FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 11.26.2014, 20:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 17:41 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2684
Donate
atl.gif
Ok... not quite the target that Chad Johnson was, but Mr. Armon Binns is #85 and will post 100 yards and a TD in week 5.... against none other than the Miami Dolphins.

If you've seen some of my other threads and think I'm just "sticking to what I know." You're exactly right! I'm going for 3 straight break out picks... why not pick on the Dolphins league's worst pass defense? I've been preaching about the Red Rifle all season and reaping the rewards on my own fantasy team. Last week the Dolphins played the Cards exactly how I thought they would... lots of press coverage and blitz packages. Except where I thought they'd double up on Fitz a ton, they actually TRIPLE teamed him on many plays when they weren't doubling him and still couldn't stop him. Sean Smith is their big/physical cornerback that they like to match up with their foe's top WR. Marshall... he was who we thought he was. Reckless and burnable pretty much sums him and the rest of the Dolphins secondary up accurately. The Dolphins rely on QB pressure and when they don't get it they get dinged for a 1st down. As for the Dolphins run D, pretty solid... Ryan Williams went 13 carries for 26 yards. The Phins have been doing this all season long folks! The Cards had no choice but to pass pass pass. The fact of the matter is... the Dolphins have now given up 1,271 passing yards in 4 games to QBs like Schaub, Palmer, Sanchez and Kolb! Eye popping numbers to par/sup-par QBs! Dalton, in my opinion, is a better QB now than all 4 of the previously mentioned QBs and with MUCH better weapons. The Bengals at home? Well they love to pass pass pass and they have the weapons to do it. This matchup plays right into the Bengals offense strengths and the Dolphin's weaknesses. The Dolphins will make a game of it, as the Bengals D is not as stout as the Dockettless Cards... and the Phins took the Cards to overtime. Because the Phins made it a close game, I don't expect them to change their defensive scheme what so ever against the Bengals (which they've ran all season long). Which is "music to my ears" (for you Jon). More of the same in this matchup. Double and triple teams on AJ Green, Binns in single coverage. Lots of blitzing and jam/press coverage. If anything, the Phins will slightly alter their defensive scheme to try to contain the shifty slot receiver Hawkins. Other than that, same song different dance. The Law Firm will be shut down.

Armon Binns, starting WR accross from pure stud AJ Green, is 6'3", great hands, great leaping ability and "plucks" balls out of the air. Owned in just 5% of CBS Leagues. Only one TD on the year, Gruden has called his number in the endzone in three of four games this season. Jay Gruden loves Binns... he snatched him off of the pratice squad from last year and has been grooming him to be a starter opposite Green ever since. One knock on Binns, I've read he has trouble with press coverage. Which is exactly what the Phins are going to do. But, his size over Marshall and the fact that Marshall is a bucket of gasoline waiting on a match, Binns will overcome. Binns is averaging 4.5 targets per game. If you look at his receiving average it was steadily going up until last weeks game in Jacksonville where Binns had 5 targets, no catches. BUT... 4 of those passes were poorly thrown and 1 was nearly a 20 yard TD (which would have been his 2nd in a row). Image below...

Jay Gruden is force feeding Binns a starters opportunity and he gets open a lot. So after last week's let down, expect Gruden to cook up everything he can for Binns in this matchup. Especially after seeing what the Card's #2 WR did to the Phins. 6 catches 100 yards and a TD should come easy for Binns in this game. With average QBs carving up the Phins for 300+ yards... and the Phins ablility to move the ball... Dalton has a shot at 400+ yards 4 TDs this week (Maybe more). 400 and 4 can go a long way between AJ Green, Binns, Hawkins and Tate (I rank in this order). Green will get his this week, he always does. BJGE has had only 6 receptions in 4 games, so he won't eat into Dalton's numbers... and the Phins run D will shut him down. Gresham may get a small piece of the pie, but he's not going to run away with a huge game and may be asked to block since the Phins will be blitzing a ton. Dalton clearly favors his WRs based on 4 weeks of play. Dalton may throw an int, but he'll be :violent-smiley-017: down range all day to gamebreaking WRs. Any Bengal recieving option has a good chance to score this week.

* I'm actually starting Dalton, Green and Binns in this game :thumbright:

** So if Binns fails to make an impact, I'm rowing the same boat

*** Good Luck!

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham
2 Roster Spots used for Waiver Picks

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 17:53 
Chum

Sand$: 78
Donate
Wow thats ballsy..... Great writeup. You've convinced me. I'll be picking him and starting him while Megatron's on bye.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 17:55 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 482
Donate
kc.gif
* runs to the WW *

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6796
Donate
phi.gif
Tony needs to start paying you if you hit with this one.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:04 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
icemen55 wrote:
Tony needs to start paying you if you hit with this one.

:thumbright:

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:07 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 527
Donate
Sigh...I know I should listen to you but I'd be dropping Hawkins for him, and they're on the same team! Argh...decisions...

QB: Rodgers
RB: J Charles, Matthews, Jennings, LeShoure, BJGE, Mendenhall
WR: Nicks, Maclin, Austin, Cobb, Moss
TE: Hernandez, Celek
K: Suisham
D/ST: NE

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:09 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
feisty_rabbit wrote:
Sigh...I know I should listen to you but I'd be dropping Hawkins for him, and they're on the same team! Argh...decisions...

I wouldn't worry about it... Hawkins has just as good a shot as Binns to light up the score board. It could go either way, but Hawkins (starting slot) is owned in a lot of leagues and Binns (starting flanker) is not.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37366
Donate
mia.gif
I'll look like a fool for disagreeing with you, but I like Gresham to go big in this game. Phins can't cover TEs. QBs had a rating of 137.5 against Koa Misi before last week...I haven't looked to see what it is now, but last week didn't improve it. The fact that he's on the field so much is a testament to how good he is against the run...but good Lord, he sucks in coverage.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:12 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1523
Donate
ten.gif
Since Hartline is the "concenus" WW pickup for a majority of leagues this week.... Who has the better game this week????

Hartline vs Binns?

BTW, I picked up hartline last week specifically for this match-up and because I had Megatron on a bye. I certainly didn't expect him to blow up last week on my bench. So, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I had a crystal ball or anything. That being said, I'm not dropping (or sitting) him for Binns this week. I will go with my initial plans, but I'm curious as to who you think will have a better game this week in what looks to be a shoot-out.

I certainly appreciate your time and effort. You do an excellent job on these write-ups. Hope this one hits for you.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:13 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1530
Donate
nyj.gif
would you start Him over amendola in a ppr league?

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37366
Donate
mia.gif
Nice write-up, btw. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:20 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1523
Donate
ten.gif
DrunkLikeAChampion wrote:
would you start Him over amendola in a ppr league?

I certainly wouldn't. Amendola could have a Hartline type game against the Ariz defense, who are on the road on a short week. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15667
Donate
Excellent breakdown.

May I make one suggestion?

I may? Thanks!

Break up those huge paragraphs into multiple, much shorter paragraphs.

You'll get a higher readership and save some of the old coots on here some eyestrain.

Stafford
McKinnon, Hill, Sims, Latavius, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15667
Donate
Elmagister wrote:
I'll look like a fool for disagreeing with you, but I like Gresham to go big in this game. Phins can't cover TEs. QBs had a rating of 137.5 against Koa Misi before last week...I haven't looked to see what it is now, but last week didn't improve it. The fact that he's on the field so much is a testament to how good he is against the run...but good Lord, he sucks in coverage.

Interesting.

I have Gresham in a dyno I just took over last week.

Would you start him over TGonz and Chandler?

Stafford
McKinnon, Hill, Sims, Latavius, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks

PostPosted: Wed 10.03.2012, 18:34 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
Excellent breakdown.

May I make one suggestion?

I may? Thanks!

Break up those huge paragraphs into multiple, much shorter paragraphs.

You'll get a higher readership and save some of the old coots on here some eyestrain.

Thanks for reading! Next week I'll shorten it up for ya.

It is a bit long... I flew through it in about 10 minutes and didn't consider length.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next