FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 07.27.2014, 23:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 03:13 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 782
Donate
pit.gif
There are obvious factors that point to his numbers not being as prolific as in the past. He is on a team that not only likes to run the ball, but runs the ball very well. Defensively, the Texans are solid. Their schedule has been pretty soft which has allowed them to get leads early and often, and the teams they have played, other than Denver, really have been horrific offensively eliminating any shootout possibilities. The Denver game he also had to deal with Bailey.

My questions for the tank are, is there more to it than that? Do you believe he has lost it and or his groin is more of a problem than they are letting on?

Also, is this the week that he finally gets back on track? Hes at home facing a very poor Packer secondary. Green Bay, despite their inconsistencies on offense, are still capable imho of putting up big points on any defense on a given Sunday, which could keep Houstons passing game in play all game.

I play in salary leagues, and because of his struggles, he has a tantalizing low cap hit every week now, considering what I believe is still a pretty high upside. For example, this week players like Dez Bryant, Brian Hartline ect. are even slightly more expensive.

So personally, I`m gonna roll the dice on him again this week. I think he finally has a vintage AJ game from years past that has been absent since week one. Something like 6-8 for 110-130 and a touch.

I believe the stars have just lined up against him so far this year. Although hes not as young as he used to be, I dont believe hes washed up by any means. Id love to hear the tanks perspective and opinions on this though.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 05:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4886
Donate
dal.gif
sandbagger87 wrote:
I believe the stars have just lined up against him so far this year. Although hes not as young as he used to be, I dont believe hes washed up by any means. Id love to hear the tanks perspective and opinions on this though.

Are you using "stars" as a metaphor for the re-emergence of Owen Daniels circa 2009 prior to blowing his knee out along with the most run-heavy offense in the NFL?

AJ is just a victim of his own team's success; I'd be most tempted to expect big things from him when the Texans face a real test (do they have any on their schedule? I haven't really looked ahead). Most games they aren't going to need to air it out much, and if they do he's the one drawing the attention away from guys like Walter and Daniels. It's a shame because he actually seems healthy this year and he's not really being needed come Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 08:53 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1238
Donate
dal.gif
sandbagger87 wrote:
There are obvious factors that point to his numbers not being as prolific as in the past. He is on a team that not only likes to run the ball, but runs the ball very well. Defensively, the Texans are solid. Their schedule has been pretty soft which has allowed them to get leads early and often, and the teams they have played, other than Denver, really have been horrific offensively eliminating any shootout possibilities. The Denver game he also had to deal with Bailey.

My questions for the tank are, is there more to it than that? Do you believe he has lost it and or his groin is more of a problem than they are letting on?

Also, is this the week that he finally gets back on track? Hes at home facing a very poor Packer secondary. Green Bay, despite their inconsistencies on offense, are still capable imho of putting up big points on any defense on a given Sunday, which could keep Houstons passing game in play all game.

I play in salary leagues, and because of his struggles, he has a tantalizing low cap hit every week now, considering what I believe is still a pretty high upside. For example, this week players like Dez Bryant, Brian Hartline ect. are even slightly more expensive.

So personally, I`m gonna roll the dice on him again this week. I think he finally has a vintage AJ game from years past that has been absent since week one. Something like 6-8 for 110-130 and a touch.

Thanks.

I think it's time to be a little concerned. Not time to throw in the towel by any means but based on what I was seeing last night he's lost a step, or could be slightly hurt. Cromartie was eating his lunch out there. He just wasn't able to get open.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 09:23 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1336
Donate
dal.gif
Texans play calling in the redzone screamed that they were happy with FG's, I guess a slight of the Jets offense more than anyhting else.

Suprisingly Cromartie was in good position most of the night on AJ.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 10:23 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2062
Donate
ne.gif
He's old, he's had multiple injuries over the course of his career, and Shaub kind of sucks ;)

Ok, not really fair to ding Shaub, but honestly, Shaub probably isn't being given much latitude to chuck any deep in Johnsons direction because... well with that running game and a healthy Danials why would you to that???

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 11:03 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1086
Donate
nfllogo.gif
I am trying to trade him as we speak.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 11:20 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
den.gif
licker wrote:
He's old, he's had multiple injuries over the course of his career, and Shaub kind of sucks ;)

Ok, not really fair to ding Shaub, but honestly, Shaub probably isn't being given much latitude to chuck any deep in Johnsons direction because... well with that running game and a healthy Danials why would you to that???

How quickly times change. Two years ago Schaub was throwing it 35 times a game. Now he's averaging 20.

WR: Cobb/Fitzgerald/Garcon/Nicks/S. Johnson/Jennings/Harvin
TE: Thomas/Reed
K: Bailey
D: Chiefs

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 11:50 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3111
Donate
hou2.gif
clmg38 wrote:
licker wrote:

How quickly times change. Two years ago Schaub was throwing it 35 times a game. Now he's averaging 20.

...and the NFC west was the biggest joke in football.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 11:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Cromartie covered him really well this week.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 12:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25179
Donate
cle.gif
Guess I see things from at little bit different perspective. This looks like brilliant team management from the Texans to me. Why expose AJ to a heavier workload than necessary when you are winning easily? The goal here is not to score FF points early but to have your real football team healthy for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 12:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114140
Donate
min.gif
He was open and had seperation on a lot of plays I saw but like the OD TD pass Schaub had easier/higher percentage or more productive (OD TD) throws open a lot of the time. No discredit to the coverage Cro had on him but we've seen tighter coverage on completions every game this year.

they showed a replay of the Casey grab over the middle and were commenting/boasting on the coverage of cro on AJ that same play and showed AJ's route (comeback on the lft side past the sticks) and he had 2-3 steps on cro. The designed for Casey with the D read or was just the progression vs. the coverage.

Not impressed with AJ's #s though.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 12:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25179
Donate
cle.gif
Guess I see things from at little bit different perspective. This looks like brilliant team management from the Texans to me. Why expose AJ to a heavier workload than necessary when you are winning easily? The goal here is not to score FF points early but to have your real football team healthy for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 13:33 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 456
Donate
nyg.gif
I wasn't very high on AJ in the preseason and not much has changed. He has the upside to go off some weeks, but his perception is not his reality -- if you can get WR1 value for him, I'd be shopping him.

WR:Calvin,Jones,T.Smith,Williams,Randle
TE:Witten

10teamppr
QB:Newton
RB:TRich,Forte,R.Bush,Woodhead,Blount
WR:Welker,Wayne,Gordon,Nicks,Shorts,Tompkins
TE:Fleener

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 13:54 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1336
Donate
dal.gif
bluemist wrote:

I would also call it brilliant IF the lead had been a little bigger, the game was never really out of hand. The Jets were one big play (because we know they do very little marching down the field) from tying it up most of the game and everybody would have broke out the "they were playing not to lose" cliche.

*While I don't believe Tebow can save the Jets season I believe if they had left him in after the big gain in the redzone last night they could have very well beaten the Texans.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 21:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2981
Donate
nyg.gif
I'm buying low at the right price.