Mendenhall's TD

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2284
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007
Sand$: 5,755.13
What are the chances that there is a stat correction and the play is changed from a run to a pass and Big Ben gets the TD + yardage? When I saw the replay I'm not sure it went forward, but I am sure it did not go backward.
_______________________________________

12 team, 12th year, non-PPR
QB: Mariota, Brady
RB: Shady, Gordon, Hill, Forsett
WR: Brown, Marshall, Decker, Shepard
TE: Gates, Eifert, Fleener
K: Tucker
DST: Broncos
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Oct 6, 2009
Sand$: 2,418.00
Yeah, it looked like a screen pass to me as well. Ben is my QB, and I need those points because I am in a close game.
_______________________________________

QB:Newton,Rivers
RB:Spiller,Forte,DBrown,Woodhead,FJax
WR:VJax,Welker,Jennings,Harvin,Cooper,Burleson
TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16947
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009
Sand$: 39,880.66
ESPN first scored it as a pass then switched it to a run.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
He looked solid today.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11615
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 16,323.72
I was curious about this as well.

I ran it frame-by-frame and it was clearly a forward pass.

If I'm not mistaken, any pass that does not go backward is a forward pass.

But this one went about a half-yard forward.

Not sure how this works: can someone look at the film and change the stat later, or does the judgment call of the ref on the field stand?
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Eli, FitzMagic
Melvin, Latavius, Rawls, dWayne, ChrisT, Booker
Antonio, TY, Watkins, JMatt, Sanu, Michael Thomas
Reed, Martellus, Tamme
NEP DSTPK (inc. Gostkowski)

Keepers: Reed, Rawls
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16947
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009
Sand$: 39,880.66
It's up to these people
http://www.esb.com/
Since our founding in 1913, we have provided historical research and statistical services in the field of professional sports.

The Elias Sports Bureau is the Official Statistician for Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, and the Women's National Basketball Association.

Elias is the primary source of statistics for ESPN, as well as national newspapers and magazines, websites, and dozens of broadcasters of MLB, NBA and NHL telecasts.


I believe they have until game time Thursday to change the official stats.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Leopard Shark
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007
Sand$: 440.00
Man, Mendy looked great. So glad I took a chance on him in the 8th round. I was giddy getting him there but still nervous and had him on my bench and played BJE. Can't wait to plug him in as RB2 the rest of the year. Dude made the Steeler oline look like they were actually blocking(which we know is not the case).
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21885
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 8,646.36
Dude made the Steeler oline look like they were actually blocking(which we know is not the case).



Well said. :lol:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1902
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 4,570.34
I may really need those points :(. I'm up by 17, but my opponent has AJ and Texans D tonight. Doesn't look good...

However, BigBen, did say this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... s/1620541/
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19115
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,706.58
There is such a predjudice against RBs coming back from knee surgery, and historically for good reason. But when I saw Mendenhall sitting there in the 10th in my $ league, I bought.

Thank you, Fantasy God!
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 897
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009
Sand$: 3,077.56
I'm glad I snagged him off waivers after week 1... as my #5 RB behind McCoy, Lynch, T-Rich and Ridley

Trade bait!
_______________________________________

http://www.leaguejacker.com/
QB - Rivers
RB - Dav Johnson, Lev Bell, Ryan Mathews, James White, Dwayne Washington
WR - D Baldwin, M Floyd, J Maclin, C. Hogan, Tajae Sharpe
TE - C Fleener, Hunter Henry
K - Catanzaro
D - Arizona
Chum
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 6, 2012
Sand$: 32.00
steeler39 wrote:Man, Mendy looked great. So glad I took a chance on him in the 8th round. I was giddy getting him there but still nervous and had him on my bench and played BJE. Can't wait to plug him in as RB2 the rest of the year. Dude made the Steeler oline look like they were actually blocking(which we know is not the case).


I was doing the same thing, so glad I started him this week BJGE will usually get you the 8-10 points, but never anything more. I went with Mendenhall his first week back because I felt he would at least score a TD. Welcome back!
Great White Shark
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 9, 2005
Sand$: 6,653.76
TheNataliePortmans wrote:I was curious about this as well.

I ran it frame-by-frame and it was clearly a forward pass.

If I'm not mistaken, any pass that does not go backward is a forward pass.

But this one went about a half-yard forward.

Not sure how this works: can someone look at the film and change the stat later, or does the judgment call of the ref on the field stand?


I think it's actually the opposite. If the ball does not go forward, it is a lateral. And it's the ball, not the where the players are standing.

I didn't watch it frame by frame, but when I saw it live, I immediately said that ball did not go forward. Felt the same on the replay.


Ok, just watched the tape, and it looks like the ball goes straight down the 21 yard line.
Sorry, guys, don't think that one gets changed.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010
Sand$: 888.00
Boooooo....I want those points!
_______________________________________

12 team PPR (qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te/rb flex, k, def)

QB: Ryan, Tannehill
RB: Ellington, Stacy, Crowell, Cunningham, Sims
WR: Megatron, A. Brown, Randle, Gordon, Robinson, Holmes
TE: Ryvera, Gresham
K: den k
DEF: DET
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11615
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 16,323.72
steelpanthers571 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:I was curious about this as well.

I ran it frame-by-frame and it was clearly a forward pass.

If I'm not mistaken, any pass that does not go backward is a forward pass.

But this one went about a half-yard forward.

Not sure how this works: can someone look at the film and change the stat later, or does the judgment call of the ref on the field stand?


I think it's actually the opposite. If the ball does not go forward, it is a lateral. And it's the ball, not the where the players are standing.

I didn't watch it frame by frame, but when I saw it live, I immediately said that ball did not go forward. Felt the same on the replay.


Ok, just watched the tape, and it looks like the ball goes straight down the 21 yard line.
Sorry, guys, don't think that one gets changed.


I know it is the ball, not the players. Look again, it clearly goes forward.

By the way, there's no such thing as a lateral. A pass is either forward or backward.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Eli, FitzMagic
Melvin, Latavius, Rawls, dWayne, ChrisT, Booker
Antonio, TY, Watkins, JMatt, Sanu, Michael Thomas
Reed, Martellus, Tamme
NEP DSTPK (inc. Gostkowski)

Keepers: Reed, Rawls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10ball, Bing [Bot], bunnywafer, canadianraiderfan, Chupacc, Fischman, MSNbot Media, pwbowen, RedBaron8, SnakeStabler, Tacks652, Taglos and 4 guests