he wants to get the guy more involved; but to tell you the truth, Rex seems like a guy that would lie to his own mother to save his rump.

I am definately contemplating this, and am thinking about dropping Hillis (RB5) or T Young (WR5) for him...

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 02:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39028
Donate
pit.gif
no

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 04:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21007
Donate
bal.gif
If I had a deeper bench I probably would, guy in my league just picked him up this week.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 07:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8605
Donate
chi.gif
The biggest reason to buy in to these rumors is Greene, not Powell. Shoon Green has been downright awful his entire career, sans a brief glimpse in a couple of play off games some years ago. They need to get him out of there and if Powell is the next in line he will get a shot at it. Not sure he will take it though. Smells like a green and white Dwyer to me.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 07:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 306
Donate
stl.gif
i'm starting either him, or hillis

yeah, i know

i know

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:06 
Chum

Donate
chi.gif
Only five replies in so far and I've a feeling this is the overall type of response to expect. Lots of interest but real apprehension. Agree that it's more to do with Greene's ineptitude than Powell looking like an unstoppable force but also agree that as bad as Greene has been that is likely enough. Of course, Greene's controlled that job for so long that we don't know if the failure is 100% his or partly Ryan's running of the offense, O-line effectiveness etc. Okay, I think we can all agree it's mostly that Greene is running like he's blind and drunk (some expert wrote this week, not sure who but they nailed it!).
Also funny that in two posts others have mentioned dropping Hillis for him. That's exactly who I was considering. Not just his hurt ankle, but his overall blech when he did play. Seems so far like a reasonable value range to place Powell in?
Please offer more. Yay or nay on grabbing him and who you've dropped for him or are considering dropping.
Thanks Tank!

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20628
Donate
sf.gif
Fantacide wrote:
Only five replies in so far and I've a feeling this is the overall type of response to expect. Lots of interest but real apprehension. Agree that it's more to do with Greene's ineptitude than Powell looking like an unstoppable force but also agree that as bad as Greene has been that is likely enough. Of course, Greene's controlled that job for so long that we don't know if the failure is 100% his or partly Ryan's running of the offense, O-line effectiveness etc. Okay, I think we can all agree it's mostly that Greene is running like he's blind and drunk (some expert wrote this week, not sure who but they nailed it!).
Also funny that in two posts others have mentioned dropping Hillis for him. That's exactly who I was considering. Not just his hurt ankle, but his overall blech when he did play. Seems so far like a reasonable value range to place Powell in?
Please offer more. Yay or nay on grabbing him and who you've dropped for him or are considering dropping.
Thanks Tank!

I think Powell is someone to possibly stash. I was trying to get him but someone snagged him...i havent seen him play much but had a open spot and greene has struggled. As far as Hillis...idk

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:13 
SandShark

Sand$: 187
Donate
nyj.gif
The next 2 weeks the Jets play SF then Houston. Don't expect much from Powell or Greene until week 6 at the earliest. That may partly explain why he is still available.

Two more reasons to expect Powell to become the feature back:
1. McKnight has been moved to Defense
2. Jets signed Grimes from Houston PS. He prolly won't see many if any carries but its speculated that he will take over ST duties from Powell so he can be the main guy.

WR: D.Bryant, H.Nicks, C.Givens, C.Patterson, S.Holmes
TE: J.Graham
K: Yes
DE: G.Hardy
LB: L.David, B.Carter, K.Alonso
DB: C.Tillman, H.Smith, M.Barron

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:16 
Chum

Sand$: 2
Donate
I picked him up in my league because we have 12 teams and the waiver wire for RBs is a wasteland. I typically start Reggie Bush and Fred Jackson so you can see the state of my team's running game. I'm looking for Powell to be in a timeshare most of the rest of the season with Greene; maybe not this weekend's game, but soon. In my opinion Sexy Rexy is desperate for someone who can run the ball and take pressure off of Dirty Sanchez. This should earn Powell 12-15 reps per game when Greene proves once and for all that he is a dud. I'd say if you have a roster spot you might want to take a chance on Powell. If things don't work out the way I project in a few weeks then you can drop him for the next waiver wire darling.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6255
Donate
gb.gif
I picked him up in one of my leagues. It's wait and see approach for me, but I like his chances to produce more than my Richardson pickup. At most Powell is a flex play in fantasy, but I wouldn't start him until after San Fran.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13742
Donate
atl.gif
Kaleb.09 wrote:
If I had a deeper bench I probably would, guy in my league just picked him up this week.

Same. I'll let someone desperate at RB deal with him.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 09:32 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 9560
Donate
gb.gif
I think its the combination of his upcoming matchups and dealing with bye weeks. Your not likely to start him the next couple of weeks and your also likely to have bye weeks to cover. If you drafted well, and I am assuming all the sharks did, who do you feel comfortable dropping for a guy that maybe you could use in 3 weeks? All that said if he is going to be the feature back, I am trying to decide who is droppable for down the road.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 09:39 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1158
Donate
I dropped Greene to acquire Powell earlier this week

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 10:02 
Chum

Donate
chi.gif
thd43291 wrote:
I dropped Greene to acquire Powell earlier this week

That's a pretty strong endorsement. I think...