FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.30.2014, 08:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Lamar Miller or Bilal Powell
Lamar Miller (MIA) 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Bilal Powell (NYJ) 83%  83%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 02:56 
SandShark

Sand$: 242
Donate
I have both on my roster right now, but will probably have to drop one soon.

Who has the better rest of season prospects? I'm leaning Powell because of opportunity, but I think Miller is the superior talent

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 03:06 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 518
Donate
Pretty much right about both. Lamar is explosive. Colts should of drafted this him, he could be a starter there.

Qb: Stafford, Cutler
RB: DMC, P. Thomas, Goodson, T. Jones, Vareen
Wr: Wayne, VJax, Mike Williams, Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd
TE: Witten, Heath Miller
K: Hanson
Defense: Da Bears!

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 03:43 
SandShark

Donate
Should I drop either Miller or Powell for Peyton Hillis? (I have Jamaal Charles)

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 07:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8665
Donate
chi.gif
Chip. None of these guys will do anything special as it seems. Keep the one you like the most and if the miracle happens let's hope you made the right choice. Personally I would drop Hillis. Quite frankly he's not a very good RB. Whatever happened that year in Cleveland, stayed in Cleveland. He wasn't special in Denver and he's nothing special in KC. Personally I have always compared him with Ruben Droughns - another glorified full back who happened to fit a scheme.The moment Denver traded him he lost all value, much like Hillis. Lamar Miller on the other hand will start some day. Problem is he seems to be 3rd on the depth chart right now and the season may not be long enough for him to make it to the top.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 08:08 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3344
Donate
Bilal has less competition for the no.1 spot so it has to be him. Lamar looks good but he is never going to take over from Reggie while he is there. In circumstances of a Bush injury I still think the Dolphins will run Thomas out more, he is not as bad as everyone says and seems to have got better in goal line situations.

Out of the options you put forward, I think I agree and would drop Hillis.

HARD!
FantasySharks Bottom-Dweller League 13

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 12:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19004
Donate
sd.gif
Paddler wrote:
Chip. None of these guys will do anything special as it seems. Keep the one you like the most and if the miracle happens let's hope you made the right choice. Personally I would drop Hillis. Quite frankly he's not a very good RB. Whatever happened that year in Cleveland, stayed in Cleveland. He wasn't special in Denver and he's nothing special in KC. Personally I have always compared him with Ruben Droughns - another glorified full back who happened to fit a scheme.The moment Denver traded him he lost all value, much like Hillis. Lamar Miller on the other hand will start some day. Problem is he seems to be 3rd on the depth chart right now and the season may not be long enough for him to make it to the top.

Yupp. Agree w/ the take on Hillis. And Miller/Powell are shots in the dark, but I like Powell's chances better (although it's still a tough sched).

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 12:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6302
Donate
sea.gif
Not impressed with Powell's talent level, but he hits the hole, runs hard and seems to have good field vision. With Shonn Greene's diminishing talent it's only a matter of time till Powell takes over there. Only scenario I would envision Lamar Miller out producing him is if RBush can't manage to stay on the field, cause there are plenty of doubting Thomases on DThomas. :oops: eheh

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 16:08 
SandShark

Donate
I went ahead and dropped Miller for Hillis and held Powell. I agree with the takes on Hillis in terms of his skills, but picked him up strictly as an insurance policy on Charles. If Reggie Bush gets seriously hurt, I think Miller would be more valuable than Daniel Thomas but would still split touches with him and likely cede the goal line work.

Thanks for the input, Sharks!