FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 03:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 14:12 

Sand$: 99000
Donate
Haslam claims he won't make any significant moves until the end of the season, but another L and this issue has to be taken care of immediately.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... s/11914684

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 14:17 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 848
Donate
cle.gif
Couldn't agree more!!!

Megatron, B. Marshall, Dez, A. Hawkins
K. Rudolph, Toilolo

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 14:20 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1299
Donate
ten.gif
Beginning to hear some grumbling down here in Nashvegas too.... Munch-sack is not on the thinest of ice, but he needs to get something going soon or he will be.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:23 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2560
Donate
nyj.gif
I think Rex Ryan has to be on the hotseat. He might get the benefit of the doubt with all of the injuries, but if not this season definitely next season.

QB: Ryan, Brady
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Vereen, Ben Tate, Oliver
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Benjamin, Patterson
TE: D.Walker
Def: Chargers
K: Novak

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:24 

Sand$: 56321
Donate
nyj.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
I think Rex Ryan has to be on the hotseat. He might get the benefit of the doubt with all of the injuries, but if not this season definitely next season.

I love Rex and really dislike Tannenbaum. Unfortunately we can't have one without the other. They both will return easily in 2013.

Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18025
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

I love Rex and really dislike Tannenbaum. Unfortunately we can't have one without the other. They both will return easily in 2013.

I bet 1 sand dollar Rex is gone before seasons end.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38930
Donate
pit.gif
gailey
shurmur
munchak
reid

most likly not, but I will add

ryan and wisenhunt

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:32 
Whale Shark

Donate
nyj.gif
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

Tanny really has done a poor job building the team and as much as I like Rex, he does shoulder a good chunk of that responsibility. They put all of their eggs in the Sanchez basket so unless he magically turns into a halfway decent QB in the next year I have my doubts that any of them will be in NY in 2013 (unless they don't have the balls to cut Sanchez). Then again it took them how long to get rid of Schotty?

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:37 
Whale Shark

Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
gailey
shurmur
munchak
reid

ryan and wisenhunt
I highly doubt Reid is going anywhere. I think he would have to go 3-13 before they think about replacing him.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

Tanny really has done a poor job building the team and as much as I like Rex, he does shoulder a good chunk of that responsibility. They put all of their eggs in the Sanchez basket so unless he magically turns into a halfway decent QB in the next year I have my doubts that any of them will be in NY in 2013 (unless they don't have the balls to cut Sanchez). Then again it took them how long to get rid of Schotty?

NY is a different market Coughlin has been on the hot seat since hired and the guy has won 2 SB's. He'll be on it again. NY has a one year memory. Hell Fireman Ed looked bored and the Jets were still in the game monday.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38930
Donate
pit.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
gailey
shurmur
munchak
reid

ryan and wisenhunt
I highly doubt Reid is going anywhere. I think he would have to go 3-13 before they think about replacing him.

Quote:
By Andrew Kulp (email)
The700Level.com

Jeffrey Lurie delivered his annual State of the Eagles address before Thursday's preseason game, and while the CEO didn't have much of interest to say, the media was quick to hone in on the ultimatum of sorts he imposed on Andy Reid. Let's see if we can deliver this is the simplest of terms using Lurie's own words.

He doesn't have a level or anything like that, but no, an 8-8 season would not be enough to save Reid's job, though the owner is not going to make blanket statements, so if two-thirds of the team is not playing there's always exceptions, yet just to reiterate, 8-8 was really an unacceptable outcome.

Make of that what you will.
Reid's job is obviously on the line. He has two years remaining on his contract, and one thing Lurie did make perfectly clear was there will not be an extension this season. It's highly unusual for a head coach to go into a season with that lame duck status, so by the end of 2012 we should have some indication as to what his chances are to return for a 15th year.

It's also safe to say Lurie hasn't made up his mind what he will do yet. 8-8 and out of the playoffs or worse with a healthy squad, and it's an easy decision. What if it's 8-8 with Nick Foles? What if it's 8-8 with a deep postseason run? What if it's 16-0 and bounced from the tournament posthaste?

A little difficult to determine precisely what gets a head coach fired in August, no? Well, maybe not for some of you...

Lurie didn't make any sort of decision yesterday, but he seemed to wrestle with the idea of moving on at the conclusion of last year, so it's certainly possible this will be Reid's last go-round with the Birds. Feels a little strange to be trying to nail down what needs to happen right now though, when the season is new and full of promise. As Reid responded, and we're paraphrasing (I think), that other stuff all takes care of itself.

I dont beleive that anymore, I think reid would be able to get a job if he did get fired, but I think itsb shoot or get off the pot with reid.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:46 

Sand$: 56321
Donate
nyj.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

I know people love making Sanchez a pinata, but with no run game, no wide receivers, no tight end, and a leaky offensive line, I think Sanchez is doing a pretty decent job. Sanchez isn't even in the top 5 of what's wrong with the Jets

The Jets problems are:
1. Running Back
2. Wide Receivers
3. Pass Rush
4. Offensive Line
5. Corner Depth
6. Sanchez

It's obvious Sanchez isn't some awesome quarterback that can do it all on his own. He needs a surrounding cast so he can be a game manager that can win you game one out of every 4, then not lose the other 3. That's what the Jets had in 2009 and 2010.

Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

I know people love making Sanchez a pinata, but with no run game, no wide receivers, no tight end, and a leaky offensive line, I think Sanchez is doing a pretty decent job. Sanchez isn't even in the top 5 of what's wrong with the Jets

The Jets problems are:
1. Running Back
2. Wide Receivers
3. Pass Rush
4. Offensive Line
5. Corner Depth
6. Sanchez

It's obvious Sanchez isn't some awesome quarterback that can do it all on his own. He needs a surrounding cast so he can be a game manager that can win you game one out of every 4, then not lose the other 3. That's what the Jets had in 2009 and 2010.

you forgot coach. I like that to be a 1 but will settle for a 2.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 16:01 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3109
Donate
I live in the Philly area and people have been calling for Reid's head for a couple of years. I'm not an Eagles fan, but I never really understood why because despite his obvious flaws they won't find a better replacement. But the pressure is mounting within the organization as well, I think, based on what local personalities and writers seem to imply. I still think Philly wins the division though and Reid is back next year even if they are one and done in the playoffs. A few of my friends disagree and say that one and done should be grounds to pull the plug on Reid, but I keep telling them they don't know what they're talking about because (as a Texans fan) I would have taken having the competitive team that Reid fields almost every year over spending years as a laughing stock of the NFL any day of the week.

Sometimes you catch some bad breaks in the playoffs and you lose games you should win, that's the way the single game format works, but if you're telling me that your coach could put together a team each year that would, at the very worst, at least make the playoffs I would take my chances with what happens once you get in rather than spending years outside.

Ryan, on the other hand, I felt should have been sacked after last year. Felt like he had worn out his welcome and the team needed a new philosophy or shot of energy or something. Despite this, I'm not sure he's really on the hot seat currently either because the Jets seem to play just well enough to sustain some spark of hope even though the fundamental problems with that team are so apparent. Maybe if he refuses to start Tebow since there appears to be some internal pressure to at least test him out in a starting capacity, but even then I doubt Rex gets fired despite (what I predict) putting out a pretty bad team once again. They would have to tank so hard that even the "you brought in Tebow" and "we have so many injuries" (the latter of which I think certainly helped to buy Reid this year) excuses become irrelevant, but I don't think they will.

Next year will probably be Rex's last.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 16:04 
Whale Shark

Donate
nyj.gif
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
frooglepoopillion wrote:

The Jets problems are:
1. Running Back
2. Wide Receivers
3. Pass Rush
4. Offensive Line
5. Corner Depth
6. Sanchez

I agree for the most part except for the oline and corner depth. Gruden said it perfectly last night: Most teams don't even have a Cromartie, let alone Revis. We have been spoiled for the last three seasons. The oline isn't even close to the worst in the league. Teams have done more with less. Sanchez is still awful with flashes of greatness but he is in his 4th year so at a certain point it's time to reboot. The coaching staff has some of the blame for this (Cavanagh is awful and I am surprised they kept him), but he really appears to either not be teachable or not good enough to execute. I think he will still be around next year due to his contract, but at the very least they are going to draft or bring in someone and hold a legitimate QB competition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next