FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.27.2014, 22:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 08:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13790
Donate
atl.gif
Quote:
ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that the NFL has granted quarterback Drew Brees' request to have suspended coach Sean Payton, general manager Mickey Loomis and assistant head coach Joe Vitt attend Sunday night’s game with the San Diego Chargers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

This is a significant game because Brees needs one touchdown pass to set a new record for consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass. He’s tied with Johnny Unitas at 47 straight games. The game is also special to Brees because he was drafted by the Chargers, but the team let him go after the 2005 season because there was uncertainty about the health of his shoulder.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_ ... ndays-game

Personally I think it's BS but most don't seem to have a problem. Some feel they have a right to be there and it's a nice gesture by the NFL allowing them to be there. They gave up those rights when they got caught doing what they were doing. You want to watch history, watch it on your tv like the rest of us are going to do. I now hope San Diego goes ape shoot on D and he doesn't throw a TD.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 08:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6020
Donate
phi.gif
Something tells me your opinion may be different if it were Matt Ryan ten years from now.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 08:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13363
Donate
I think what the league did to the Saints this year was bogus, but even if I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't have a problem with this. They will be mere spectators.

In a sport where records and numbers are not held in the same regard as they are in baseball, this is one of the big ones. A record most felt would never be broken.

Cutler, Russell
LeSean, Pierre, Lamar, West, Hill, Starks
Alshon, Cruz, Cordy, Wallace, Cooks, Streater, Douglas, Latimer, Richardson
Cameron
TBD

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 08:39 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2681
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Quote:
ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that the NFL has granted quarterback Drew Brees' request to have suspended coach Sean Payton, general manager Mickey Loomis and assistant head coach Joe Vitt attend Sunday night’s game with the San Diego Chargers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

This is a significant game because Brees needs one touchdown pass to set a new record for consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass. He’s tied with Johnny Unitas at 47 straight games. The game is also special to Brees because he was drafted by the Chargers, but the team let him go after the 2005 season because there was uncertainty about the health of his shoulder.

Personally I think it's BS but most don't seem to have a problem. Some feel they have a right to be there and it's a nice gesture by the NFL allowing them to be there. They gave up those rights when they got caught doing what they were doing. You want to watch history, watch it on your tv like the rest of us are going to do. I now hope San Diego goes ape shoot on D and he doesn't throw a TD.

They can be present at the game, it's not like they will be calling the plays or making half time adjustments. It's no different functionally from them watching it on TV. It means something to Brees to have them there not allowing them there would just be a D-head move. Absolutely no reason for it.

TE: Jordan

1 20 passing
1 10 rushing/receiving
1 PPR, 12 man league.
All TDs 6 Points.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 09:38 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1117
Donate
kc.gif
I like it.

He wanted his coach that believed in him there when he crushes the record and embarrasses the team that doubted him. Hmmm.... I may just pop Colston into my lineup this week after all.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 09:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7693
Donate
jax.gif
If they let those 3 stooges take turns looking through a glory hole, I am all for it.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 10:03 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 600
Donate
hankrip wrote:
If they let those 3 stooges take turns looking through a glory hole, I am all for it.

Well it does line up with your choice in avatars as well.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 10:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5144
Donate
dal.gif
Norseman056 wrote:
I like it.

He wanted his coach that believed in him there when he crushes the record and embarrasses the team that doubted him. Hmmm.... I may just pop Colston into my lineup this week after all.

I think you just talked me into playing Colston this week as well lol. :Drink)

Palmer/Jennings/Rice/Julio/Colston/Wayne/Jimmy/Gronk/Bailey/AZ

My approach to fantasy football is the same as it is with the Cowboys.. I can't wait for next season!

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 12:43 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1903
Donate
no.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Quote:

Typical.

It's a big record, Sean Mickey and Joe are in no contact with the team. Just let it go. You should be able to appreciate it. This isn't something to be upset about, as we're not talking about Barry Bonds breaking the home run record here. I think everyone can agree that Brees deserves it, that he has honestly put in the work and earned the record? So everyone should enjoy it. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 12:57 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1481
Donate
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
I think what the league did to the Saints this year was bogus, but even if I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't have a problem with this. They will be mere spectators.

In a sport where records and numbers are not held in the same regard as they are in baseball, this is one of the big ones. A record most felt would never be broken.

QFT. No harm in having his coaches at the game as spectators.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 13:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33676
Donate
nyj.gif
can you imagine if Brees and the Saints dont get a passing TD on sunday night :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 13:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4384
Donate
chi.gif
I fully agree with this. In fact, why not let them take the honorary first snap at QB and C?

WR: A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, D. Thomas, Antonio Brown, K. Allen
TE: Vernon Davis
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Suisham

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 13:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18277
Donate
sd.gif
djbrow3 wrote:
hankrip wrote:

Well it does line up with your choice in avatars as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Vito from Sopranos was quite the fan of the glory hole.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 13:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7693
Donate
jax.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
can you imagine if Brees and the Saints dont get a passing TD on sunday night :lol:

And at end of game, the jumbotron is an up close loop of Godell laughing maniacally. That would be perfect.

PostPosted: Thu 10.04.2012, 13:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33988
Donate
car.gif
Madagascarians wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Quote:

Typical.

It's a big record, Sean Mickey and Joe are in no contact with the team. Just let it go. You should be able to appreciate it. This isn't something to be upset about, as we're not talking about Barry Bonds breaking the home run record here. I think everyone can agree that Brees deserves it, that he has honestly put in the work and earned the record? So everyone should enjoy it. :thumbright:

I'll agree if you'd agree that Brees is a pompous d-bag. :thumbright:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.