FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.01.2014, 01:44

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Aaron Hernandez
PostPosted: Mon 10.08.2012, 11:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7841
Donate
ind.gif
It is looking like Aaron Hernandez should be healthy for week 6. He was practicing last week and the Rotoworld updates were positive. Does anyone else think he is going to be back and start-able at TE in week 6? I use start-able loosely ... I've trotted out Jason Witten and Dennis Pitta for a cumulative 3.1 points over the last 3 games.

I need another week 7 WR due to bye week issues. And someone dropped TB M. Williams (vs NO in week 7). And if Hernandez is a start then Pitta is the drop-fodder.

His injury was on September 16th. The prognosis was a 4 to 6 week recovery and he was practicing last week, which was earlier. Playing this week would be right at the 4 week mark.

PostPosted: Mon 10.08.2012, 11:57 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 482
Donate
kc.gif
I think he plays so roll the dice by dropping Pitta. Temper expectations vs SEA though.

PostPosted: Mon 10.08.2012, 11:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4212
Donate
if he is starting i think i will have to roll with him. Bennett hasn't done much the last couple of weeks. the ceiling is higher on Hernandez than any other options and i don't think his floor will be any worse.

FantasySharks Bottom-Dweller League 13
Balls of Steel Dynasty League

PostPosted: Mon 10.08.2012, 12:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7841
Donate
ind.gif
gstahl5 wrote:
I think he plays so roll the dice by dropping Pitta. Temper expectations vs SEA though.

I'm actually not too worried. I've been getting squat at TE for 4 weeks ... Hernandez hurt in week 2: 0 points. Jason Witten in 3: 0.9 points, Pitta in 4: 0 points, Pitta in 5: 2.2 points. And I've survived 2-2 in that stretch. Week 6, I play a team with many critical players on bye. And week 7 I have so many on bye that I very likely won't win. The next 2 weeks are almost inevitable outcomes. I guess I should just put Hernandez in and watch the news closely.

Seattle may be a tough match for Hernandez, but do you see him coming back and being featured in NE? NE seems to have found a running game and Welker is back. Possession passes to the TE and possession passes to the RB are often interchangeable and the use of Hernandez may be different than the off-season talk of featuring him all over the field.

PostPosted: Mon 10.08.2012, 12:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21080
Donate
sd.gif
I think Hern is in for some good usage w/ Gronk's ailments, bought low in 1 league so far, trying to in more.

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3962
Donate
dal.gif
So....who thinks Hernandez comes back this week? I realize Bellicheck devulges less info than the cia but any reports from Foxboro? I assume he is practicing since he did last week w no setbacks.

I need this fool to play and dominate! Also thinking about dropping Pitta for Vick Ballard (have Rudolph and Celek - we start 2 TE)

WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, G. Tate, M. Sanu
RB: J. Bell, McKinnon, Oliver, Tre Mason, J. Hill
TE: Wright
DEF: Cincinnati, Buffalo
K: Parkey

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25300
Donate
ne.gif
votingmachine wrote:
gstahl5 wrote:
do you see him coming back and being featured in NE?

Yes

gstahl5 wrote:
featuring him all over the field.

Also, yes

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:43 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1430
Donate
dal.gif
First week back from injury ALWAYS worries me, I will be deciding between Hernandez and Heath.....leaning towards the latter right now, really sucks that I have to decide by Thurs :F

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:47 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 886
Donate
greenhornet wrote:
First week back from injury ALWAYS worries me, I will be deciding between Hernandez and Heath.....leaning towards the latter right now, really sucks that I have to decide by Thurs :F

I agree, I am curious to see how he plays. He would be in my flex though and it is between him/LeShoure/Ballard

QB: Ryan
RB: Ellington, Stacy, Crowell, Pierce, Cunningham, Brown
WR: Megatron, A. Brown, Randle, Quick, Gordon, Robinson
TE: Daniels
K: Graham
DEF: DET

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
greenhornet wrote:

Yupp, leaning towards Fred Davis this week. Looking forward to switching to Hern in a week if he proves he's good to go

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 12:50 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 732
Donate
greenhornet wrote:

I got the same TEs

I put Hernandez on my IR and can't activate til next week. Luckily, Heath has an excellent matchup this week, I'm kinda of glad I don't have the dilemma like you but at the same time I think Miller is a great start this week. Here's to hoping!

Good luck on your decision, I think Heath is a safer ride, and I wouldn't be all too surprised to see 2 TDs again!

QB(1): Romo, Eli
RB(2): AP, DeMarco, TRich, Helu
WR(2): A.J., Bowe, Colston, Alshon, Stills
TE(1): Julius, Daniels, GGraham
K(1): Hauschka
DEF(1): Texans, Jets

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 13:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13926
Donate
atl.gif
I'm rolling with Hernando over Pitta especially if he continues to practice all week.

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 13:37 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1430
Donate
dal.gif
Qwertster wrote:
greenhornet wrote:

I got the same TEs

I put Hernandez on my IR and can't activate til next week. Luckily, Heath has an excellent matchup this week, I'm kinda of glad I don't have the dilemma like you but at the same time I think Miller is a great start this week. Here's to hoping!

Good luck on your decision, I think Heath is a safer ride, and I wouldn't be all too surprised to see 2 TDs again!

Thank you sir and here's to hoping you are spot on :Drink)

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 14:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Good news for those looking to roll the dice this wk.

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez (ankle) practices Wednesday

Aaron Hernandez (ankle) participated in Wednesday's practice.
Hernandez's exact level of participation is unclear, but it's obviously a great sign for a player believed to be targeting a Week 6 return. Owners can be cautiously optimistic he'll suit up against the Seahawks. Hernandez's status will be updated Thursday.
Source: ESPN Boston
Oct 10 - 2:51 PM

PostPosted: Wed 10.10.2012, 15:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39028
Donate
pit.gif
votingmachine wrote:
It is looking like Aaron Hernandez should be healthy for week 6. He was practicing last week and the Rotoworld updates were positive. Does anyone else think he is going to be back and start-able at TE in week 6? I use start-able loosely ... I've trotted out Jason Witten and Dennis Pitta for a cumulative 3.1 points over the last 3 games.

I need another week 7 WR due to bye week issues. And someone dropped TB M. Williams (vs NO in week 7). And if Hernandez is a start then Pitta is the drop-fodder.

His injury was on September 16th. The prognosis was a 4 to 6 week recovery and he was practicing last week, which was earlier. Playing this week would be right at the 4 week mark.

I wouldnt do anything til gameday, its the patriots, unless he is actually on the field playing I would count on anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next