FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 12.20.2014, 00:53

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 842 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 14:22 

Sand$: 101592
Donate
Because it's never too early.

Geno's going #1 overall. If he doesn't, he should.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Rookies
PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 14:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39702
Donate
pit.gif
OarChambo wrote:

already with, geez.

jk, had show everybody we treat the mods the same as everybody else. Im guessing your watching him right now.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 15:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21754
Donate
sd.gif
The rule of overrating QBs outta SC stipulates that Barkely will go ahead of him :?

Couple could be gems at WR w/ Keenan and Hunter, and LSUs DEs should go early too

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 15:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120059
Donate
min.gif
Defense optional. That game was dumb. Meh. McShay dumping all over his shoes is dumb too.

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 19:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 34266
Donate
pit.gif
Geno's looked sensational thus far.. Next week's a big one for him imo, going on the road to Austin where the Horns actually have a semblance of a defense. That should be a good matchup. He hasn't really been pressured yet, Maryland did a little bit last week, but they're too young a team to really give him and their O a challenge.

Jeffcoat and Okafor (who are both going to be early rd picks from the looks of it, Jeffcoat for sure) should be able to get a decent pass rush, so we'll see how he responds to the pressure of a good opposing defense and going on the road.

Some thoughts on other prospects..

Logan Thomas has been basically a disaster this year. He needs to go back to school.

Tough for Tyler Wilson to get caught up in the disaster that is Arkansas this season, he's still shown fairly well, but he's been nearly killed on multiple occasions. The UL-Monroe game was a prime example. Thank god he didn't play against the tide. Similar situation for Knile Davis. Bad situation for the Hogs this year.

Landry Jones's stock has fallen almost as much as Thomas, only he doesn't have another season to fall back on.

Bray.. Well, looks like a stud at times, makes some very poor decisions (on and off the field) others. Probably could benefit from another year, but will likely bolt.

Lattimore looks like a stud in the making, not on Rich's level, though. He looks to be in his own tier among the draft-eligible RB class imo.

Le'Veon Bell's certainly moved up the boards the most of RBs, but boy, is he seeing a lot of carries. Wonder if he'll be able to hold up with that kind of a load this entire season, because Maxwell and their WRs pretty much suck.

Ellington's been electric, but I don't believe he's an every down back.

At WR...

A lot of JRs that are probably better than the SR class. Hunter, Allen, and Woods all are near locks to be 1st round picks.

Terrance Williams has certainly shown well with Baylor's O not losing a beat after RG3 left.

There's a lot to like in the JR class overall at WR, especially compared to the SR class. Which ones declare will be interesting.

That's all I've got for now. Should be more to come later.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Sat 09.29.2012, 23:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 338
Donate
dal.gif
OarChambo wrote:

He is looking studly right now, today's game was a work of art...he hit on several NFL caliber type throws, the two fades in the end zone were Rodgers/Brees/Brady type throws...this kid is the real deal

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 11:11 

Donate
birddog wrote:
Defense optional. That game was dumb. Meh. McShay dumping all over his shoes is dumb too.

Need to look past the defense to see what Geno did, I didn't think he could one-up Clemson and he did - in a big way. That wasn't just bubble screens, quick slants against soft coverage, and busted plays deep (although there was one of them) - he made some big time throws and forget his TD:INT ratio - look at his TD:incompletetion ratio.

Ridiculous.

He's performed under duress before, so I'm not worried about him struggling vs. a good pass rush, but how will he do now that the spot light is on him? If he thrives and everything I've read about him (great head for the game) tells me he's looking like this year's RG3, and a big reason why I traded away Romo in a tank dyno with a college taxi - Geno's stashed.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 11:30 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 669
Donate
det.gif
What does the Tank think of Watkins out of Clemson? Does he have Harvin upside, or more of a McCluster?

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 11:37 

Donate
Snoop_07 wrote:
What does the Tank think of Watkins out of Clemson? Does he have Harvin upside, or more of a McCluster?

I don't see those comparisons at all, him and Marquise Lee are the closest things to a stud WR in the college ranks right now but they've both got a LONG ways to go. Their skill set will buy them a long leash and an early draft pick as long as they dn't go dumb, repeatedly, sometime between now and the draft. I think guys like Woods, Allen, Wilson, Terrance Williams, and Hunter (feel like I'm missing a couple more too) are all safer NFL plays, but their upside is a notch down from those 2.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 11:45 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 669
Donate
det.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Snoop_07 wrote:

I don't see those comparisons at all, him and Marquise Lee are the closest things to a stud WR in the college ranks right now but they've both got a LONG ways to go. Their skill set will buy them a long leash and an early draft pick as long as they dn't go dumb, repeatedly, sometime between now and the draft. I think guys like Woods, Allen, Wilson, Terrance Williams, and Hunter (feel like I'm missing a couple more too) are all safer NFL plays, but their upside is a notch down from those 2.

I guess my comparison was players w speed and some strength, that get carries to go along w receptions. Maybe my eye for talent isn't accurate. I was high on Harvin and nailed it, high on McCluster and it hasn't panned out. Looking for a baseline on Watkins..... I love these types of players, but have a hard time determining who's for real.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 12:05 

Donate
Snoop_07 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Snoop_07 wrote:

I guess my comparison was players w speed and some strength, that get carries to go along w receptions. Maybe my eye for talent isn't accurate. I was high on Harvin and nailed it, high on McCluster and it hasn't panned out. Looking for a baseline on Watkins..... I love these types of players, but have a hard time determining who's for real.

Harvin and McCluster are smaller WR's that rely on their quickness to create separation and break loose. McCluster's a much smaller version of Harvin, I think he's 5'10 170? about the same height but has an extra 20 lbs of muscle. Watkins is much more of a receiver than either of those 2, making plays downfield - similar build as Percy but the extra height makes him a much more multi-dimensional threat outside. I don't think he can ever develop into a Calvin, AJ Green, or Julio type but the next step down? Absolutely.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 12:54 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 250
Donate
I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade here, but really?? Baylor's defence is atrocious. I feel very confident in saying that I could throw for at least 5 TD's myself against them.

Not saying Geno Smith isn't impressive, I guess I just feel like he's still a bit raw. I watched him in the Maryland game. Don't get me wrong, he was good, but I find when he doesn't have options open downfield, he forgets that he can escape the pocket and run. Maybe he just doesn't trust himself enough yet. I just find he hangs around in there a bit too long at times and gets sacked because of it or forces an incompletion. His O-line does a good job of blocking for him, I guess I just feel like if he used his speed more he'd become that much more unstoppable.

Also, a player that continually impresses me is Tavon "Awesome" (Austin). Always seems to get open when needed for Mr. Smith. I like him. Alot.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 12:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38852
Donate
car.gif
Snoop_07 wrote:

Not a potential rookie for 2013, only a sophomore now.

Watkins and Clowney both should be near the top of the 2014 draft.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 13:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4537
Donate
pit.gif
A couple of thoughts on Geno Smith...

He isn't Cam Newton or RGIII in terms of being a huge threat to run the ball. He can run effectively though and as was pointed out above, maybe he could put up sporty numbers doing that but up until now - he hasn't had to.

Big 12 defenses are to be taken with a grain of salt. When you look at his 2011 regular season game performance against LSU (the same LSU team that played for the National Championship and gave up around 10 TD's during entire the regular season), he stood out as arguably the best offensive player on the field.

His video-game like accuracy stat this year is no accident. He threw 65% & 66% his sophomore and junior seasons.

I would like to see more instances where he's forced to throw more quickly and under a little duress in order to get a better feel how he'll translate to the pro game.

Quote:
The rule of overrating QBs outta SC stipulates that Barkely will go ahead of him

Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez agree with you.

PostPosted: Tue 10.02.2012, 05:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4537
Donate
pit.gif
I'm not sure Barkley has progressed any since last year and given he has almost as many INT's already as he did all of last year, may even have taken a step back.

While he looks like a solid QB, not sure he does anything exceptional that will translate into him being an exceptional QB at the next level.

Looking at Smith's mechanics, he's solid and has a very quick release.

You can't throw a ball any better than he does in the 1'st TD in this clip, quickly and in rhythm stepping into the throw if you watch his feet, getting rid of it quick and dropping it exactly where it needed to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhGkRA4b32Q

If we're drafting today and I need a QB - I'm taking Smith and it's not even close.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 842 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next