FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.31.2014, 14:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 16:49 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.05.2007, 09:42
Posts: 416
Sand$: 1248
Donate
Location: southern tier
dal.gif
Putting up very good numbers vs tampa....is he becoming a true rb 1 and match up proof! ?

_________________
holla if ya hear me !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 16:51 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7192
Sand$: 12374
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
He's top 12 in my PPR league despite not catching many passes. After 4 weeks I think he's a high-end RB2 at the very least.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 17:08 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 07.12.2003, 11:39
Posts: 22597
Sand$: 8605
Donate
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
chi.gif
He's still riding my Taxi. May have to elevate him to the active roster. He looks legit.

_________________
Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P Sean "CleffedUp" Vostinar and Mark "Broncogeek" Shaffer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 17:17 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 8997
Sand$: 20724
Donate
sf.gif
II traded him for Ben jarvus ...im starting to think i shouldnt have done that deal. Hes putting up good numbers...at least i got something for a FA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 17:22 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Fri 08.13.2004, 08:29
Posts: 883
Sand$: 2157
Donate
Location: Baltimore, MD
he's going to continue to have huge games right up until they start calling holding on shanahan's zone holding scheme

_________________
QB:R. Wilson
RB: McCoy, D Williams, M Ball, R Jennings, B Brown, Ogbonnaya
WR: D Bryant, D Thomas, T Smith, R Randle, K Allen
TE: M Bennet, J. Reed
K: J Scobee
DST: Broncos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 17:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7192
Sand$: 12374
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
grugnur wrote:
he's going to continue to have huge games right up until they start calling holding on shanahan's zone holding scheme

Oh well I'll take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 19:14 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7338
Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
RGIII is a very difficult man to gameplan against, and Morris will keep benefitting...

But his breakaway today was funny though, TB defenders just dove at his feet. I'd still look to sell him if I can.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 09.30.2012, 21:35 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7192
Sand$: 12374
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
TheChamp wrote:
RGIII is a very difficult man to gameplan against, and Morris will keep benefitting...

But his breakaway today was funny though, TB defenders just dove at his feet. I'd still look to sell him if I can.

Why sell? Because of the shanny rb theory? Or something else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 00:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7338
Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Markulous wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
RGIII is a very difficult man to gameplan against, and Morris will keep benefitting...

But his breakaway today was funny though, TB defenders just dove at his feet. I'd still look to sell him if I can.

Why sell? Because of the shanny rb theory? Or something else?


I just don't think he's very talented. I mentioned his breakaway TD today being funny to watch b/c it was terrible D. Alfred wobbled by and slipped an ankle tackle, then the safety comes flying in only to miss him completely. He's also got no speed, it takes a really crappy defensive play to let him go the distance, and this one was that bad. The schedule so far has also been soft as hell.

That play accounted for 39 yards and his TD today.

I think he'll be solid as it'll be tough to find an answer to defending RGIII, but not as good as he appears on paper. I'd rather sell him while he seems to be really good based on his stats.

The Shanny theory made sense before, but w/ Helu out I dunno. Helu's the best offensive back they have IMO, and I know they were big on Royster in the offseason, but he's mediocre. +1 selling point as an owner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 06:45 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7192
Sand$: 12374
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
TheChamp wrote:
Markulous wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
RGIII is a very difficult man to gameplan against, and Morris will keep benefitting...

But his breakaway today was funny though, TB defenders just dove at his feet. I'd still look to sell him if I can.

Why sell? Because of the shanny rb theory? Or something else?


I just don't think he's very talented. I mentioned his breakaway TD today being funny to watch b/c it was terrible D. Alfred wobbled by and slipped an ankle tackle, then the safety comes flying in only to miss him completely. He's also got no speed, it takes a really crappy defensive play to let him go the distance, and this one was that bad. The schedule so far has also been soft as hell.

That play accounted for 39 yards and his TD today.

I think he'll be solid as it'll be tough to find an answer to defending RGIII, but not as good as he appears on paper. I'd rather sell him while he seems to be really good based on his stats.

The Shanny theory made sense before, but w/ Helu out I dunno. Helu's the best offensive back they have IMO, and I know they were big on Royster in the offseason, but he's mediocre. +1 selling point as an owner.

That definitely makes sense. After tonight I was trying to package Ridley and Morris for someone. The owner that has Foster has no other RBs, but not sure if he'd go for that. The Ray Rice owner is in the same spot with no other RBs, maybe he would do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 07:30 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 09.03.2004, 12:04
Posts: 3200
Sand$: 9312
Donate
dal.gif
Another post about how Morris is "not that good"? After one week I can see the logic along with the wait and see approach. After 4 weeks, he is good he is a RB1 IMO and I have no worries putting him in week after week until he proves me wrong. I go by what he has done so far, not how I "think" he will do the rest of the way out. As an owner I'm not selling.

It's laughable when people say "if it wasn't for that one long run and TD he wouldn't have had a good game". That's terrific logic. That's like saying - If it wasn't for Roddy Whites 3 long catches and 2 TD's he wouldn't have had a good game. wth kind of logic is that.... it did happen that's why he had a good game. You could say that about every player on ever team.

To the OP, I don't like to over think things. IMO he is match-up proof and has shown me that he deserves to be in there every week. He will be in my line up every week until he gives me a reason not to be in my line up.

_________________
QB- Kaepernick,Tannehill
RB- B.Tate, A.Morris, Helu, G.Bernard,Ellington
WR-A.J.Green, K.Allen, J.Blackmon,C.Shorts
TE- Whitten,Clay
K- Hauschika, Prater
D- DET,Cincy

Disclaimer-We have to carry 2 (TE) 2 (K) and 2 (D) on our roster at all time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 07:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 8997
Sand$: 20724
Donate
sf.gif
md2002 wrote:
Another post about how Morris is "not that good"? After one week I can see the logic along with the wait and see approach. After 4 weeks, he is good he is a RB1 IMO and I have no worries putting him in week after week until he proves me wrong. I go by what he has done so far, not how I "think" he will do the rest of the way out. As an owner I'm not selling.

It's laughable when people say "if it wasn't for that one long run and TD he wouldn't have had a good game". That's terrific logic. That's like saying - If it wasn't for Roddy Whites 3 long catches and 2 TD's he wouldn't have had a good game. wth kind of logic is that.... it did happen that's why he had a good game. You could say that about every player on ever team.

To the OP, I don't like to over think things. IMO he is match-up proof and has shown me that he deserves to be in there every week. He will be in my line up every week until he gives me a reason not to be in my line up.

I agree. Even though i did trade morris. People are hating on him a lil too much. He looked good yesterday and hes been consistent every game this season. He looked good yesterday and not just because of that 39yd run...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 08:14 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7338
Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
md2002 wrote:
Another post about how Morris is "not that good"? After one week I can see the logic along with the wait and see approach. After 4 weeks, he is good he is a RB1 IMO and I have no worries putting him in week after week until he proves me wrong. I go by what he has done so far, not how I "think" he will do the rest of the way out. As an owner I'm not selling.

It's laughable when people say "if it wasn't for that one long run and TD he wouldn't have had a good game". That's terrific logic. That's like saying - If it wasn't for Roddy Whites 3 long catches and 2 TD's he wouldn't have had a good game. wth kind of logic is that.... it did happen that's why he had a good game. You could say that about every player on ever team.

To the OP, I don't like to over think things. IMO he is match-up proof and has shown me that he deserves to be in there every week. He will be in my line up every week until he gives me a reason not to be in my line up.


There's a major difference in saying "if he didn't make that one long play..." and "the defense played terrible, I don't think he makes that sort of play again against less awful D." Morris has played NO, StL, Cin, Tam; all of those teams have putrid run D, hardly makes him "matchup proof."

I also think your logic of going based on what a RB has done so far rather than what you think he will do is what's actually laughable. You don't trade away Mikel LeShoure for Michael Turner just b/c somehow Turner plodded for 168/1 against a swiss cheese D and has a strong resume in the past... you sell his declining arse for the guy you think will do better ROS (if you don't think LeShoure is good and won't do well, insert another unproven player you think will).


Last edited by TheChamp on Mon 10.01.2012, 08:54, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 08:17 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 8997
Sand$: 20724
Donate
sf.gif
I hate to say it champ but youve hated on morris since day one...when i grabbed him over turbin and you gave me the :F ...right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.01.2012, 08:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7338
Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
I hate to say it champ but youve hated on morris since day one...when i grabbed him over turbin and you gave me the :F ...right?


I'm pretty sure you got the face palm for a different reason buddy :wink:

I stashed Morris myself in a couple leagues, and I'm still hating on him. As a fantasy owner it's better to stay unbiased regardless of whether you own the player or not. I just don't think he's that good. I also said in my initial post he'll benefit all season from RGIII and be ok, but I'm selling while he's playing garbage run Ds and looks better b/c of his inflated #s.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DSR24718, Exabot [Bot], giant-eer, jesteva, joshc28, Kaleb.09, Krazy Kraut, LaSean4Heisman, PlumDaddy, SMOKIN BONEZ, Taglos, theoutlawdekepatton, votingmachine, ZebraTank47 and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group