SandShark
Sand$: 242.00
What does the shark tank think about Ponder's ROS prospects? Does Jerome Simpson's return give him a bump?

I'm considering starting Ponder (DET) over Romo (CHI) this week. Am I crazy?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
I don't think you're crazy. Pimped Christian Ponder hard in the offseason along w/ Locker and Bradford... looks like he's the one making the leap so far, despite being the least heralded. Jerome Simpson adds a homerun element to his WR corps, and we all know how high he can jump :)

Love him as a QB2, and this is the sort of week he's a viable substitution; good matchup for a struggling Romo playing a tough Chi D.
SandShark
Sand$: 141.00
Considering the same Ponder-over-Romo decision...I'd be interested to hear what the tank thinks.

The Bears D held A. Rodgers to 219 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT a couple of weeks ago and he's much better than Romo.

Tampa's D destroyed Romo last week, and I think they are much worse than the Bear D.

I don't see much of a game from Romo, but that's usually when he proves me wrong!
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,981.56
Ponder is currently UNDERRATED

AP, Rudolph, Harvin and Simpson are all plenty of firepower to help CP put up big numbers.

http://www.leaguejacker.com/
$$$$ Money League
QB - Rivers, Palmer
RB - Gore, Ingram, Freeman, Hillman
WR - DThomas, Megatron, DHopkins, John Brown, Lafell
TE - Gilmore, Richard Rodgers
K - Josh Brown
DST - Giants
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,692.10
Walking the Ponder/Romo line also.

I still have Romo penciled in, but the Bears D has me very nervous.

Cam
Lacy, Miller, Hyde, Dwill, Vereen
CJ, Keenan, Watkins, ARob, Charles Johnson
Reed
Panthers
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3.00
Chip_TX wrote:What does the shark tank think about Ponder's ROS prospects? Does Jerome Simpson's return give him a bump?

I'm considering starting Ponder (DET) over Romo (CHI) this week. Am I crazy?

I'm making this exact move my self. Picked up Ponder for A. Smith. Starting him over Romo.

Romo, Smith
D Murray, L. Bell, Stacy, Todman, A.Brown, Tate
Bryant, Green, D-Jax,
J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,288.48
If I had them both, I would start Ponder.

With Big Ben on a bye, I am starting him in my 12-team league over Carson Palmer.
Megalodon
Sand$: 13.28
dropped Cutler for Ponder since Big Ben is on a bye
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,408.18
Actually toying with sitting Newton for him this week....thinking, didn't say it's 100%
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 456.00
Third and Long wrote:dropped Cutler for Ponder since Big Ben is on a bye

I'm in the same situation & thinking about doing the same thing. Short bench and I don't trust Cutler, especially this week.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 919.14
i don't know about anyone else but i didn't draft Romo until the 6th round, and i picked up Ponder off the waiver wire late last night. obviously, to me, a QB was not the highest priority. so, by combining that info with the complete meltdown of the Dallas offensive line after week 1, i am not the least bit hesitant to start Ponder over Romo. plus, doesn't Ponder have more upside this week? i think so. i think if you're a gambler you start Romo. actually, i honestly hope he has a fantastic game. at least then i'll be more confident starting him after the bye week... against Baltimore!!! ouch.

10 Team/PPR

QB... Tyrod
RB... Ivory, Buck Allen, David Johnson, Hightower, Robinson, Powell
WR... Hopkins, Landry, Hurns
TE... Eifert, Miller
DEF... CAR
K... Catanzaro

IR... Luck
Whale Shark
Sand$: 5,964.46
Third and Long wrote:dropped Cutler for Ponder since Big Ben is on a bye

X2
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 9,446.42
mburnz wrote:Actually toying with sitting Newton for him this week....thinking, didn't say it's 100%

Picked up Ponder this week in preparation for Newton's upcoming bye week, but started to think about playing him this week too. Haven't been able to make the move and put Newton on the bench. Would hate to miss his breakout game!!!

I picked up J.Simpson a couple weeks back and through him in my lineup thsi week, as my WR2 spot is hurting! Would love to captilize on a double big play bonus, but so for I am running with Cam!

Chum
Sand$: 111.38
Playing him for Romo and Vick in both leagues I'm in. I don't know why Det's D is awful, but it is. I drafted them in both leagues and they've been a major disappointment.

12 team standard yahoo Keeper (2 round penalty for keepers)
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB - Brees
RB - Bell, Fast Freddie
WR- Dez, OBJ, Kelvin, Gordon
TE- Donnell
K- Vini
Def-Phili
SandShark
Sand$: 634.74
WillieBeamen wrote:
mburnz wrote:Actually toying with sitting Newton for him this week....thinking, didn't say it's 100%

Picked up Ponder this week in preparation for Newton's upcoming bye week, but started to think about playing him this week too. Haven't been able to make the move and put Newton on the bench. Would hate to miss his breakout game!!!

I picked up J.Simpson a couple weeks back and through him in my lineup thsi week, as my WR2 spot is hurting! Would love to captilize on a double big play bonus, but so for I am running with Cam!

I am doing exactly this in my 'fun' league. Benching Newton against ATL for Ponder against DET, so you can live vicariously through me lol. I also have Rudolph at TE.