HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,752.46
With how AP, Charles and Mendy look... has medical science turned this once fantasy death knell (Used to be at least a year before they were back to full strength) into less of a concern? How you will treat players coming off of an ACL injury in the future and has this year changed your tune to it?
Sand$: 719.69
I'll revisit this at the end of the year. We still have a long way to go. So far so good though.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,936.86
endzoneview wrote:I'll revisit this at the end of the year. We still have a long way to go. So far so good though.

yep, every players different.
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,850.22
Not an exact comparison, look at how Tommy John surgery has evolved to the point where guys are coming back as good if not better than they were.

As was said, everyone's body is different and they rehab at different levels with perhaps some players more motivated to do the work pushing the matter and coming back better and quicker.

There are also a number of players in college who are back this year from ACL's with similar encouraging results. Tennessee's WR Justin Hunter and SC's RB Marcus Lattimore both coming off ACL's have a shot at being the first player drafted at their position if they come out this year.

The thing that it would be good to know if someone here knows....has the surgical procedure changed or is it the rehab regimine that's allowing these guys to (seemingly) get back in shorter time.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,834.06
Had this conversation this past Sunday with some friends. It appears that the injury can be rehabbed on the short end but the durability is still not able to be measured. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Dang science, you cool yo.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,419.70
ramsrule wrote:With how AP, Charles and Mendy look... has medical science turned this once fantasy death knell (Used to be at least a year before they were back to full strength) into less of a concern? How you will treat players coming off of an ACL injury in the future and has this year changed your tune to it?

I had been thinking about the same thing this season. Certainly I won't continue simply writing off last year's ACL victims in redrafts like I did in previous seasons. It's getting tough to argue that these are fluke rebounds. Pretty cool to possibly be witnessing the fruits of significant advances in medicine.

Lisfranc, maybe you're next...
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,133.44
Im a little lost for words. Used to seeing people take about a year and a half to feel comfortable cutting on that joint. I think Jamal Charles and Adrian Peterson are the exception to the rule.

Its still early and we will see how durable these guys hold up.
Sand$: 12,025.88
Not every one of these are the same. Peterson is a freak. Plain and simple. Charles had a lot longer to rehab. Remember he went down in week two so he basically had an entire year.

Yes there have been significant advancements in sports medicine.

Yes it's still a significant injury.

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,837.98
I think rehabbing has gotten way more intensive than what guys 5, ten years ago, had done. Not to mention, teams are holding their guys back much more then they used to

Every guy is different as said before, but I do think they are decreasing recovery times pretty significantly.

QB- Wilson, rivers
HB- Gore, Hyde, DMC, Martin, rainey, stacy, ball
Wr- AJ, Lafell, Sanu, wright, britt, amendola, torrey smith
Te- Graham, Jenkins
Idp- Anthony Barr
Def- Chiefs
Taxi, Cobb, turbin, Oliver
WR-Lockett, perriman, marquis lee
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,758.06
djsimmie wrote:Im a little lost for words. Used to seeing people take about a year and a half to feel comfortable cutting on that joint. I think Jamal Charles and Adrian Peterson are the exception to the rule.

Its still early and we will see how durable these guys hold up.
AP more so than Charles. Charles had just about a full year to recover and AP was around 9 months, maybe less. I still think AP rushed back too quickly and it will come back to bite him.

12 Team .5 PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Dalton (streaming)
RB: Forsett, D.Murray, Woodhead, Bernard, Mathews, David Johnson
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Matthews, Parker
TE: Kelce, Eifert
Def: Jets
K: Franks (streaming)
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,780.12
Didn't welker do his too? Last game of the season I believe.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,569.64
jesteva wrote:Not an exact comparison, look at how Tommy John surgery has evolved to the point where guys are coming back as good if not better than they were.

As was said, everyone's body is different and they rehab at different levels with perhaps some players more motivated to do the work pushing the matter and coming back better and quicker.

There are also a number of players in college who are back this year from ACL's with similar encouraging results. Tennessee's WR Justin Hunter and SC's RB Marcus Lattimore both coming off ACL's have a shot at being the first player drafted at their position if they come out this year.

The thing that it would be good to know if someone here knows....has the surgical procedure changed or is it the rehab regimine that's allowing these guys to (seemingly) get back in shorter time.

Tommy John was the first thing that came to my mind too.

There have been huge advancements in ACL reconstruction over the years, and I'm becoming more and more of a believer it's not a death blow to players as it was in the past for decades. Amazing stuff.

-- Signed, the biggest offseason critic & skeptic of AP/Charles returning in the shark tank

PS It also was pointed out that people heal quicker than others, and that's true too; AP is 100% martian.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,752.46
Agreed that the jury is still out but with Mendy coming back and looking as good as he did Sunday... I thought I'd get the dialogue going. I know I've changed my tune... I stayed away from Charles and Mendy because of the ACLs because I've always done so in years past. I took some chances on Peterson luckily, but so far based on what I've seen... Those guys look way better than RBs in the past coming off ACL injuries and I certainly won't be as cautious as I have been in years past if these players' knees continue to hold up.